Bella Ruby Santos Arrested

Jake
Posted
Posted
Interesting, the tipster in Cebu knew the exact location she was shopping, so that would have to mean they were in communications, so could it be a relative turned her in for the money? Hmmm Wouldn't that be a kick in the arse if her mother turned her in for the reward. Could it be that she had her mother turn her in for the reward, thus having more money to defend herself? Or maybe just another case where money is the most important thing in life? I guess we may never know, but then again we may. :) The tipster said Santos was in Forever 21, a fashion store, buying assorted clothes. With Santos’ arrest is expected a reward of P600,000, which was announced last month by the Cebu provincial government for information leading to her capture on top of a P50,000 reward pooled together by the Cebu police. Mystery tipster in Cebu exposed Bella’s shopping trip
Since there are lots of assumptions and theories on how she was caught,its my turn to throw one in. She was sick of being on the run so conspired with a family member or friend to turn her in so that person could collect the reward which they will share once the whole thing is thrown out of court.Hows that?????? :)
Boss Man, I like that theory, the only one that fits in my Filipino mind to get that 650,000 pesos regardless of family value. She would seem to be above them all anyway, the way she flashes her arrogance in public. She is fatally inlove with herself -- boob job and those ugly tattoos on her leg. Wait a minute, I need to puke again....... Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
What surprised me, Lee, is that you should mention this. You've been to Cebu enough times to know that the press here aren't exactly accurate with their reporting. That is particularly true of the paper which carried this story. You may remember that I mentioned that one of its commentators - who know Pique quite well - couldn't even get his (Pique's) name correct in his column! In this case, I suggest they have read between the lines: she may have said that Ian Griffiths is sending money to help with her case. Then asked about what she has been doing - and she replies with (basically) 'enjoying myself' - and the journalist writes that Griffiths has been funding her 'holiday'. Forgive me but you seem to point out things about the defendants and draw attention to their "mistakes" but you seem reticent to criticise the prosecution for their many gaffs and shortcomings. For example, the defence has been requesting the results of the DNA test for two months and the prosecution have steadfastly refused to provide them with a copy. Why should that be? It's a matter of disclosure but this is one document they don't want to disclose thus forcing the defence to apply for a subpoena. Of course we know what the result is - there is no match with Ellah Joy - but unless the prosecution do what they should legally do and that is disclose the document, the defence can not use it. Is that fair? I hardly think so. Mark
Sorry Mark but once again, I did say "of course if they have it on tape and she actually said what the papers say she did." In this post. So now it is beginning to sound more to me like you are defending him on a personal level, and therefore not liking the fact that I brought up that he could be charged, rather than reading what I posted. I am sorry but if he was funding her while she was hiding, and I agree that should not have been necessary because she should have money from the sale of the house and the car, yet she could have blown all that already with the live for today attitude, then would have been aiding and abetting a fugitive, which is a crime that he can be charged with, but just the news saying so, does not make it so. I do not know how much clearer I could have been. You may not like the fact that I have suggested that, but I am sure the police are smart enough to have figured that out on their own. I do not have the low respect for all the police and NBI of the Philippines that you do. I really do not care whether he ever goes to trial or not, I only care that the process start so that the evidence or lack thereof be brought out. I, like Garpo feel that may not happen unless they are both in custody, but it may happen with just her in custody if they feel they cannot get him. The Philippine govt does not wish to play its hand before having them in custody. Should the blood dna show it was Ellah's, and that was released before Griffith was in jail, then he would no doubt do a header and possibly never be found, so that is the only possible reason that I can think of that they have not release the results. Now if it shows that it was not Ellah's as you seem to feel, then it starts to look like a good case for the defense and that would also be a good thing because in order for the police to continue to search for the killers (if they do not already have the right ones) they would first have to dispose of this case, or somehow arrest the person for another crime and tie the two together. Now that Bella is in custody, a lot of things will start to play out, but nothing could have been resolved while she was on the run. Last, I believe I already suggested something similar to what BossMan suggested above in THIS POST and it would not surprise me at all if they use the money to defend her, or to party with if the case ends up dismissed. Then that might end up to be the final slap in the fathers face. Edited by Mr. Lee
slash out all and NBI and now bold words

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)
What surprised me, Lee, is that you should mention this. You've been to Cebu enough times to know that the press here aren't exactly accurate with their reporting. That is particularly true of the paper which carried this story. You may remember that I mentioned that one of its commentators - who know Pique quite well - couldn't even get his (Pique's) name correct in his column! In this case, I suggest they have read between the lines: she may have said that Ian Griffiths is sending money to help with her case. Then asked about what she has been doing - and she replies with (basically) 'enjoying myself' - and the journalist writes that Griffiths has been funding her 'holiday'. Forgive me but you seem to point out things about the defendants and draw attention to their "mistakes" but you seem reticent to criticise the prosecution for their many gaffs and shortcomings. For example, the defence has been requesting the results of the DNA test for two months and the prosecution have steadfastly refused to provide them with a copy. Why should that be? It's a matter of disclosure but this is one document they don't want to disclose thus forcing the defence to apply for a subpoena. Of course we know what the result is - there is no match with Ellah Joy - but unless the prosecution do what they should legally do and that is disclose the document, the defence can not use it. Is that fair? I hardly think so. Mark
Sorry Mark but once again, I did say "of course if they have it on tape and she actually said what the papers say she did." In this post. So now it is beginning to sound more to me like you are defending him on a personal level, and therefore not liking the fact that I brought up that he could be charged, rather than reading what I posted. I am sorry but if he was funding her while she was hiding, and I agree that should not have been necessary because she should have money from the sale of the house and the car, yet she could have blown all that already with the live for today attitude, then he has been aiding and abetting a fugitive, which is a crime that he can be charged with, but just the news saying so, does not make it so. I do not know how much clearer I could have been. You may not like the fact that I have suggested that, but I am sure the police already are smart enough to have figured that out on their own. I do not have the low respect for all the police and NBI of the Philippines that you do. I really do not care whether he ever goes to trial or not, I only care that the process start so that the evidence or lack thereof be brought out. I, like Garpo feel that will not happen unless they are both in custody, but it may happen with just her in custody if they feel they cannot get him. The Philippine govt does not wish to play its hand before having them in custody. Should the blood dna show it was Ellah's, and that was released before Griffith was in jail, then he would no doubt do a header and possibly never be found, so that is the only possible reason that I can think of that they have not release the results. Now if it shows that it was not Ellah's as you seem to feel, then it starts to look like a good case for the defense and that would also be a good thing because in order for the police to continue to search for the killers (if they do not already have the right ones) they would first have to dispose of this case, or somehow arrest the person for another crime and tie the two together. Now that Bella is in custody, a lot of things will start to play out, but nothing could have been resolved while she was on the run. Last, I believe I already suggested something similar to what BossMan suggested above in THIS POST and it would not surprise me at all if they use the money to defend her, or to party with if the case ends up dismissed. Then that might end up to be the final slap in the fathers face.
Kindly retract that statement and do not put words in my mouth; I have never made such a statement. In fact I have friends and family members in the PNP. If you can not debate the subject without resorting to making such ridiculous assumptions, then you shouldn't even reply. Edited by Mr. Lee
strike words

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sorry Mark but once again, I did say "of course if they have it on tape and she actually said what the papers say she did." In this post. So now it is beginning to sound more to me like you are defending him on a personal level, and therefore not liking the fact that I brought up that he could be charged, rather than reading what I posted. I am sorry but if he was funding her while she was hiding, and I agree that should not have been necessary because she should have money from the sale of the house and the car, yet she could have blown all that already with the live for today attitude, then he has been aiding and abetting a fugitive, which is a crime that he can be charged with, but just the news saying so, does not make it so. I do not know how much clearer I could have been. You may not like the fact that I have suggested that, but I am sure the police already are smart enough to have figured that out on their own. I do not have the low respect forall the police and NBI of the Philippines that you do. I really do not care whether he ever goes to trial or not, I only care that the process start so that the evidence or lack thereof be brought out. I, like Garpo feel that will not happen unless they are both in custody, but it may happen with just her in custody if they feel they cannot get him. The Philippine govt does not wish to play its hand before having them in custody. Should the blood dna show it was Ellah's, and that was released before Griffith was in jail, then he would no doubt do a header and possibly never be found, so that is the only possible reason that I can think of that they have not release the results. Now if it shows that it was not Ellah's as you seem to feel, then it starts to look like a good case for the defense and that would also be a good thing because in order for the police to continue to search for the killers (if they do not already have the right ones) they would first have to dispose of this case, or somehow arrest the person for another crime and tie the two together. Now that Bella is in custody, a lot of things will start to play out, but nothing could have been resolved while she was on the run. Last, I believe I already suggested something similar to what BossMan suggested above in THIS POST and it would not surprise me at all if they use the money to defend her, or to party with if the case ends up dismissed. Then that might end up to be the final slap in the fathers face.
Kindly retract that statement and do not put words in my mouth; I have never made such a statement. In fact I have friends and family members in the PNP. If you can not debate the subject without resorting to making such ridiculous assumptions, then you shouldn't even reply.
Mark I will find your statements about the police and prosecutors being incompetent and post them. Added, and if I cannot, then I will gladly retract my words. Also you might wish to read THIS POST, if you have not already. Edited by Mr. Lee
add/ now strike words

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)
Mark I will find your statements about the police and prosecutors being incompetent and post them. Added, and if I cannot, then I will gladly retract my words. Also you might wish to read THIS POST, if you have not already.
Lee I feely admit that I have criticised the police as an institution but you state: "I do not have the low respect for all the police and NBI of the Philippines that you do." (your emphasis). In making that statement, you have said that I have a low respect for all police officers. That is not true and amounts to a Libel. Furthermore I am pretty sure I have made no critical comments about the NBI which, in my estimation, is the only law enforcement agency capable of mounting a proper investigation. Mark Edited by Markham

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

One such statement by you made HERE that infers what I wrote.

Since Berger has filed cases against four Police Officers, including Digal, Santos has filed cases against another two and her boyfriend has also filed cases against a number of Police Officers, probably including Commentador (Digal's replacement), I would say the problem was rather more widespread than you imagine. But I am talking about the Police on Cebu, rather than elsewhere in the country.
Which was made in response to my statement HERE in the below quote
IMO one bad police official does not make the whole system and all police officers corrupt and incompetent, as it apparently does in your mind when you write "The Police".
Next from HERE, and since they have NBI agents in Cebu, it would seem you mean all by your below quote but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and you may have been referring just to the Cebu police
The problem was that it seems very clear that no-one on Cebu knows how to conduct an investigation.
And your quote from HERE which is basically what I have been saying from the start.
So from that we can assume that the Police has no intention of investigating this case any further and that they will only consider new suspects if and when Griffiths and Santos are tried and acquitted.
And your quote from HERE which clearly states that I have more faith in the PNP than Markham and others who live full time in the Philippines does. So I do not feel my post was inappropriate in any way.
Lee, be realistic! You obviously have far more faith in the PNP than those of us who actually live full-time here.
OK, I believe I have made my point that I had basis for my statement, but in the best interest of this forum and peace and harmony, I will retract my statement anyway.I hereby retract my statement made above in THIS POST that Markham has low respect for all the police and NBI of the Philippines than I do. Edited by Mr. Lee
bolding to clarify

Markham
Posted
Posted

Thank you Lee - but please read my PM. Mark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Mark I will find your statements about the police and prosecutors being incompetent and post them. Added, and if I cannot, then I will gladly retract my words. Also you might wish to read THIS POST, if you have not already.
Lee I feely admit that I have criticised the police as an institution but you state: "I do not have the low respect for all the police and NBI of the Philippines that you do." (your emphasis). In making that statement, you have said that I have a low respect for all police officers. That is not true and amounts to a Libel. Furthermore I am pretty sure I have made no critical comments about the NBI which, in my estimation, is the only law enforcement agency capable of mounting a proper investigation. Mark
I have now stuck out the words All and NBI and will discuss with BossMan if he would allow all posts in question to be deleted, for no other reason than the peace and harmony of the forum and all the members. Members if making comments from this post on, please do not quote any of the posts in question or those posts may also then end up deleted, if it should come to that.

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just when it was getting interesting! This seems to be a very hot topic and we all can give our opinions and thoughts but the problem that all of us have is that none of us actually have enough of the facts to say a whole lot. Lets not fall into the old trap of thinking what we read or hear in the media is actually true. I have always said and still maintain that I am looking forward to actual court proceedings so that I can then have a better idea as to the facts and evidence of the case. We all would like to hope and think that nobody could commit such a crime as this. Especially somebody from our home country and basically one of us. I have no idea if Santos and Griffiths commited this crime but I do know that there are witnesses who may or may not be able to identify them. I also know that a pretty good description of the suspects vehicle was obtained and that description is close to what Santos and Griffiths had access to. That is about all I actually feel comfortable in talking about as far as any evidence against them.

Edited by Garpo
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Hopefully this will not take long and if she is innocent then I hope she is found innocent ASAP, so they can resume looking for the guilty party. Although I have played the devils advocate in all this, I actually hope she is found innocent because that would then put more faith in the Philippines system for some who seem to have little. It would also be nice IMO if it was not a foreigner who actually committed this atrocious crime because it makes us all look bad when one of us does anything so horrific. I guess the below statement of the prosecutor shoots to hell some opinions that Bella would rot in jail forever waiting for her bf to be caught before being tried. Of course that is if the news story is even accurate. So Bella met the governor and shook her hand, sure does not seem like anyone is trying to railroad anyone, or even mistreat anyone. They also sent her to the Naga jails so she can be near her family, again does not show they wish to treat her unfairly, and if anything, she is getting pretty good treatment, as I suspected she would. Bella’s trial starts even without British boyfriend Wednesday, October 12, 2011AS Bella Ruby Santos is turned over to the Regional Trial Court RTC), her trial can begin even without her co-accused. Provincial Prosecutor Jane Petralba revealed this yesterday, adding that this is also in Santos’s best interest.“She has the right to a speedy trial,” Petralba said.