Maigc Jack Subscription Reactivation From The Rp

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I bought two Magic Jack units, one I left in the U.S. for my in-law's use and the 2nd one for our use in the Philippines so my wife can talk unlimited on the phone with her parents and friends in the U.S.! Works great! We also use Skype to Skype for free video calling! Lat month our 1 yr subscription Magic Jack expired! I tried reactivating our Magic Jack for another 1 yr subscription via on-line for about a week now to no avail! My credit card payment wouldn't process with my I.P. address here in the RP! Just an hour ago when I logged on to this site, Tom had an ad about Hotspot Shield Anchorfree, a free shareware download proxy server VPN, which assigns a U.S. I.P. address and it allowed me to finally make payment to my Magic Jack subscription after I downloaded the free shareware from the site and used it! It worked! One quirk that I discovered is that you must disconnect from Hotspot Shield or your Magic Jack won't sign in! Let me know if others have the same happen to them, but it's not a big deal with me, because I usually have my browser off when using our Magic Jack.The free shareware will also allow anyone from the Philippines (normally blocked) to watch movies and TV shows via HULU, Fox.com and other sites! I haven't tried it yet, but that's what the ad claims it can do! Here's the Google search site for the free shareware: http://www.google.co...91l1190l2.6l8l0

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, that is great to know thanks Art.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Thanks ART , this will be quite helpful to US. where do we send our "donations"(money gifts) to?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thanks ART , this will be quite helpful to US.where do we send our "donations"(money gifts) to?
Not all U.S. banks are that way, it's just selective which companies will accept overseas I.P. addresses for on-line payments and Magic Jack was just one of them that won't accept an I.P. address from abroad, but the free Hotspot Shield shareware got around it. Also about U.S. TV & movie video streaming sites from the RP, Hotspot Shield will work, because I just tried it! The only thing is the constant video buffering at times, but not always. One should have a fast internet speed of 1 meg or better! If not, just pause the video and let it catch up and restart play again! I prefer to download all of my movies from the internet using a bit torrent client vs watching video streaming movies that constantly buffers and has 3 minute commercials every half hour! I already have tons of full length movies and TV movie episodes on my hard drive that will last me a few months to watch them all! P.S. One other thing, I have found that Google Chrome was the only browser that would allow me to gain access and log on to my Magic Jack account, but couldn't pay on-line without the Hotspot Shield shareware, also didn't work with the IE, Firefox, Opera or Safari browsers, because I tried them all without the Hotspot Shield free shareware! Using Google Chrome and the with the Hotspot Shield shareware, one can access Magic Jack and also pay on-line. It's just a quirk with Magic Jack and not all sites are that way when it comes to paying on-line using a Philippines I.P. address! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted

Back in April this year I renewed my majic jack without any problems, maybe they are starting to track now. I use Trend Micro for my anti virus and a warning page pop up, you know the one saying this is a suspicious site or deals with fraud use, I just ignored it. This hotspot shield also disables google chrome tracking,which I like. Your a good man Art.....thanks.

United Army
Posted
Posted

This Hotspot shield, seems to interfere with my computer to much, to many pop up ads from it and sometimes I cannot access some websites. So will only turn it on if needed. Art your still a good man.....

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I found that product to be a nightmare of obnoxious adware and even shutting it down doesn't stop it, you have to kill 2 processes or reboot will do it. I use Hidemyass, it's not free but works great, no adware and tech support is great.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I found that product to be a nightmare of obnoxious adware and even shutting it down doesn't stop it, you have to kill 2 processes or reboot will do it. I use Hidemyass, it's not free but works great, no adware and tech support is great.
I only tried Hotspot Shield to see if it will work in paying for our Magic Jack 1 yr renewal on-line with my Visa debit card and it finally worked! I don't plan on using this Hotspot Shield all the time, only when I think I need it like sites in the U.S. that blocks I.P. addresses from overseas! I guess too it depends on what Windows OS one is using! It works fine with my Vista Home basic OS and with my Google Chrome default browser! Anyone out there, let us all know if there is a better free shareware than this Hotspot Shiled by Anchorfree! It's just good to have it just in case I need to use it again! Anyways, it worked for me just fine, but I only used it for that one purpose to reactivate our Magic Jack! I'm still messing around with it to see what else it can do, not do or if it will interfere with my system, which I know it does with my Magic Jack when Hotspot Shield is active! So, I just disconnect it and use it for something else!There's tons of free shareware on the net, just have to look and see which ones are worth while using for whatever the reasons or one's purpose! Edited by Art2ro

United Army
Posted
Posted
I also deleted it from my computer, it really was obnoxious.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I also deleted it from my computer, it really was obnoxious.
Obnoxous? I just used it today to watch a full length move from www.hulu.com that is usually blocked to those with overseas I.P. addresses and it certainly wasn't obnoxious! As I said before, I only used it for one purpose only to reactivate our Magic Jack and don't use it every day! It's just there for now just in case I need it again for future use or until I can find a better free shareware, since some of you find it obnoxious, but it worked fine for me for the purpose I used it for!