My Video !!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone i just wanted your opinion on my little video i edited and filmed , i took this about a year ago on the Toronto Subway and i was fooling around today with some editing ! i wanted to make it kind of film like and a bit dark all i did was some color correction made it letterbox added a little camera shake and the music pls let me know if i got the film style i was looking for or if i should change the music , i had a friend say on facebook that he liked the music coz it was like a long lonely ride at night on the subway ! im really trying to be creative with my videos i want to make them more interesting then just home movies coz we all know how BORING it is to watch HM's hahaha anyway any input would be appreciated Thanks !!!O-U-C :)By the way its in HD 1080p pls watch in that if u can thanks

http://youtu.be/kF5ND1-JEvk

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

O-U-C, Great work young man! Love that song from Lady Antebellum "Need you now". Reminds me of cruisingdown the lonely highway, missing my love ones even more with lyrics and melody hitting a soft spot. Thecinematic effect using low angle shots is not about the person(s) in the shot. I think you got your themeacross about lonely people in general. Yeah, I can relate to that..... Lately I've been listening to Hall&Oates oldies but goodies. Check this out, a remake of Gladys Nightsand the Pips -- Neither One of Us (fast forward to 3 minute mark): http://www.livefromd...p.html?ep_id=26 Have a good one -- Jake :

randiei
Posted
Posted

I think it's great, really got the message across!

Candyman
Posted
Posted

It looks pretty good to me, and the music suits it ! Well done !

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Looks great and sounds fantastic, the only comment is that I would rather it was full screen, I even hate the new TV programs and movies that display narrow, so it is not just your video that I say that about. Looks like you took it with a hidden camera in some type of device.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

thanks for the input guys !!! yes jake that was kind of the feeling i was trying to get across but its really funny how you can change the feel of a video just by the music , if i put another song in there it might not have came across the same way !!! i know what you mean lee im not really a huge fan of letterbox either i like the picture to fill the whole screen myself too but as i was trying to make it cinematic i thought it would have been better to try it this way !! anyway i was just fooling around hahaha as for how it looks like it was taking with a hidden cam i actually filmed it with the camera in my lap to stabilize it as much as possible i filmed that around 11 am on a sat morning and the subway wasnt too busy !! thanks again for the input EVERYONE !!! O-U-C :)

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hey Everyone i made another video i shot this one today about a 7 minute walk from my house I hope you all Like it ??? O-U-C :)

http://youtu.be/qg7Y7HfdEjA

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey Everyone i made another video i shot this one today about a 7 minute walk from my house I hope you all Like it ??? O-U-C :)
Hey O-U-C, did you use a color filter? Looks like it enhanced certain autumn colors. If I may suggesttry using a tripod to capture close-up or zooming in nature shots. I really like the pond scene but nexttime go without the letter box effect. A full HD wide screen with no black borders really pops and allowsthe viewer to feel like he's actually there. I thought all along you might be filming that killer intersection while on you're daily run for beer....he, he. Take care my friend -- Jake

NED
Posted
Posted

Nice to see you trying to be a bit creative and experimental. If you want to discuss anything more or want some advice, contact me, I was a audiovisual producer in Australia before coming to Cebu. Keep up the good work, Ned

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
Hey Everyone i made another video i shot this one today about a 7 minute walk from my house I hope you all Like it ??? O-U-C :bash:
Hey O-U-C, did you use a color filter? Looks like it enhanced certain autumn colors. If I may suggesttry using a tripod to capture close-up or zooming in nature shots. I really like the pond scene but nexttime go without the letter box effect. A full HD wide screen with no black borders really pops and allowsthe viewer to feel like he's actually there. I thought all along you might be filming that killer intersection while on you're daily run for beer....he, he. Take care my friend -- Jake
Yeah jake i will get around to that intersection one day hahaha !!! yeah i have to invest in a tripod i have one at my house in manila but i left it there my last trip so i will look into getting one here i also want a steadycam tripod i dont have the $ to buy a good one but ive been looking into videos on youtube about home made ones !!! and i will deff take ur advice and do another video with no letterbox i might even just redo the same one without it just for you my friend :unsure: take care thanks for the input bro !!O-U-C
  • Like 2