Obama Thinks Hawaii Is In Asia Lol

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Without getting into politics, I found this pretty funny. We all make mistakes, and it seems even the president might have been confused where he actually was during his busy travel schedule (he was in Hawaii). I wonder how many people do not know where parts of the earth are located? I know many in the Philippines have little idea because I bought a bunch of blow up globes for family members and had to show them just how far away the Philippines is from the US, and only when I told them it would be about a one to two month ship trip with stops, did they finally seem to understand. BTW, I highly recommend gifts of blow up dolls for friends and families, they can be used to play ball with and learn from.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I know most parts of the world, but I do think that there are 'expectations' to be met. In my opinion, who ever decided that India / Pakistan was in Asia was high on Shabu! Wrong I am telling you, it is just wrong. When I, or most people hear the words / terms orient, Asia, Asian..... there are certain expectations that are certainly not being met when India or Pakistan is said to be in Asia!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Without getting into politics, I found this pretty funny. We all make mistakes, and it seems even the president might have been confused where he actually was during his busy travel schedule (he was in Hawaii). I wonder how many people do not know where parts of the earth are located? I know many in the Philippines have little idea because I bought a bunch of blow up globes for family members and had to show them just how far away the Philippines is from the US, and only when I told them it would be about a one to two month ship trip with stops, did they finally seem to understand. BTW, I highly recommend gifts of blow up dolls for friends and families, they can be used to play ball with and learn from.

I like your recommendation!
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

What is even more funny about it, is that he grew up and lived in Hawaii. It just goes to show that we all can have a brain freeze once in awhile. :89:

Edited by Garpo
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

To be fair, Hawaii is FULL of Asians, and pretty far from Samoa and the rest of the Pacific islands.

• 3 months later...
Okieboy
Posted
Posted

OBAMA – THE FOOD STAMP PRESIDENT. REMINDS YOU OFTHE PROVERBIAL TURTLE ON A FENCE POST. YOU KNOW HEDOESN’T BELONG THERE, AND YOU WONDER HOW HE GOT THEREAND WHO PUT HIM THERE. HE KNOWS HE DOESN’T BELONGTHERE; DOESN’T KNOW WHAT TO DO THERE; AND DOESN’TKNOW HOW TO GET DOWN.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Let's not forget Republican Vice President Dan Quayle's famous remark upon landing in Honolulu. "Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here."

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Let's not forget Republican Vice President Dan Quayle's famous remark upon landing in Honolulu. "Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here."
That actually sounded so much funnier in print than it did when he said it!!! :mocking:
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

He was at the APEC summit so I kind of see maybe... nah. He's from Hawaii. He gotz to know. Even Australia is part of APEC but I wouldn't call it Asia either.Although you Aussie bastards sank my ship during RIMPAC! :hystery:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Maybe he grew up watching Hawaii Five O. Always through that tv series, they referred to places like Hong Kong,Singapore and The Philippines as if they were right next door??

• Like 1