When Picking A Place To Live, What Items Are Important To You?

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Most people who know me say that i am very direct and say what's on my mind. I guess that's pretty right and it has got me into trouble sometimes. The one and ONLY reason i wish to live in the Philippines is because it will allow me to retire from farmwork at a relatively early age ( 54 ). There is just NO WAY i could do that if i was to remain in Australia. Now, being from country Queensland, i don't go much on cities. They are a novelty for me but that novelty quickly wears off after a few days.More important to me is peace and quiet.......... something which is pretty hard to find anywhere in RP, fresh air to breathe and open spaces........ again pretty hard to find there. Some people i meet who have been to RP really annoy me when they say " oh it's a paradise, lot's of beaches, clean sand, lovely people etc etc etc." well sorry to say friends but to me metro RP is a garbage dump. That's the nicest way i could say it. In the 25 years since my first visit i don't see anything different.Would you go swimming at Talisay beach? Bloody sure i wouldn't. No. you've got to get far away from the cities to find clean places to live but ofcourse everything comes at a price. In the case of Cebu, i only know the south areas and from where i've explored, once you get down past Carcar it just gets cleaner and cleaner but the cost you will pay is obvious. Less populated areas means no malls, coffee shops, bars and or other city conveniences. For some that is not an issue, it won't bother me at all if i only get to the city once a month but for others it will be a major concern. Each of us is different and so each of us needs to find his own way but as far as i'm concerned, i could not live in a city like Cebu for any length of time even if i was paid to do it. I have been to Davao a long time ago and think it's about time i had another look as i'm hearing that it IS one place in RP which has really improved, but from memory it certainly did need improving! Also intend to check out Dumaguete and after reading Lee's comments we intend to look at Cagayan De Oro as well.

• Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

​As the saying goes, each to their own preferences! "Different Strokes For Different Folks"! Isn't this topic similar to that of Dave's 5 criteria and 3 other versions of the same thing? I wonder how many more versions will there be on this topic on where to live in the Philippines or best place to live? Keep them suggestions coming, but it would be nice to see some exclusive photos by the OP! :horse:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
​As the saying goes, each to their own preferences! "Different Strokes For Different Folks"! Isn't this topic similar to that of Dave's 5 criteria and 3 other versions of the same thing? I wonder how many more versions will there be on this topic on where to live in the Philippines or best place to live? Keep them suggestions coming, but it would be nice to see some exclusive photos by the OP! :horse:
Actually the topics are different and different OP's so feel free to start any topic you like as I sure you would have some interesting experiences to share since you live there in Manila.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Actually the topics are different and different OP's so feel free to start any topic you like as I sure you would have some interesting experiences to share since you live there in Manila.
No! We don't live in Manila! I'll leave that to those who do or have visited there often and for long stays, to say something good about Manila! All I can say is, it's the worst for traffic and pollution during rush hour!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Keep them suggestions coming, but it would be nice to see some exclusive photos by the OP!
Art my friend, if you meant me by OP, I am always happy to provide photos for members and I have posted quite a few of Cebu and Cagayan de Oro in my gallery HERE if you or members would like to look at them. Then there are some informational sites about CDO HERE, HERE and HERE that members might wish to peruse. Then there is a few on Cebu City such as THIS ONE and of course my photo bucket pages of our condo and surrounding area photos taken from our balcony can be viewed HERE. Hope some of that helps members to get a better idea of those areas. :horse:
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I meant from other posters of areas never mentioned before on this forum! Your condo and our home here has already been mentioned and shown numerous times! There just maybe a gem of a place that some may have already discovered, but it's still all about one's own preference of lifestyles!

• 1 month later...
Mugs
Posted
Posted
Keep them suggestions coming, but it would be nice to see some exclusive photos by the OP!
Art my friend, if you meant me by OP, I am always happy to provide photos for members and I have posted quite a few of Cebu and Cagayan de Oro in my gallery HERE if you or members would like to look at them. Then there are some informational sites about CDO HERE, HERE and HERE that members might wish to peruse. Then there is a few on Cebu City such as THIS ONE and of course my photo bucket pages of our condo and surrounding area photos taken from our balcony can be viewed HERE.Hope some of that helps members to get a better idea of those areas. :cheers:
thanks great information. :thumbsup: