Fbi Record

wolf larsen
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if it's possible to order your FBI record from the Philippines or do you have to be in the States to do submit the fingerprints and paperwork?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Does anyone know if it's possible to order your FBI record from the Philippines or do you have to be in the States to do submit the fingerprints and paperwork?
I guess you are in need of a police clearance perhaps for a visa? Might help if you elaborate a little more as there might be other avenues available for you. :hystery:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is the info your searching for,hope it can assist you 1st article is from the FBI website2nd is from the STATE DEPARTMENT I have posted this info in brief/edited form so others will have the opportunity to read what is required for the "US FBI RECORDS CHECK" ....................................................................................................... An FBI Identification Record—often referred to as a criminal history record or a “rap sheet”—is a listing of certain information taken from fingerprint submissions retained by the FBI in connection with arrests and, in some instances, federal employment, naturalization, or military service. The process of responding to an Identification Record request is generally known as a criminal background check.Who May Request a Copy of a Record (or Proof That a Record Does Not Exist)Only you can request a copy of your own Identification Record.Individuals typically make this request for personal review, to challenge the information on record, to satisfy a requirement for adopting a child in the U.S. or internationally, or to satisfy a requirement to live, work, or travel in a foreign country (i.e., police certificate, letter of good conduct, criminal history background, etc.).,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How to Request a Copy of Your RecordThe FBI offers two methods for requesting your FBI Identification Record or proof that a record does not exist.Option 1: Submit your request directly to the FBI.Option 2: Submit to an FBI-approved Channeler, which is a private business that has contracted with the FBI receive the fingerprint submission and relevant data, collect the associated fee(s), electronically forward the fingerprint submission with the necessary information to the FBI CJIS Division for a national criminal history record check, and receive the electronic record check result for dissemination to the individual. Contact each Channeler for processing times.http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks...................................................................................................STATE DEPARTMENT ...................................................................................................U.S. citizens may be asked to present a "certificate of good conduct" or "lack of a criminal record" for a variety of reasons for use abroad including adoption, school attendance, employment, etc. U.S. law enforcement authorities may not be familiar with such a procedure since it is not commonly requested in the United States. There are a variety of options available to U.S. citizens seeking to obtain proof of their lack of a criminal record.FBI RECORDS CHECK: The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) centralizes criminal justice information and provides accurate and timely information and services to local, state, federal, and international law enforcement agencies, the private sector, academia, and other government agencies. The subject of an identification record may obtain a copy thereof by submitting a written request to the CJIS . The request must be accompanied by satisfactory proof of identity (consisting of name, date and place of birth, and a set of roll-inked fingerprint impressions) and a certified check or money order for the $18 processing fee. The FBI will not provide copies of arrest records to individuals other than the subject of the record. Requests should be directed to FBI CJIS Division, Attn: SCU, Mod. D-2, 1000 Custer Hollow Rd., Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306. If there is no criminal record, a report reflecting this fact is provided. See FBI Identification Record Request.http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/emergencies/emergencies_1201.html

kenn
Posted
Posted

Good Question.... how can someone get this while they are located outside of the USA?I need to get this also.

wolf larsen
Posted
Posted
I guess you are in need of a police clearance perhaps for a visa? Might help if you elaborate a little more as there might be other avenues available for you. :(
Yes, exactly. It's for a visa!

Garpo
Posted
Posted

If you are already in the Philippines then you will not need that FBI clearance record. That is only needed if you get your visa while you are still in the US

Mugs
Posted
Posted

do I need this for a visit?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You do not need a police clearance if you are just arriving on a 21 day entry permit which is granted at the immigration point on arrival however I believe you do need it if you apply for a visa from your own country. Someone might correct me on that if it is not right.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
You do not need a police clearance if you are just arriving on a 21 day entry permit which is granted at the immigration point on arrival however I believe you do need it if you apply for a visa from your own country. Someone might correct me on that if it is not right.
The embassy or consulates only require a bank statement and the appropriate forms and fees for a 59 day tourist visa. I don't know why an FBI clearance would be needed for a tourist visa.

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

While you usually can save money by getting your extended tourist visa while you are still in the US. you will not need an FBI clearance if you wait and do it after you get into the Philippines.Click Here for link to the Philippine Immigration web site that can probably help you out.

Edited by Garpo