Baby Factory? No Its A Very Busy (Maternity Ward) Hospital

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Inside a busy Philippines maternity wardjust thought you would like to see how "nice" the local hospitals are for the low income women who have to deliver or give birth.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16158322thanks to BBC news for this story,

Candyman
Posted
Posted

I always thought of taking up baby farming ! In Australia, the mothers get paid $5,000, every time they give birth. Now, If I were to go halves with the mothers, at say four different mothers a day, that, it $10,000, per day for my stud fees ! $70,000 per week, and that makes me a nice little $3,640,000 a year, for what I enjoy doing ! I could soon retire at that rate, but why bother when you enjoy the work you are doing !

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
I always thought of taking up baby farming ! In Australia, the mothers get paid $5,000, every time they give birth. Now, If I were to go halves with the mothers, at say four different mothers a day, that, it $10,000, per day for my stud fees ! $70,000 per week, and that makes me a nice little $3,640,000 a year, for what I enjoy doing ! I could soon retire at that rate, but why bother when you enjoy the work you are doing !
Wow, a stud to four different mothers a day! Even if the Australian government tax you at 50 percent,you would still be my hero. The government run maternity hospital that Ed has shown is typical of mass breeding of babies, whetherunwanted or not. It will be a never ending supply of cheap labor, poverty and criminals. Welcome to thenew 3rd world realities. Life is so cheap these days.........Jake
  • Like 5

Candyman
Posted
Posted
Wow, a stud to four different mothers a day! Even if the Australian government tax you at 50 percent,you would still be my hero.
Trouble is, the Aussie women are no where near as pretty as Filipinas, so I don't know how long I would be able to keep it up for ! :hystery:
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wow, a stud to four different mothers a day! Even if the Australian government tax you at 50 percent,you would still be my hero.
Trouble is, the Aussie women are no where near as pretty as Filipinas, so I don't know how long I would be able to keep it up for ! :hystery:
I may have to disagree,just finished cleaning my screen after looking at some of those native Australian women,Oh god your so lucky to have such beautiful gifts . Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed link and any racist bull will result in a kick where it hurts

Candyman
Posted
Posted
I may have to disagree,just finished cleaning my screen after looking at some of those native Australian women,Oh god your so lucky to have such beautiful gifts .
Well Ed, I might be a bit prejudice, but I reckon the Filipinas as a whole (hole ??), have it all over the Aussies , and even if my eyes are dim and I cannot see, that could be an advantage for the Aussie sheilas, but I still know what i would prefer ! Especially weight wise, you could fit three Filippinas into one Aussie girl !I have never ever got used to water beds either !
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have been to this hospital & its not the best I have ever seen but better than most government run,At least the "poor" have a place that can help/take care of them.My experience w/ Fabella HospitalIs,when my 2nd child was due,I had to use Fabella Hospital as my PLAN C( i had a PLAN B but using that would have left me W/NOTHING AS A back Up)Yes I did have Philhealth & SSS to help cover BUT use my Plan B then ZERO.I only went to the "Baby Factory" twice to see my New Born,I can tell you IT IS AN EYE OPENING EXPERIENCE , Since I/my partner had to use Fabella Hospital, Requests from "family" for "support" had DROPPED to near ZERO,. last item,I have on 2 occasions ,drop by to give donations of either Vitamins or Low cost Medical supplies.As they are in desperate need at all times for the basic items for its "clients"(producers)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Trouble is, the Aussie women are no where near as pretty as Filipinas, so I don't know how long I would be able to keep it up for ! :thumbsup:
just close your eyes and think the greater glory of Australia ............... :tiphat:
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

latest article about the "baby factory"

this is from the daily mail.co.uk

(very interesting comments posted after the story)

post-1293-0-33611100-1383534533_thumb.jppost-1293-0-59930700-1383534553_thumb.jp

Rosalyn, already a mother of six children, is waiting to give birth. But she will not enjoy the privacy of her own delivery room, her husband Eduardo by her side.

Instead, Rosalyn will be one of the 300 new mothers crammed into the wards at the Dr Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, which sees, on average, 60 new babies come into the world every single day.

Space at the maternity wing is at a premium, so Rosalyn and her new baby will share with other mothers, usually five to a bed but sometimes more, and she will give birth as part of a group of six when the time comes.

Dubbed the 'world's busiest maternity ward', the natal wing at the Dr Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital serves the nearby Tondo slum, a former rubbish dump now home to half a million people.

Here, Rosalyn and her husband Eduardo eke out a living on his daily salary of 380 pesos (£6), augmented by Rosalyn's embroidery work which brings in around 280 pesos (£4) every few days.

'Even if you have no work, you still have to pay the bills,' explains Eduardo. 'I have two jobs for my family's sake.

'I'll do anything to earn more money for my family, odd jobs - even if it's on a Sunday.'

Back at the hospital, Rosalyn is having her final check up with one of the nurses at the Dr Jose Fabella.

Watched by documentary film maker Anita Rani, Rosalyn discusses the blood donors she will need to bring to the birth with a brisk, efficient nurse.

The Philippines is chronically short of blood which makes bagged blood enormously expensive and out of reach for someone like Rosalyn.

But with a seventh baby on the way, haemorrhage is a real risk so she's arranged for a friend to be at the hospital during the delivery along with Eduardo.

'It would be better to have three donors,' chides the midwife. 'Because here in Fabella, three donors is the equivalent of the amount of blood that would be used for you.

'We prepare for your delivery because we don't know if you will bleed at the time of your delivery. Remember it's your seventh pregnancy.'

Seven children is not unusual in the Philippines. In Tondo, families of 10 or even 12 are common, and as a result, at peak times, midwives at the Dr Jose Fabella can deliver as many as 100 babies within a 24-hour period.

'Sometimes, during high season, 13  to 16 babies are in the delivery room at the same time,' Arlene Matanguihan, a resident doctor, said.

'It's chaotic but an organised chaos. We can still manage – no baby drops out on the floor.'

Chief midwife Anna Prebus has delivered so many babies, she finds it impossible to remember how many she has brought into the world.

'I'm sorry but I can't remember [how many babies I've delivered],' she tells Rani. 'It's so many! Maybe 200,000. I've been here since 1986, almost 28 years.'

One in five of central Manila's mothers come here to deliver their babies, and midwives work day and night.

As a result, conditions in the hospital are grim, with queues of pregnant women waiting in the reception area and hundreds more squeezed into the tiled wards.

Those on the verge of giving birth are packed into a tiny labour room. 'There are five in a bed, sometimes we have more,' notes Prebus, who points to women being wheeled into the delivery room, at the very last minute, in groups of six or more.

But for Rosalyn, giving birth in front of five others is the least of her worries. Although the Dr Jose Fabella is a public hospital, operations have to be paid for.

As a result, she and Eduardo live in fear of complications and a hugely expensive caesarian section

( partial of story edited due to spacing)\

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2480170/Inside-worlds-busiest-maternity-ward-women-sleep-bed-100-babies-born-day.html

http://manilatimes.net/worlds-worst-airport-worlds-busiest-maternity-ward/50166/

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

The latest in the baby factory business are wealthy Chinese. The traditional of having a male heir remains strong. The One Child policy means if the first born is a girl, that's it. Brokers are arranging for surrogate American women to bear a second child. The going rate is $150,000. Wealthy Chinese would now have a potential male heir born in the United States to an American mother and a US citizen. If things go wrong in their home country, when the child is old enough, they can petition for the Chinese parents and family.

The arrangement is either to give up the child at birth or for the American mother to continue to raise the child with a monthly stipend.

Red Alert for Jake and others entrepreneurs! This could be a potentially lucrative business in the Philippines. The desire is a male heir, which a less than wealthy Chinese cannot have if their first child born in China is a girl. The Philippines would be the discount price version, maybe $50,000 rather than $150,000. One more thing, the package price includes independent DNA testing to make sure the child is theirs. Whether the procreation is natural or test tube is dependent on mutual agreement.  

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1