Pinoy Family Horror Stories.........

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Art.I looked back thru the pics I have and I can't find the exact pic of the CR. So post-404-0-23322800-1325293019_thumb.jpg here is a pic of another CR in the same building. All are basically the same with a flush toilet and shower and tile floors and walls.... Different colors though.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Bruce, I'll give you less than a year and your nice CR will look like your other nasty CR or maybe not depending if the people using it cares about cleanliness or your shower heads won't no longer work or toilet seat will be gone and the tank will no longer flush! Just wait and see! Can you really take out the squatter mentality out of your boarders or who ever will be living there? In most cases when things are provided for free, they'll just take advantage of your kind nature and ask for more until your money runs out! Good luck to ya Dear Kind Sir!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
Bruce, I'll give you less than a year and your nice CR will look like your other nasty CR or maybe not depending if the people using it cares about cleanliness or your shower heads won't no longer work or toilet seat will be gone and the tank will no longer flush! Just wait and see! Can you really take out the squatter mentality out of your boarders or who ever will be living there? In most cases when things are provided for free, they'll just take advantage of your kind nature and ask for more until your money runs out! Good luck to ya Dear Kind Sir!
That is what I like about you Art.... Always a positive outlook! hehehehe Actually, the woman I have looking after the place is 4'9" tall and ............................ 28 +- kilos (less than 65 pounds when dripping wet)! She runs the place very well and can easily manage the local population. The local squatters are actually afraid of crossing her and call her Ante Marla all the time. They call me Joe or Bruss as they have trouble saying Bruce for some reason. As for the rooms..... I have a plan! I am building, floor by floor with mostly rental rooms for people that can afford 3,000+p a month + electric and water. I also have a bed spacer room for the transients at a much lower rate as well as a public shower using a well on the property and an area as a typhoon storm shelter for short term protection of the people who live in shacks along the water. With the income generated, it supplies all the family needs AND buys rice and some meds for the squatters. It is a self sufficent plan that grows as the building grows.So as the place grows, I can reduce the personal money expended. I have also formed an IRS approved charity which I will start to push when I get back from my up coming trip...... I live on US money and this way, my small social program can be self supporting and will last until (at least) I die and then who the hell knows what will happen! Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Speaking of buying houses...... On my last trip in October, one of the usual street kids who I help and put in school, Venus now 14, shows up as usual under pressure from her family to get money! I would only give 100p or less as I do buy the family rice every month. The father is too lazy to work, mom is a GRO back from Manila because she is preggers, Venus and 3 younger brother. While it is easy to tell the lazy dad to get his ass to work... that does not help the kids... so I buy the rice to help them. I, using the carrot approach have been telling Venus that if she graduates (6th grade now due to lost street running time) I would buy her a house.Keep in mind, a squatter house on Samar is generally less than 50,000p. Well Venus and family were living for free in an old 1/3 open block building with a torn open partial metal roof. Looks like the bombed out farm houses in the WWII movies. Anyway, a house comes up forsale in her area. Wood shack, 3 room, and a nasty toilet! Concrete floor in 1/2 the building. The owner wants the equalivant of $500 USD. I say no budget and offer a firm 15,000p take it or leave it. He takes it, Even though it is a squatter house, there is a sales contract and a meeting with the local captain to register it and I made a point of putting it in Venus's name with instructions she can not sell it until she is an adult...... I added in a bit for some fast repairs and I an done at less than $500!I am happy as I got out of the situation at a (for me) reasonable cost and no future house to buy IF she graduates. Family has a better roof and dad is busy fixing up the place. Baby is due in January and then I say 3 months later mom will be back in Manila doing what ever 35 yr old GROs do......... and sending money back home again to her family. Since I have (my choice) to deal with this family in the future, I made a choice to give some more permanent help that should last for many years.Oh yes, I have been offered the soon to be born baby (nooo, not as a sacrifice!) which is the 2nd baby I have been offered. I thought about it for 0.000000001 seconds before saying NO, but thanks anyway. See pics below which are of preggers mom, 2 of my part time helpers, house, nasty toilet and of course, Venus herself. She is totally unaware that if you fast forward 20 years she is either her mother with a lazy local husband and a GRO (the family business!) or perhaps a washer woman.... And for those naysayers who say you can't live on less than $1,000 USD in Phils.... well these pics show you can! (see toilet again, look CLOSE at the wall behind toilet) Yes, folks, you too can live like a king in Phils with a ready made family, a house WITH indoor plumbing and all the rice your check can afford...... hehehehehehepost-404-0-49757300-1325175668_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-05073400-1325175688_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-29719200-1325175708_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-26140700-1325175725_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-69858900-1325175740_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-43014200-1325175760_thumb.jpg
here is another link posted 1st by BRUCE about this family Catherine, Denden And Venus Squatter / Street Kids