Sc Orders Smith Placed Under Rp Custody

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Pure and simple pay back for the Obama snubSC orders Smith placed under RP custody Constitutionality of VFA affirmedhttp://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...nder-RP-custody

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Pure and simple pay back for the Obama snubSC orders Smith placed under RP custody Constitutionality of VFA affirmedhttp://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...nder-RP-custody
I dont believe so,he was found guilty and should not live a life of luxury. He should spend his time in prison like any other criminal.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree, if after his appeal he is found guilty.Smith is a real tool shed but sad to see him as a pawn in this sh&t.

I dont believe so,he was found guilty and should not live a life of luxury. He should spend his time in prison like any other criminal.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I followed the whole story and he really was only guilty of stupidity and not rape. He and the others dropped her off when he was done with her with her pants on back wards, a definite sign she was totally wasted, and along the side of the road.......... What else was she to do but claim rape when found by people...........It was all about saving face, she was with him and she went willingly because she was wasted, they should have known better, but they were thinking with the wrong head........ Then the trial was pure politics because the people wanted the American soldiers out of the Philippines. I say piss on those who want the Americans out, and the Americans should pull out and let the country see what would happen without their high tech weapons and equipment..... I also say the Americans and other countries should stop giving any money to a country that obviously does not appreciate all the free money they are given and then lets see what happens, and when they ask for money, then maybe they will appreciate it more.......I love the Philippines and most of the Filipino people but all the free money ends up making the rich richer and does not help the poor that it was intended for anyway........So why give it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I followed the whole story and he really was only guilty of stupidity and not rape. He and the others dropped her off when he was done with her with her pants on back wards, a definite sign she was totally wasted, and along the side of the road.......... What else was she to do but claim rape when found by people...........It was all about saving face, she was with him and she went willingly because she was wasted, they should have known better, but they were thinking with the wrong head........ Then the trial was pure politics because the people wanted the American soldiers out of the Philippines. I say piss on those who want the Americans out, and the Americans should pull out and let the country see what would happen without their high tech weapons and equipment..... I also say the Americans and other countries should stop giving any money to a country that obviously does not appreciate all the free money they are given and then lets see what happens, and when they ask for money, then maybe they will appreciate it more.......I love the Philippines and most of the Filipino people but all the free money ends up making the rich richer and does not help the poor that it was intended for anyway........So why give it.
You say you followed the whole story but there was about 30 versions of them,because she went to a bar with them her account is wrong and can not be believed? He was a US service man and in the eyes of all Americans he was set up and not guilty.I'm not sure if you were just raped if putting your pants on the correct way would be the foremost thing on your mind,maybe some other drunk put them on her.It is common knowledge that those in uniform feel they have more rights when in a foreign country and feel superior and think they can do as they like.From my following of the story he is guilty as charged.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately none of us were there to find out the real story ...... all we can go by is what we have been told ..... it is to bad that so many politically motivated groups had to get involved as it did nothing but muddy the waters to the point a 20 story building could have floated on it ....... 1st and foremost he put himself in a position that he never should have regardless if he or she were drunk or not ....... the old expression of "if you lay down with dogs ... don't complain about getting fleas" ....... what I mean here is he shouldn't have put himself in a compromising position and not referring to the girl as a dog ........ unfortunately the Philippines has a bad reputation among male horn-dogs as a place to find easy women and bar-girls who will do anything to or for foreigners ........ during the years of US bases it was know as the liberty port of the world (among other names) ....... and many guys upped just to get stationed here or to remain here ....... and so people continue to come here thinking they can do what they want (in his case he was sent here) ........... Pants on backward ....... pretty hard to do especially if they are tight .... but I guess if you are drunk you could ..... even in my drinking days I never managed to do that ....... He was convicted by a court and sentenced to 40 years ....... well he was found guilty but 40 years for a crime that Filipinos would have gotten 2-5 at the most and many not even brought to trial ........ read about some of the murder cases here ...... one involving a mayors step-son where he got away with killing some one because there were no witnesses .... or at least none that would come forward ...... the theory here is that if there was no eye-witness then there was no crime ...... So is he guilty or not ........ makes no difference he WAS convicted and he WAS sentenced and he WILL be a very old man by the time he gets out ........... moral to this story ....... KEEP YOUR ZIPPER ZIPPED ......... AND ABOVE ALL REMEMBER YOU ARE A GUEST IN THIS COUNTRY ...............

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
You say you followed the whole story but there was about 30 versions of them,because she went to a bar with them her account is wrong and can not be believed? He was a US service man and in the eyes of all Americans he was set up and not guilty.I'm not sure if you were just raped if putting your pants on the correct way would be the foremost thing on your mind,maybe some other drunk put them on her.It is common knowledge that those in uniform feel they have more rights when in a foreign country and feel superior and think they can do as they like.From my following of the story he is guilty as charged.
Let me get one thing straight, I did not mean he was not guilty because he was an American, I would have felt the same way if he was an Aussie, a Brit or from any other culture, he was convicted because of the political climate at the time which was calling for American blood because they wanted the American soldiers out of their country and the courts all reacted to that IMO......Being an American myself, I can honestly say that as far as I am concerned the Americans should learn to keep their noses out of all other countries business and stop trying to be the police force of the world. I personally am tired of paying my tax dollars to support countries and people who do not appreciate our help. I have always said, one cannot buy friendship, friendship and respect has to be earned. As soon as the Philippines wanted the bases closed, that would have been the last dime the US government should have given them IMO. Now the fact that they should have been closed because too many soldiers were taking advantage of Filipinas really does not play into the rest of the politics that continues to go on in the Philippines. The higher class people do not like foreign interference and we all should honor their wishes IMO.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Let me get one thing straight, I did not mean he was not guilty because he was an American, I would have felt the same way if he was an Aussie, a Brit or from any other culture, he was convicted because of the political climate at the time which was calling for American blood because they wanted the American soldiers out of their country and the courts all reacted to that IMO......Being an American myself, I can honestly say that as far as I am concerned the Americans should learn to keep their noses out of all other countries business and stop trying to be the police force of the world. I personally am tired of paying my tax dollars to support countries and people who do not appreciate our help. I have always said, one cannot buy friendship, friendship and respect has to be earned. As soon as the Philippines wanted the bases closed, that would have been the last dime the US government should have given them IMO. Now the fact that they should have been closed because too many soldiers were taking advantage of Filipinas really does not play into the rest of the politics that continues to go on in the Philippines. The higher class people do not like foreign interference and we all should honor their wishes IMO.
Refresh my memory,what was the political climate at the time,I don't recall anything going on about wanting the US out of the country at that time. This was only about 2 years back was it not?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Refresh my memory,what was the political climate at the time,I don't recall anything going on about wanting the US out of the country at that time. This was only about 2 years back was it not?
The people were protesting in the streets because there was US soldiers who were supposedly not fighting in Mindanao but they claimed they were, and the protest got worse when Smith was being tried........ I knew before the trial that he was going to get convicted by what the papers were saying...... They had him convicted before the trial even started....There was no way he was going to get a fair trial and lets face it, people who kill people in the Philippines, do not get sentenced to 40 years, unless they are foreigners, and if it is a foreigner who is killed, it is very likely that their killer will never serve a real sentence and will get out on bail so they can threaten all the witnesses, so they will never see a jail....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, the leftist groups were in the streets about the MAG agreement that allowed US service members into the country to aid hunting down terrorists. Also at the same time I think GMA was hurting from that