T A X I K I C K - Report Rude Or Abusive Taxi Drivers!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.calvinshu...-philippines-2/

How many times have you ridden a taxi that didn’t meet your simple expectations? And when you get off, you always say to yourself you’re going to report the driver but don’t really know how.

Now, everyone can to: TAXIKICK! Weather or not we get any action from our complaints or otherwise, that is yet to be determined, but I guess it's a good idea to begin with or not! Does it seem to be opening up a can of worms? Just have to wait and find out eh!

:541:

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted

You know, i really don't have any problems with taxis nowdays.Sure there are still some con artists out there but it's nothing like what it used to be in the eighties. In my mind, the industry has be cleaned up substantially.

United Army
Posted
Posted

For most of the time Taxis are ok, now and then you will get a sour one...

• Like 1

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heh heh, I see the "no problemo" comments are from Cebu, which had improved greatly the last couple of times I visited there. But the original poster is from Laguna, that is to say close to and much influenced by Manila Taxi attitudes and practices. There is, of course, a world of difference between the two places and practices. Last year in Manila I got out of two taxis, one which was obtained by my hotel, when they refused to run the meter on the way from Pasay to Immigration in Intramuros. Color my wife extremely red during these encounters.Last week, I relented, we were running late and I figured I'd get enough aggravation from the BoI boys and girls. We agreed on a reasonable fee based on my previous experience. It would normally cost around 175 pesos for the trip metered. They wanted 300 pesos, we agreed on 250 pesos. Honest? No. Acceptable? Yes. Now, they would continue to ask for more money, sometimes to my wife in Tagalog, sometimes to me. We refused, though I must admit I did break down and pay more for what was one of the most invigorating rides of my life. Straight out of Need for Speed or Bullett! Side roads, no brakes, lots of horns. Wow, they can't do better at Disney or 7 Flags, so I ponied up a few extra pesos 'cause that driver had my wife clutching my arm like she hadn't since we started dating!When I hit Cebu a few years back it was not unlike Manila. They would refuse to use the meter, would demand a specific amount or demand a bonus on top of the meter, because they didn't "like" where we were going or there was "too much traffic". It has been a year or so since I've been back but they started throwing the meter without being asked and not so many requests for a bonus over the meter because I wanted to go to Mactan Island.Baguio City has, traditionally, the best taxis I've run into. Not perfect but generally honest, almost always throw the meter without even mentioning it, and so forth. I've had maybe two experiences where the meter wasn't on in over four years of living here. The rates went up recently, so it is not the great deal it used to be. Over a 30 percent increase in the cost of a taxi trip. The ride from downtown to my apartment used to cost in mid fifties to mid sixties and now goes high eighties to mid nineties these days. The drivers are pleased at the increase, but I notice more empty taxis than before. The Jeepney drivers are also very happy at their new influx of customers.

Edited by Tatoosh
  • Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted

The two things which annoy me about taxis are: no matter where you get a taxi and no matter what time of day, four out of five drivers conveniently have "no change sir". Once you know that game, it's easy to remember to bring small change with you when you know you're going to ride in a taxi.The drivers seem to be VERY disappointed if you hand them the exact fare.The other thing which bothers me is most of them are just so bloody fast! Still, as i've previously said, these are very minor things when you consider what used to go on 20 or 30 years ago.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
The two things which annoy me about taxis are: no matter where you get a taxi and no matter what time of day, four out of five drivers conveniently have "no change sir". Once you know that game, it's easy to remember to bring small change with you when you know you're going to ride in a taxi.The drivers seem to be VERY disappointed if you hand them the exact fare.The other thing which bothers me is most of them are just so bloody fast! Still, as i've previously said, these are very minor things when you consider what used to go on 20 or 30 years ago.
We usually carry change and then will give the guy a larger bill say like p100 and if he gives us change then he gets a small tip, if he says no change then he gets the exact fare and we tell him we do not have enough extra change for a tip, this has worked very well for us with the taxis that we regularly use near our condo, they always have change nowadays because they know what we will do to them if they don't, and the word got around quickly. I suggest teaching them the way I do and most people will find that before long they will all have change, that is if you care to tip and if not then best to have a lot of change so you can pay the exact fare.BTW I have had taxi drivers call to us and remember us even when we are far away from our home, maybe because we tip and because we are always friendly and they are usually amazed when I speak to them in my little bit of bad Cebuano or understand what they say to my wife and cut in. Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://www.calvinshu...-philippines-2/

How many times have you ridden a taxi that didn’t meet your simple expectations? And when you get off, you always say to yourself you’re going to report the driver but don’t really know how.

Now, everyone can to: TAXIKICK! Weather or not we get any action from our complaints or otherwise, that is yet to be determined, but I guess it's a good idea to begin with or not! Does it seem to be opening up a can of worms? Just have to wait and find out eh!

:hystery:

The above website comes from a Filipino blogger name Calvin. He further asked this:

So where does all these reporting go? Well according to the site owners, they will consolidate the list and submit it to LTFRB and MMDA for them to take action on. But will our government do something? I contacted the creators of the site and they said that they pitched it to LTFRB but told them to talk to MMDA first. There’s no word yet whether MMDA will do anything about the reports submitted.

Calvin concluded that: However, this thing can also be a double-edged sword, a rival cab owner can simply send bogus reports for his benefit.As we all know, public safety takes a back seat on public transportation. Bet it banca boat, inter-island shipping, buses,tricycles and taxis, we immediately pray to the heavens upon our safe arrival to anywhere. LTFRB, MMDA, port authority,coast guard needs to be drastically overhauled. Otherwise, the latest tourist slogan - It's fun to be in the Philippines isa sick joke.

Edited by JAKE
Correct formatting

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well here is my experience with taxi's here in Cebu only ..... in almost 5 years we have only had 3 drivers that were really a problem ...... one ... I was by myself and he tried the broke meter trick ..... I told him to stop and let me off ... the meter suddenly got fixed ..... two .... we got into a taxi and the driver took off and my asawa noticed the meter was off she told him to turn it on and he said broke maam ..... he then told us the fair to where we were going was 350p .... I told him to stop and started to open the door .... the meter came on and we began the Mr. Toads wild ride ..... he was pissed to say the least .... I just joked about his driving (that didn't help matters) ..... when he dropped us off he burned rubber taking off ..... guess I made him mad ...... and the last was a guy with a really fast meter ..... not his fault as he kept telling us how sorry he was because his boss had set the meters in his 5 taxi's to run fast and everyone was complaining about what they charged .... almost 50p from the normal price of coming back from SM .....Now here is the rub .... on the fast metered taxi my asawa called the LTO to complain about the meter ..... she was told they could do nothing about it unless we came in and filled out a written report ..... not worth the trouble .....I checked out the website listed and while it is a great idea I wonder just how much help it is really going to be ..... it is as I see not an official ph.gov website so other than good reading about all the experiences that people have had .......... what is it really going to do to alleviate problems with the taxi'sAs far as keeping a lot of change most drivers don't keep a lot of money on them so that they won't get robbed ...... we had an interesting experience the other day where the driver stopped at a shop on the way to SM and yelled at some guy to come to the cab ..... I was watching very closely with my hand on my pepper spray ..... he handed the guy some money and the guy went back to the shop ...... my asawa asked him what that was all about and he said it was his brother and he was giving him the money in case he was held up he would at least have his cab fee paid ...... I always carry change both in coins and small bills with me ..... no big deal to me ..... I also carry no bills over 500p ....... found it easier to get change for and I don't flash a wad around to attract attention ..... IMHO

• Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I've only had 1 driver try to rip me off. He was taking me from the airport to my hotel on the first trip there. At that time I didn't know where to go to get to the metered taxis. A guy in the terminal must have seen that I had no idea where I was going and asked me if I needed a taxi and said that he could take me to one. He told me something like 300 pesos, maybe 400 to go to Rajah Park where I was staying, which sounded ok to me. We get to the taxi and another guy is actually the driver. Nice guy, we had the usual chit chat into the city but I suppose since I told him it was my first time there that he could rip me off on the fair because once we got to Rajah park he told me the fair was $20. (thats 20 American dollars) I told him that his friend told me 300 pesos....he amost seemed surprised that I argued the price, but 300 pesos is all he got. Thats when I learned NEVER tell anyone its my first time there.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
I've only had 1 driver try to rip me off. He was taking me from the airport to my hotel on the first trip there. At that time I didn't know where to go to get to the metered taxis. A guy in the terminal must have seen that I had no idea where I was going and asked me if I needed a taxi and said that he could take me to one. He told me something like 300 pesos, maybe 400 to go to Rajah Park where I was staying, which sounded ok to me. We get to the taxi and another guy is actually the driver. Nice guy, we had the usual chit chat into the city but I suppose since I told him it was my first time there that he could rip me off on the fair because once we got to Rajah park he told me the fair was $20. (thats 20 American dollars) I told him that his friend told me 300 pesos....he amost seemed surprised that I argued the price, but 300 pesos is all he got. Thats when I learned NEVER tell anyone its my first time there.
As Madonna says -- like a virgin, touched for the very first time.....good thing you put your foot downwhich the driver never expected. All you newbies out there, learn from the pro.Respectfully -- Jake