Any Other Pc Gamers Out There

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not sure what type of computer you are going to build but here is some of my thoughts ...... and what I builtCase .......... Silvertone ......... SST-PS02B ......full size case with plenty of fan hook-ups (4 fans plus 3 on specific hardware)MoBo ....... Gigabyte .........GA-MA790FXT-UD5P ..... many advantages and can be tweakedRAM ........ Kingston ....... 2gb - DDR3 1333 x 4 (8g total)CPU ......... AMD ...... Phenom II x 4 965 / 125w ...... less heat with 125w and can upgrade later without having to change your motherboard ....... big advantage with AMD ...... have never maxed out all 4 cores at once ..... even gaming ... haven't over clocked it yetCPU cooler ........ Sunbeam Core Contact FreezerGraphics .......... GeForce GTX 560 TI ....... (the only thing I had to buy in the US and sent here)Power Supply ......... Gigabyte ....... GE-P610A-C2 ...... 720wSamsung HD ........ HD103SJ ....... 1T x 2 ...... use one strictly for gamingThat is it more or less ..... few odds and ends but nothing important ..... bought everything here except as I said the GeForce ..... mainly because they didn’t have any at the time and the one place that did was almost double the cost of this one ...... bought everything locally because of the warranty where as coming from the states in a B box would have taken longer than the jobbers warranty would last .... but it has been over a year now and no problems ...... I built this system so that it can be upgraded with out having to buy a whole new system as it will be my last complete build ...... (getting to old ...... hahahaha)Anyway right now I have 3 games going on that I switch between ...... The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim ...... Assassin’s Creed : Revelation and Call of Duty : Modern Warfare III ....... keeps me busy ..... hahahahahaha ..... don’t play on-line ..... to many young-guns much better than I am and I don’t like getting bumped ..... LOLSorry this doesn't show the GeForce Graphics Card ..... this was a few days after I built it so it is almost 2 yeas old now .... damn how time flies when you are living in Paradisepost-11-0-40141300-1326693279_thumb.jpgpost-11-0-23299200-1326693307_thumb.jpgpost-11-0-77747900-1326693546_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Damn Mike, very nice rig! It even glows in the dark and I especially like that big freezer on topof your CPU. I only have a mid range HP desktop which I upgraded the ram (3 gigs) and thevideo card (Nvidia GT9500). I'm an old school gamer (mouse and keyboard) and still play FarCry and recently Crysis 2. I don't play on line -- I really suck as first person shooter.My only problem is my boss (wife) who has priority using the computer for home business. Youmay want to get a hold of O-U-C (OldUgly&Cranky). He builds awesome rigs too. You probablyhave at least a 24" LCD, right?Game on -- Jake

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jake ..... actually this post was supposed to be an off-shoot from a post he made but I wanted to see who else gamed ...... Nothing wrong with Far Cry or Crysis 2 ..... Far Cry along with Half Life is what got me into gaming (I was late bloomer .... now I'm a blooming idiot ..... :hystery: ) ....... No still using an ol' Acer LCD 19in. square type monitor ..... only gets up to 1280 x 1024 but I prefer it to the new stretch models ..... hooked it up to my 32in. LCD TV once but it made my eye balls bounce ....... :nudie: :999: ....... at first I would only play war games and then only 1st person shooters but I soon ran out of them so now I play just about any action and role-playing type 1st and 3rd person ..... but still can't get into the strategy type stuff ...... I gotta be there on the front lines ..... not view from above and commanding armies ...... just the up close and personalI do use a Logitech wireless track ball mouse with 7-8 buttons and a Wolf King Warrior one handed key board ...... they sell the same keyboard in CDR King but with their brand on it .... the track ball .... forget it ... I have only seen 1 other track ball and only 2 other mice with more than the usual 3 buttons .... but nothing like mine ...... I keep a new one as a spare at all times ..... tried to repair the old ones but they keep updating the innerds ...... :559: ......Oh well it keeps me outta the streets and as I don't drink ... smoke or chase women ( damn .... can't remember why I should chase women) it is one of my 2 hobbies ....... the other being wood working .....Later 'gator --- Mike

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm with you, too much thinking on role playing or strategy games. I like to take my time in prone positionand try to get as many head shots possible. Just completed Crysis 2 and now onto more FPS like BF3.Speaking of wood working....check this out: http://www.modelbuffs.com/index.php?page=final&cat=pro&id=185&no=1We never grow up -- Jake

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I spend much of my day playing computer games. I also play Skyrim, and I have some good manuals for the different parts if you want them, but I play World of Warcraft, and if you play Skyrim, you would really like WOW. I play HOG, Hidden Object Games, and Time Management. One of my all time favorites is Heroes Of Might And Magic III. Feel free to contact me if you want some games. I have a few thousand.

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

hahaha jake i wouldnt say i build awsome computers mine was a older 1 just just have allot of parts :)i just bought a asrock z68 socket 1155 for $150 cdn now i have to get another cpu so i will get a i5 2500k and i plan on overclocking it to 4.5 which will help in games and rendering my hd videos , im going to get 16 gigs of ram , windows 7 pro 64 bit , i have a 1000w power supply , and a blu-ray burner and i also have 2 gtx 285's 1200mb each graphics cards which i run in sli and i have a spare gtx 260 898mb but i just keep that as a back up ! i have a 1 tb hard drive and a 80 gig hard drive i also have a 500 gig hard drive but im going to keep that out of my new system coz i hope to get enough parts to build a seperate system as a back up , my sound card is a creative x-fi extreme gamer and the sound from that is AWSOME :thumbs-up-smile: i have a logitec x540 5.1 speakers and a 22" samsung lcd monitor , i also have a 42 " samsung lcd tv which WAS hooked up to my computer to watch my Blu rays and hd movies but since my old motherboard crapped out on me i have to wait til i get it all working again which i hope will be this weekend !!!some of the games i have areFSX ( microsoft flight sim X )battlefeild bad company 2battlefeild 3cod mw2cod black opscrysis 2medal of honorguitar hero 3and resident evil 5jake we sould go on skype and game sometime thats when your boss lets you hahaha joke lang :)O-U-C :540:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lordblacknail ...... may just try WOW ...... and Heroes Of Might And Magic III (not sure if I played this one or not .... gonna check my records) ...... I have Dark Messiah Might and Magic and of course Oblivion ...... I have some 200 games and had to type up all the titles and put them on WordPerfect so I can keep track of them ...... :541:O-U-C ..... looks like you have a great system there and will enjoy it ....... I have a 9800gt vid card but don't think I can set it up with my GTX 560Ti ..... in a cross-fire type set up as the 560 Ti is much more powerful than the 9800GT ...... but with my monitor it wouldn't do much good anyway ....Either of you guys into modding ..... I can't mod but I sure the heck use mods I find on the web ..... best site I have found is the Nexus site ..... here's the link ............ http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/ .......... this is the one for Skyrim ....... and for god sakes don't tell Jake about the mods that make the female characters nude .... he'll go nuts and boot his poor asawa off the computer permanently ......... :hystery: :hystery: ......... besides I hate to hear a man dribbling ... drooling and slurring his words because his tongue got hard ....... poor Jake ...... :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

hey mike i seen you have a 9800 gt and your right you cant sli that card with your gtx 560 ti BUT you can still use that card as a phyix card you can set that in your nvidia control panel this will help out with some games that use phyix make sure you goto the nvidia website and update your cards drivers too that also helps good luck my friend if you need any advice or help let me know !!!O-U-C

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Recently have been addicted to Battle Star Galactica. If you have any social life at all, do not start this game.also a big fan of Rome total war, Civ V etc.There is also a game i have heard about. an online Tank game. "tank.com" havent checked it out yet though

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Mike, Dark Messiah M&M is completely different than Heroes. Heroes is a turn based strategy game, where Messiah is a dungeon game. Hereos is a wonderful game, and I will share if you like.