Tazers Legal In Phils

slim
Posted
Posted

I was just wondering if Tazers were legal in Phils.? Can a person bring in pepper spray or anything like that??

Markham
Posted
Posted

I would suggest that's not a brilliant idea if you're travelling here. You face the real risk of having such items discovered by security at the airport and you could face some awkward questioning and probably miss your flight.Pepper spray is sold here.Mark

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)
I was just wondering if Tazers were legal in Phils.? Can a person bring in pepper spray or anything like that??
Hi Slim,Some people refer to stun guns as tasers, where others relate tasers to a pistol style device that shoots out two electric probes. the stun gun is available here in the Philippines and is ridiculously cheap, you gotta hope that the bad guys don't get there hands on them as they seem to be a wonderful mugging tool. http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+cla...Gun+150kv/400kvAs for either being legal I don't know but even if they are legal, they may only be legal to RP Nationals, as a foreigner it could still be illegal for you to own/use one. As for the pistol style taser, I don't have an answer, however my wife will be renewing her gun permit next month, I'll ask her to find out the standing for Tasers/stunguns in the Philippines.as markham stated pepper spray and other similar products are available at the larger hardware stores John Edited by johnb

slim
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies as I thought we needed some kind of protection in our home so I guess it will be best for my wife to get her gun permit and hope we never have to use it? Thanks for the advice

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the replies as I thought we needed some kind of protection in our home so I guess it will be best for my wife to get her gun permit and hope we never have to use it? Thanks for the advice
From what I read most murders that occur in the homes of expats are by stabbing,if you are worried about it get a few base ball bats and hide them where you can access them in a hurry. :welcome:

Mik
Posted
Posted

A baseball bat is usually less messy as well. How many pints of blood in the human body?

johnb
Posted
Posted
From what I read most murders that occur in the homes of expats are by stabbing,if you are worried about it get a few base ball bats and hide them where you can access them in a hurry. :welcome:
A Baseball Bat I knew I forgot something loltsa-prohibited-3.jpg

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

You may have to opt for a piece of re-bar since baseball is not that popular here.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
You may have to opt for a piece of re-bar since baseball is not that popular here.
About 3' of one inch rebar should do the job. 4' if you want a longer reach. At 10' or less you're about even odds against a guy with a gun as long as there isn't more than one. Less messy? Have you seen the splater if you smack someones melon with a piece of 1" rebar?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Slim, if you can become friendly with your immediate neighbors that would increase your security considerably. Get to know the local Baranguy Tanods and meet the Baranguy Captain. Your wife should know the protocol for that, gifting whisky election contribution or the like. Word gets around. Become