Is It Worth Sending A Balikbayan Box?

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you send by LBC as Dave mentioned it might be OK but any other shipping company I would be very leery of ...... also consider sending some quality hand tools ...... not much to choose from here ..... and any specialty tools you might think you need ..... sending them is a must ..... lots of things I left behind I wish I had here .... and I sent 3 huge BB box's ...... but did send some of my Craftsman hand tools ...... also sent a Dremel with flex shaft and all the attachments and even though it takes a power adapter I have no regrets ...... but then if you have friends coming over they can bring you some of the stuff you can't find here ...... I did have some woodworking tools sent over by USPS and everything arrived safe and sound after about a month ..... just some options for you ........ :grouphugg:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What I'm thinking is that I could send a Balikbayan box with a few things but only send it to the LBC depot and not to an address at this stage.
If you do that, the employees there will think it is their gift. They will open it and help themselves to the contents. Better you send it in care of an individual like the ancient one on this forum. It is a part of his business to provide storage for BB boxes if they are not too huge.
Do you know how much he charges for a storage of a box ( is he a shipping agent also ? I would like to ship about 20 kilo box from Subic area to Cebu .Thanks...
Ask him,send a PM or go to his website.He is one of the nicest guys in Cebu,no offence to the many others.Click on the name below for his profileancienrocka
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

one word YES by having your "personal items" from back home, your keeping your "comfort zone" of those items that you treasure/enjoy the most. is it worth the cost? YES . of course within reason, the service is worth it, enough said :thumbsup:

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I agree, the relatively inexpensive cost a BB box (~$75) make it the best deal around. There are lots of good quality things I left behind that I had to repurchase here. True, you can buy most things here now but often lesser quality and why would you want to anyway?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I agree, the relatively inexpensive cost a BB box (~$75) make it the best deal around. There are lots of good quality things I left behind that I had to repurchase here. True, you can buy most things here now but often lesser quality and why would you want to anyway?
He is Australian so the box is $100 LBC if he lives in Sydney or Melbourne or forex is $125 so my point is its not the same as the US prices so this needs to be taken into account. :lol:
  • Like 1