Not Much "political Correctness" In Polk County... But Some Great Comebacks !

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Polk County Florida Sheriff: “You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD.” [actual quote] An illegal alien, in Polk County, Florida, who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued. The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times. Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times. Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had." [actual quote] Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what! The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE of 2009) . . . "When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."[actual quote] Now that, my friends, is common sense, albeit questionable on other levels!

Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
Polk County Florida Sheriff: “You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD.” [actual quote] An illegal alien, in Polk County, Florida, who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued. The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times. Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times. Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had." [actual quote] Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what! The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE of 2009) . . . "When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."[actual quote] Now that, my friends, is common sense, albeit questionable on other levels!
Right on DZ,What other levels? I just hate PC coming from either the liberals or the conservatives. Let's getdown to basic primal instinct -- those that deserve it must be terminated with extreme prejudice.Jake

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds like suicide by cop to me (that or just utter stupidity) Why else would you open fire on a SWAT team knowing that you are outgunned. Either way he got what was coming to him.

Edited by volstateguy

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

1.man should be nominated for a DARWIN AWARD US version :thumbsup:2. In the US if you want the POLICE or law enforcement to "GO WILD" just shoot at 1 of them Your life expectancy drops to just minutes. when you "mess" with "KOJACK".any one recall the bank shoot out in LA in early 90's.? the suspect was shot but medical care was delayed as ?(cant exactly recall,maybe no ambulances was available due to others being wounded) he died due to his "wounds"3. HUMMM .seems like I have heard a story similar to this here in the Philippines but it was many years ago..

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
Right on DZ,What other levels? I just hate PC coming from either the liberals or the conservatives. Let's getdown to basic primal instinct -- those that deserve it must be terminated with extreme prejudice.Jake
Other levels? Possibly someone whining about the mental capacity for judgment that is afforded everyone in law enforcement if this were the norm... personally, I guess if we accept an officer into service, we are ALREADY placing alot of trust in their judgment, just seems a bit biased to see rapid justice like this for only those in that particular brotherhood.... I mean, the families and friends of innocent gas station employees that meet the same fate are just as deserving of swift justice, but since no mobile justice unit with a gun is present..... the pain of reliving the event drags on for them for many times, years until some form of closure or possibly their lifetime. No good answer really. I just signed a petition of denial for parole last, of a convicted murderer, (Two consecutive 50- to 100-year sentences for murder, and four to 12 years for robbery) that shot, execution style, two of my HS classmates in the 70's... during a robbery of a service station that netted him about 600 usd, not that the amount matters....But these are the same steps I, and many of his family and friends that never forget, have followed now for the 20th time as this lowlife comes up for parole over and over. I hate to think that without our continued effort, which is waning, as we now only get 1000 or so signatures, he may be freed. That is why I posted the humorous side of the issue. On March 12. 2012, we pray that the parole board will send him back to prison, until the next parole hearing in 2014.... so I added it to my outlook calendar again. Even worse, and a much bigger issue in the USA is what we sent him back to... a room with all utilities paid, an opportunity to continue is college education, free of cost to him, TV, hot meals, Health and Dental care, and the list goes on....we were just talking that if prison was truly a deterrent, they would all be like the Philippines conditions are described (never seen nor do I want to.. the deterrent works for me)....and as we discussed that topic, we thought about how nice it would be if that swift justice had occurred in our friends case.. and here now 36 years later.... we could only remember our friend and not relive the frustration of preventing his killer living out his life a free man. Not meaning to doom and gloom up the jokes forum, but that was how we got to remembering this humorous posting for today. They were great friends. They are still missed.R.I.P. Michael Pixler (17yo) and Randall Morton(16yo) killed on Christmas Eve, 1976Peace out
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I was living in Polk County in 2006 when this

incident happened. It's a large rural county in central Florida, home to many thousands of undocumented aliens, most of whom, unlike Freeland, are from Central America. He was an Antiguan national well known to the police as a drug dealer and enforcer who was suspected of 15 murders in Latin America. They knew what they were dealing with. There was quite a hoopla at the time and the family appealed to the governor for an investigation as to why he was shot 68 times. The FBI investigated and in 2008 the Justice Department cleared the Sheriff's office of any wrongdoing in the incident. The most quoted remark by the sheriff at the time was, "That's all the bullets we had or we would have shot him more".

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn MikeB we could have been neighbors ...... I lived in Polk County from 1990 t0 2007 ...... although I despised Grady Judd for other reasons he did make the Polk County jail a much nicer place for the prisoners to live ..... no aircon ..... no big screen TV except for educational purposes ..... and many other niceties cancelled ...... but on the other hand he had his hand in to may pies and he covered up for his deputies even when they were guilty ...... do you remember the incident of the stolen items from the property room and the officer caught using drugs and the women deputy caught selling her body to other officers in exchange for drugs and some high ranking officers were involved in this BUT NO ONE DID ANY JAIL TIME ..... yea ...... quite a nice little Peyton Place was Poke County Sheriff's Department ....... IMHO

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I lived in Poinciana, a Puerto Rican community on the eastern border of Polk and Osceola counties. But I was safe behind the tall walls of Solivita so I didn't have to worry too much about Freeland and his ilk. If I ever went back it would be to Texas, not Florida, the suburb of San Juan. But I don't see that happening.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ...... know where you lived well ..... a group of us used to ride our Harley's by there going to old town for bike events ...... in fact a good friend of mine got stunk by a bee not far from there and he was allergic to bee stings we had to stop at that Walgreens down the road and get him something for it ...... used to go all the time to the bike and car show ....... I leaved outside of Lake Wales in an orange grove ...... hummmmmm .... small world isn't it ...... :23_11_60[2]: :hystery: :hystery:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It's not for me but that is a GREAT area to ride a bike. Not much traffic and lots of beautiful 2 lane country roads.