Wish Me Luck!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I need good thoughts tomorrow as I have a meeting with HR and my boss about my future with the company.Best case: An agreeable separation and a nice severance package after 28 years with the company :36_1_68[1]:Worst case: They drag me kicking and screaming from the building :23_11_62[1]:In either case, I'm On My Way!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Candyman
Posted
Posted
I need good thoughts tomorrow as I have a meeting with HR and my boss about my future with the company.Best case: An agreeable separation and a nice severance package after 28 years with the company :36_1_68[1]:Worst case: They drag me kicking and screaming from the building :23_11_62[1]:In either case, I'm On My Way!
I wish you the very best of luck !

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Best of luck. In my case (very similar) the boss was totally pissed at me and my buddy who both retired at the same time. He hated to see his experienced guys retire when they still had 10 good years in them and hated it even more when we demanded the severance package that we were legally entitled to.But here I am and that is all behind me. You will be in the same situation in a few years.

• Like 1

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)
Also, in either case it seems you are taking it in stride so here's to hoping the best for your future.... from someone that has been in a similar scenario not too long ago.... :23_11_60[2]: Best wishes for a successful outcome tomorrow!!! Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Mine was a tad bit different ...... I gave them a date when I would retire but forgot to include my overtime ..... I was leaving right before I made the maximum allowed by the SS so I didn't have to pay any back ...... my boss was a bit shocked when I walked int his office and said .... sorry I made a mistake tomorrow will be my last day ..... I then showed him my last pay stub and a copy of the SS regulations pertaining to early retirement and how much you can earn before having to pay a penalty ...... he wasn't to happy and I suppose he could have held me to my written resignation but he didn't ..... and I was his only supervisor ...... made my replacement happy he got his title and pay raise a bit early ...... and I was heading to the Philippines ........ :23_11_60[2]: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

No such problem for me.....................I'm the boss!Well at least when the missus isn't around! :23_11_60[2]: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Hmmmm, I forgot one thing. If I walk today without a negotiated severance, I would probably lose my annual bonus which is not paid until the beginning of April. So, I will need to tread lightly today!

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Good luck tiger. I bet it goes fairly amiably. Time for you to follow your dreams!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Good luck tiger. I bet it goes fairly amiably. Time for you to follow your dreams!
You were correct! It did go much better than expected and the I was pleasantly surprised that the HR guy gave me a lot of respect for my 28 years of service. No end date yet but this will push it out until later in the spring or summer, which was my original plan.Thanks to everyone for their support! :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Congratulations!