Charity Clarification

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It might be worth noting that Bruce's charity is a registered charity,I don't know the laws on that but would assume there would have to be some sort of accounting done?

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The charity is registered and has met the guidelines for both the state of Florida and the IRS as to allow me to legally say that donations are / can be tax detuctable if you itemize your taxes and follow the guidelines.There have been in the past and are available for review, the published accounting for major charities as to how they account for each $ collected and how much is for 'administration' and how much is REALLY spent on the stated cause.If the general 'giving' public were to take the time to read such documents, then there would be a major shift in where the money is donated to.A fine example is the Sandusky child molesting fiasco of a few months ago. As stated in the papers, Sandusky started a charity for disadvantaged kids. All fine and well. but after his arrest and the resulting questions, the head of the charity stepped down after it was revealed HE was taking home $450,000 a YEAR plus others on the board had high salaries and Sandusky getting a 'fee'.....DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT MONEY! ARGGG!!!! :mocking: (Noooo, not travel to Thailand, thank you very much!) Build and staff a small hospital! and much more....

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT MONEY! ARGGG!!!!
Send your barber's kid to college?Now you have to admit you had that one coming. :mocking:
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT MONEY! ARGGG!!!!
Send your barber's kid to college?Now you have to admit you had that one coming. :cheersty:
Ah.... I remember those imortal words spoken in Caddy Shack by the judge ... Well the world needs ditch diggers too!

daisy
Posted
Posted

I can truly understand where you are coming Bruce. It's sad but people will always have the tendency to marred your good intention. For them it is just so hard to understand that in this world there are still people who really cares humanity and man's dignity. The only consolation you could have is the fact that this is almost done by people who really have not done anything. I've been a victim to that so many times but the support for those who believes on what I am doing inspires me to no end and at the end it just make me a better and wiser person!Keep it up!!!! CHEERS!!!!

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

I feel for you Bruce, I was once in the same situation, it just got too much for me, and I gave it up, only one loser and that was the kids.

• Like 1