Medicare In The Philippines

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i think it wil be great if there is a good hospital in Guam and we get Medicare here in the Phil

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

The UGLY TRUTH ,a reply You want Fraud in medicare? Allow it in here and it'll the make local officials seem like small fry. You want Medicare?Go back to your home country OR buy Insurance?cant afford insurance , then save some money in case of illness,Cant save any money,then go back to your home country. NO one forced you or me to live herewhen you became eligible for Medicare what did the program state(cant be used outside the us) . NO ONE, can use MEDICARE outside the US exceptsee below infoMedicare generally does not cover health care while you are outside the United States. Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands are considered part of the United States.In rare cases, however, Medicare may pay for inpatient hospital services provided in Canada or Mexico if:

• You live in the United States and a foreign hospital is closer or easier to get to from your home than the nearest United States hospital that can provide the care you need; or
  • You are in the United States when you have a medical emergency and a foreign hospital is closer or easier to get to than the nearest United States hospital that can treat your emergency; orMedicare generally does not cover health care while you are outside the United States. Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands are considered part of the United States.In rare cases, however, Medicare may pay for inpatient hospital services provided in Canada or Mexico if:
    • You live in the United States and a foreign hospital is closer or easier to get to from your home than the nearest United States hospital that can provide the care you need; or
    • You are in the United States when you have a medical emergency and a foreign hospital is closer or easier to get to than the nearest United States hospital that can treat your emergency; or

SOME MEDICARE and MEDIGAP plans provide worldwide or EMERGENCY coverage when you travel outside the United States. You should check with your plan before traveling outside of the country.seriously consider this ,http://ssa-custhelp....e-united-statesThis is the UGLY TRUTH.

Edited by Call me Bubba

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

THEN UGLY TRUTH IS THE USA SENDS BILLIONS IN AID ALL OVER THE WORLD, WHAT FRAUD THERE WOULD BE IN THE PHILLIPINES WOULD BE CHUMP CHANGE, WHEN YOU USE MEDICARE YOU RECEIVE A STATMENT HOW MUCH WAS CHARGED AND HOW MUCH PAID, IF YOU SEE FRAUD REPORT IT, AS FAR AS THE 400,000 FILAMERICANS THIS IS THEIR HOME, THEY PAID IN TO MEDICARE AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE IT, I HAVE PAID INTO IT FOR YEARS BUT ONLY USED IT AT THE VA , NOT KNOWING THEY CHARGE MEDICARE NOW, I HAVE A GOOD LOCAL DOCTOR I GO TO , THERE IS NO FREE RIDE, AS FAR AS FRAUD THE KUAKINI MEDICAL CENTER IN HONOLULU HAWAII CHARGES 220% OVER COST THAT IS 190% MORE THAN JOHNS HOPKINS,CONSIDERED THE BEST HOSPITAL IN THE US AND IT IS LEGAL,

Kahuna
Posted
Posted

Hmm some good information that I will need someday when I get there for retirement.My original idea was to get the Philippine insurance there and have a good supply of funds for emergencies because thats what the system calls for there but if someday Medicare is allowed I'd take advantage of it since I've paid into it and should be able to use it where I end up in my opinon. I will follow this and hopefully we get a break someday on this in our favor.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

This topic link listed maybe helpful, as its NOT directly related to Medicare, it can be of use if your seeking some other insurance to help.As it did help Golden Heart.http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/topic/4865-experience-with-blue-cross-and-local-health-care/

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Medicare? We'll never see it in the Philippines in our lifetime! We know of a few retirees that only subsists on the interest of their lump sum retirement with or without Social Security benefits and have no medical insurance, except for Phil Health, because they don't believe in paying the high cost of medical insurance premiums as long as they have a nest egg set aside for their medical needs! We're sort of in the same situation, but I do have TRICARE, a military health care system with no premium payments that will reimburse 75% of our medical and pharmacy costs and I do have an adequate U.S. retirement pension every month! So, it's doable as long we have a nest egg of our own set aside, because those cash upfront medical costs may run into the hundreds of thousand and or in the millions of pesos! Anyway, if that day ever comes, we're prepared!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
that their is another topic with slightly different info. here is the link so that it can viewed