They Take Drunk Driving Very Seriously... Down Under!

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Man Charged with DWI for Driving Motorized Coolerslide_200382_529437_large.jpg?1329515001An Australian man caught driving a motorized cooler box through a beachside resort town appeared in court charged with drunk driving, The Courier Mail reported Monday. Christopher Ian Petrie, 23, faces charges of driving under the influence and driving without a license after police caught him on the makeshift vehicle, which was powered by a 50cc engine.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Fixed post

Kahuna
Posted
Posted

That seems a bit harsh..but I collected 2 dui's about 30 yrs ago so maybe things have gotten more serious since I stopped partying so long ago. :dance:

dean01
Posted
Posted

It is crazy but 50cc is a motor bike. The posties have bikes with that size engine.

Kahuna
Posted
Posted

It's a toy tho..lol they are killin all the fun :cheersty:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
In the US, you can now get a DUI charge on a BIKE or a lawn tractor!So bad that if you are in a bar, drunk, realize you are drunk and then go to your car and try to sleep it off.... IF you have posession of the keys, you are charged with a DUI! Yes, even asleep!
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
In the US, you can now get a DUI charge on a BIKE or a lawn tractor!So bad that if you are in a bar, drunk, realize you are drunk and then go to your car and try to sleep it off.... IF you have posession of the keys, you are charged with a DUI! Yes, even asleep!
They do that here in the Far Nord Frozen Mukluk too!
  • Like 1

Kahuna
Posted
Posted (edited)
Oh yes..I'm in Illinois and one of the guys I used to work with recently had a DUI on his lawnmower...the dummy...lol..I used to tend bar in my late 20's early 30's and I got 2 Dui's back then and it took me 3 years to get my license back so I learned the hard way.I got them back ,got my chaufeur's[sp?] license and been clean ever since.It just makes me sad to see how hard they have gotten since I was a younger man. Edited by Kahuna

Kahuna
Posted
Posted
It's a toy tho..lol they are killin all the fun :lol:
They do that here in the Far Nord Frozen Mukluk too! That might keep them from freezing to death in thier sleep but what a bad feeling when they awake :cheersty:
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
In the US, you can now get a DUI charge on a BIKE or a lawn tractor!
Then there is Canada where you can get one on a snowmobile. A buddy, long ago, took off from the bar in Watson Lake, Yukon on his snowmobile and the cops chased him. He took off across the fields to get away. Thought he was pretty smart. So when he gets home the cops are waiting for him and give him the ticket. . . Its a small town, they knew who he was.
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
In the US, you can now get a DUI charge on a BIKE or a lawn tractor!
Then there is Canada where you can get one on a snowmobile. A buddy, long ago, took off from the bar in Watson Lake, Yukon on his snowmobile and the cops chased him. He took off across the fields to get away. Thought he was pretty smart. So when he gets home the cops are waiting for him and give him the ticket. . . Its a small town, they knew who he was.
From your start as a Greyhound driver to your retirement.... was there a noticable change in attitudes and testing requirements for drivers as pertaining to drinking and driving?