Here Is One For The Houndriver!

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

This bus was sitting 2' on the road and the rest off on the side for about 2 years. I would pass it everytime I came into or out of Catbalogan. It is about 4 kilometers out between Jiabong and Catbalogan.It was there up to last week and I would see it when I rode to the health department in Jiabong. Then one day, as I passed the corner on the highway... it was GONE!Oops! Well I thought I was gone. It was simply pushed across the road and off the traveled path. See pics.Dave, I am sure that if you want a 'fixer upper' you might be able to snag this one.... CHEAP!post-404-0-27470400-1329911289_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-04509300-1329911309_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-09165700-1329911324_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-92770500-1329911345_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-42550800-1329911365_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-86689000-1329911377_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-69272400-1329911400_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-89689400-1329911417_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-78824800-1329911440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
attached image correctly again and again,lol

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I can't believe someone is not living in it ..... :hystery:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I can't believe someone is not living in it ..... :hystery:
Seriously! I was too!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I wrote about 2 Silverstar busses that were attacked and burned by 'bad guys' (terrorists, gangs, extortionists, it was never specified) a year ago.Point is, the Silverstar company left those busses beside the road for about 8 months while they slowly dismantled them, piece by piece and hauled each piece away. Remember they were both burned so there was little of value left but every piece was salvaged. There is nothing left now. Nothing gets wasted here.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I don't know how true... but I was told that the bus companies here on Samar have instructed their drivers that if they hit someone, to make sure they are dead! There is a difference in the payout for a dead person vs injured. Dead is cheaper.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

You should teach Filipinos the parable of the Mexican chicken and the Gringo. Run over one of them and you pay the market value of the dead chicken and all the chicks it would have produced for the next five years.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
You should teach Filipinos the parable of the Mexican chicken and the Gringo. Run over one of them and you pay the market value of the dead chicken and all the chicks it would have produced for the next five years.
Not sure if it's still the same but it was like that in Germany when I lived there...Shhhh!!! We definitely don't want the locals to get any ideas!!! :hystery:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Back in the 80's BEFORE a law change...Texas ranchers would cut their own fence and let the bulls / cows out. When one got hit IT was a PRIZE bull and the driver's insurance company was on the hook for 10K +. Insurance companies got tired of that and the law was changed that the rancher was responsible to protect his stock.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Back in the 80's BEFORE a law change...Texas ranchers would cut their own fence and let the bulls / cows out. When one got hit IT was a PRIZE bull and the driver's insurance company was on the hook for 10K +. Insurance companies got tired of that and the law was changed that the rancher was responsible to protect his stock.
OK this will be off topic but maybe I'll get away with it ..... :hystery: ..... one of the guys I used to work with in Florida had a bunch of cows and when ever they got out near the highway he had to rush from work and collect them as he was responsible for any damage they caused even if hit by a car .... he was responsible for the damage ...Boy ... just think what he would have to pay if they were hit by a bus ....... there I made it back on topic ..... . :hystery: :mocking:
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
just think what he would have to pay if they were hit by a bus
It always depends on the accident report. If "The animal came out of nowhere, on a collision course, and rammed into the bus" Then the animal is at fault. But if "I saw the animal running for the road and tried to brake but could not stop in time". Then the driver was driving too fast for road conditions and hazards and is thus at fault.
  • Like 1