Canada's Five-Year Sponsorship Bar To Crack Down On Marriage Fraud

billten
Posted
Posted

Bob but with this one i am absolutely on the same side. IMO Canadian immigration have their heads so far up their respective butts that they can't see for the sh!t. From a personal perspective, they have treated my wife of over 10 years so poorly that we have completely given up on ever stepping foot into Canada. Everything i see from the immigration and the politico's who make these stupid rules is all about public perception and getting 5 minutes in the papers. It really doesn't help. And in a country that has been, and continues to be, built by immigration, that is scary.As an immigrant, i honestly believe in immigration, but the monkeys that are in charge right now are too far gone and need to have a dose of reality.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I had no issues sponsoring a previous girlfriend into Canada. Actually, even though I submitted to be a sponsor, I wasn't required. The rules had changed and, as her employment category (artist / web designer) was added to the grouping of employment prospects. She was Taiwanese. My cousin had no issues bringing in his wife from the Philippines though they applied there and waited for her approval before coming to Canada. They met when we took a trip to Manila and then he returned a few months later, married and then applied for immigration. Actually we both had the same issue - it took forever to be processed because of cutbacks to Immigration personnel.What was the issue that got you the rejection? Are you British and trying to immigrate with a Filipino wife? British wife? Anybody have a criminal record? (Please don't answer that one on here!) Or are you a Canadian? Are you trying to go to a big city like Toronto? (That's a killer every time!) Do you have employment or a means of support? Is there anyone who can sponsor you both? Family? I know it's not the easiest to get into Canada but try getting into the US of A! Or Australia! Compared to those two, you can just walk into Canada... Even England is harder to get into than Canada! I have several British friends who are married to Canadian women and are forced to stay here because the Brit Immigration says that their wives aren't of the nationality they want to immigrate there!I'm not saying Canadian Immigration is perfect because it's not... I"m saying our government is doing the wrong thing to make it better! As in the title of this post!

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

I'm dual UK and 25 years in Toronto, Canadian citizen and when we applied gainfully employed in TO.The lovely wife is refused a visa, several times, simply as she 'fits the profile' i guess. In the same period she visited many other places around the world, including the UK. Unlike most places, in Canada there is no appeal process, no explanation as to why she is refused, and once refused, getting another honest review is almost impossible. We found dealing with the immigration was terrible. Getting an honest response from a real person at immigration is about impossible and everyone there simply spouts the same PC crap.Anyhow, things worked out as we live here now and are very happy. Its just they left a very nasty taste in the mouth and as far as i'm concerned, they can stick it...

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Unlike most places, in Canada there is no appeal process, no explanation as to why she is refused, and once refused, getting another honest review is almost impossible
In Canada, there is an explanation given to the refusal, further details are available if required and there is an appeal procedure. Not sure what happened but it's all there available. Were you using an immigration lawyer? They aren't worth the money! I went online for my former girlfriend and found all the information required for her immigration - and we never had an issue! I have since helped several other people with the same and only 1 was rejected because of confusion over somebody else with the same name and town who was a well known thief. This one was appealed with the information submitted on the error and the decision was reversed once they confirmed that they had made an error. I can tell you right now that part of your problem was that you were in Toronto. It is so full of immigrants now that the government wants to reduce the number of immigrants living there - and that includes new immigrants moving there. And, yes, there have been numerous stories about this in the major newspapers over the last 7 or so years. If you were in Mississauga or Brampton or Oshawa, you probably would not of had any issues. I'm only 30 minutes away from Toronto and I have yet to see anyone have a problem with Immigration... The government and their Immigration ideas, yes! Immigration itself, no.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This is kind of funny! Here I live in Canada, am defending the Canadian Immigration and I want to move to the Philippines... :tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Here I live in Canada, am defending the Canadian Immigration
I wish I could defend them but I have a brother working for CBSA. If he is typical, and I think he is, then I respect what they do but they have wayyyyy to much power.
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Here I live in Canada, am defending the Canadian Immigration
I wish I could defend them but I have a brother working for CBSA. If he is typical, and I think he is, then I respect what they do but they have wayyyyy to much power.
you're lucky... My sister and brother-in-law (until he passed away recently) work for CRA! You want a deduction for what? :lol:
  • Like 1