Funny,unusual,wacky Yet True Philippine News Stories

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I felt its time to start a topic about the Funny,wacky yet true philippine news events that we hear or read about. I will hope that the other stories(posted in the future)will be entertaining Yet NOT disrespectful Today I start not with 1 but 2 stories ,,Da fake Mole stopped at NAIA Immigration officers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) recently intercepted a human trafficking victim who tried to leave the country by sticking an artificial mole to her face. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. disclosed that the incident hapopened last Feb. 16 when the female passenger attempted to board a Philippine Airlines flight to Singapore . He said the woman wore an artificial mole to make it appear that she and the woman in her passport who is her look-alike are one and the same. David again declined to reveal the passenger’s name as the anti-trafficking law forbids the public disclosure of human trafficking victims. He, however, warned other Filipinos who want to work abroad to desist from employing tricks that would enable them to leave the country illegally. “Such tricky and deceptive schemes will not work because it will not escape the watchful eyes of our people at the airports,” David said. According to BI airport operations division acting chief Benito Se, the passenger was lining up at the immigration departure counter when she was invited for further questioning. The woman was reportedly traveling as a tourist but had no hotel reservation and could not explain her purpose in going to Singapore . Se said the TCEU personnel noticed dissimilarities in the facial features of the passenger compared to the picture of the woman in her passport. “She was asked to wipe her face with a handkerchief which caused the removal of the fake mole in her face,” Se recounted. The passenger was later turned over to officials of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) at the NAIA for further investigation.### http://immigration.g...=1484&Itemid=78If its not a Technical Hold up then what is it? Have you heard of a technical hold-up? ( its already more fun in the philippines)A group of fish vendors in the Mandaluyong City market believe they have fallen victim to a racket they could only call “a technical holdup.”These vendors, stationed by the side of an alley clogged with waiting tricycles, between the Munting Palengke and the Triple A Market, continue to lose their merchandise to a scheming group allegedly identified with the Mayor’s Office.( guess its time to start filling the reelection coffers ?)The vendors complained that a gang, headed by a certain Edwin, described as tall, dark, balding, would swoop down on their stalls without warning and cart away their merchandise wholesale.Last week alone, Teresita Marcial Santos, 58, said she lost all her first-class squid for sale, costing a total of P3,000, to the group.A young male vendor said he, together with other vendors down the alley, had been similarly victimized with unfailing regularity.Sometimes they strike twice a week,” explained Santos, who said she got their wares on credit, care of the 5-6 lending monopoly in and around the Tiger City market area.These vendors have the necessary permits properly displayed. They swore they never sell past the defined boundaries, meaning they could not be charged with illegal vending.But the raiding group would reportedly often bully its way and seize the merchandise, without issuing a receipt.After the last raid, Santos said they rushed to city hall to pay fines, if they had indeed violated an ordinance, to recover their merchandise.We were told our items were sent to the DSWD Office,” Santos said.The DSWD Office denied it had received the confiscated fresh items.( a sudden case of amnesia?)The vendors said they could not do anything as the raiders operated by using the Mayor’s Office as a shield.Egay Mendiola, a civic worker from Barangay Poblacion, said he had been told a loot totaling P30,000 was carted away in the group’s last raid.It was Mendiola who relayed the vendors’ complaint to the Inquirer.This reporter had informed someone from the Mayor’s Office about the malpractice late last week.“So far there have been no seizures this week,” Santos said.Santos believes word has reached Mayor Benhur Abalos about the “technical robbery” going on at the Mandaluyong City wet market.On Friday, the vendors said they saw Edwin, the alleged group leader, walk past their stalls with no hint of menace.These same vendors, however, said the gang could only be lying low before striking again, if nothing is done to stop them.http://newsinfo.inqu...p-gangs-tactics

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The graphic or mater of fact way news items are presented can often be humorous. A few years ago a young man was illegally tapping into electrical lines and was killed. The paper stated he was unable to let go of the wires and his testicles exploded. :chickendance:

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have just found the Latest "funny ,unusual wacky" yet true philippine news story

this woman was looking for her husband who was with another for a "private " session of ??

( :nudie: x ) She found him after using the CAR ALARM to locate the missing man.

Car alarm helps wife track off-course sailor hubby

BACOLOD CITY, Philippines – A car alarm can keep your vehicle safe from robbers but, in this case, it did not keep a philandering husband safe from his wife.

Only two days after an Army intelligence agent was outfoxed by his sergeant-wife and nabbed with another woman in a motel, a similar case took place in a different motel,

this time involving a 59-year-old seaman who appeared to have lost his bearing, his 55-year-old wife and a lady 22 years his junior.

And this could be another concubinage or psychological violence case that will be handled by the Women’s and Children’s Concerns Desk of the Bacolod City Police Office, its head, Inspector Jovy Cabcaban said.

The off-course sailor and his 27-year-old siren are now detained at Police Station 2 after they were brought in by policemen over the complaint of the wife who roamed the city almost the whole night of Sunday until early morning Monday, searching every possible trysting place known to man and beast.

Cabcaban, narrating the testimony of the wife, said she had already received information about her husband’s midnight sailing several months back but she was not able to confirm it until early Monday.

Armed with the duplicate car alarm switch of her husband, the wife went on a tour of the known motels in the city, stopping at every room and clicking on the car gadget.

Her attempts proved almost futile after surveying all the motels until she reached what was supposed to be her last stop -- the gaily-colored Imperial Court Motel, the newest one located on 13th Aguinaldo Street.

It was at Room 59 that she heard the familiar sound of her husband’s car alarm tone, prompting her to call the police who then made the two lovers come out.

.http://philnews.com/headlines/2012/headline_news_0812aa.htm

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmmm ... maybe should should just put a Lo-Jack on her husbands penis .... and besides it could have an additional pleasurable benefit for him and his date .... well ... for a few moments anyway until she burst into the room ..... just saying ..... :mocking: :cheersty:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I read this and i do feel sorry for the children that was the innocent victims/

BUT CARLITO TAMPON (yes thats his name) seems to lack.

. Well what can i say without "pushing the forum rules"

Maybe he seems to be lacking common sense and cranial activity or material inside his skull

NOW the story

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Seven persons, including three children, were wounded on Thursday when a leaking liquefied petroleum (LPG) tank exploded and triggered a fire in front of a junk shop in Barangay Calamba in Cebu City.

Among those hurt was Carlito Tampon who tried to sell three LPG tanks used by taxi units to the junk shop owned by Joel Ramos in Sitio Paglaum, Barangay Calamba about 2:50 p.m.

Berhildis Ong, a worker of the junk shop, said he turned down Tampon because the Cebu City Hall

had warned against the buying of whole tanks and had told junk shops to buy them in pieces.

After hearing this, Tampon beat on the inlet valve of one of the tanks about 3 meters away from a barbecue stand. :hystery:

GAS LEAKED from the tank, triggering an explosion after it caught fire from the barbecue stand.

The fire also spread to a portion of the wall of the house at the back of the barbecue stand as well as the nearby unoccupied small huts.

Six persons who were at the barbecue stand suffered burns in the different parts of the body. They were Junrey Douglas; Cristina Lavistre, 35; Angel Lavistre, 4; Gwendolyn Montemayor, in her 30s, and daughter Angel, 5; and Bianca Rama, 7.

Tampon suffered burns on the face, chest and other parts of the body. He was brought to the Cebu City Medical Center while the rest were brought to the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center.

Dennis Escaran, a civilian driver of Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama, said he happened to pass by the area when the fire broke out.

Escaran said he found a fire extinguisher in front of the junk shop and used it to put out the fire. He then brought the victims to the hospital.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/260842/7-hurt-as-lpg-tank-explodes-triggers-fire-in-cebu-city

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
he seems to be lacking common sense and cranial activity or material inside his skull

Nuff said!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

since its friday, I have found 2 worthly news events to post

This man. who knew he had a warrant for his arrest, applied anyway to get his "Police Clearance" .

Well???. it didnt turn out as he expected.

Cops catch rob suspect through ‘WAIS’ program :morning1:

The name alone should have tipped him off.

A suspect in a robbery case ended up being arrested and detained Wednesday after he applied for a police clearance through the Warrant of Arrest Information System, or WAIS (Pilipino slang for wise), program.

Senior Superintendent Conrad Capa, Muntinlupa police chief, identified the man as Robert John Kristopher Flores Estupin, 22, a jobless resident of Bayfair Subdivision in Barangay (village) Putatan.

A check of the WAIS database showed that he has a standing warrant of arrest issued in 2011 by Judge Juanita Guerrero of the Muntinlupa Regional Trial Court Branch 204.

“The suspect personally went to the police station to apply for a police clearance. He said he needed it for a job application,” Capa told the Inquirer Thursday.

Asked what kind of job the suspect was applying for, Capa said that Estupin had informed them that he wanted to be a tanod, or watchman, in his barangay.

When a staffer of the Muntinlupa police typed in the suspect’s personal details on the computer using the WAIS program, the results were less than encouraging.

“There was no mistaking that the job applicant was the suspect wanted by authorities,” Capa said.

Capa said the robbery suspect was well aware of the case against him and the issuance of a warrant for his arrest.

“He thought our database doesn’t work and we would still issue him a clearance without finding out [about] his previous case,” he added.

The suspect has since been arrested and now needs to pay the recommended bail bond of P100,000 for his temporary liberty.

The police said they were looking into his possible involvement in other robbery-holdups in the city and nearby areas.

Chief Supt. Benito Estipona, director of Southern Police District,

said the Philippine National Police’s computer database WAIS program,

which consolidates arrest warrants issued across the country, has been helpful in tracking down fugitives.

“Muntinlupa, for one, had at least three hits this year.

The [police] have arrested three people, including [Estupin], who were facing various criminal charges,” Estipona said.

http://newsinfo.inqu...gh-wais-program

the man in this story must have been really hungry

Dinner w/mans best friend for only 300p

Smoke wafting from a Makati City neighborhood led authorities to the slaughter of a dog that ended up as appetizer in a drinking session.

Bonifacio Marinas, 37, a construction worker, was arrested on Tuesday at his Barangay (village) Cembo residence for alleged violation of the Animal Welfare Act and the Anti-Rabies Act. He faces six months to two years in jail if found guilty.

Dr. Sammy Santos, a consultant for the advocacy group Network for Animals, said Marinas was detained at the police headquarters following his inquest in the City Prosecutor’s Office on Wednesday.

Around 2 p.m. Tuesday, members of the Makati Public Safety Department (Mapsa) came to Marinas’s house on a tip that he and two other men had killed a four-month-old male mongrel, which he bought for P300.

The tipster was the woman who earlier sold the dog thinking that Marinas and his friends would use the animal to guard a farm in Batangas province.

“I thought the dog would be in good hands. :hystery: I would not have sold him had I known that they would just cook him,” Beverly April Gonzales said, referring to the dog her family had called “Cholo.”

Gonzales said she became suspicious when she saw smoke coming from Marinas’s house and picked up the smell of burnt fur. She then rushed to the suspect’s house to demand the dog back.

“But they showed me the dog with its throat already slit,” she said

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/278054/man-nabbed-woman-sorry-for-poor-cholo

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

12 Oct I have found the latest Funny,unusual YET true news story.

cant think of a good title for this one, only the song from Jim croce. "dont mess around w/jim"

(the PSG) comes to mind

PSG 1- the drunken motorist 0 :hystery:

The Manila Police District (MPD) on Thursday reported that a drunken motorist was arrested

and is now facing charges after engaging in a race with President Benigno Aquino 3rd’s Presidential Security Group in Manila on Thursday.

MPD Station 10 report identified the motorist as Mark Jayson Hanopol, a medical representative.

It said that Hanopol, who was subjected to a medical examination, tested positive for alcohol. :cheersty:

The police added that initial investigation showed that Hanopol tried to overtake the convoy of President Aquino at about 2 a.m. on the said date. Due to the incident, appropriate charges will be filed against drunk driver, the police added.

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/news/nation/33023-drinking-driving-overtaking-aquino-don-t-mix

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have found the latest funny,wacky yet true news story, this time its not from the Philippines but about a Flipino and of course the philippines.

Title is : hay where's my package.

seems that this man mailed his friend in the RP some special income producing magic powder(drugs) and they didnt arrive,,,, NOW here is the story....

REDWOOD CITY, CA -- A Redwood City man is in jail after trying to mail a package containing three kilograms of methamphetamines and cocaine to the Philippines, the local District Attorney's Office reported this week.

How was he caught? He contacted FedEx?

to ask why his package never reached its destination.

On Aug. 24, Gabriel Uribe-Bautista, 37, of Redwood City, dropped off two packages containing the illegal drugs at a FedEx store in Redwood City.

County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said the packages' contents were discovered when going through customs. The packages were then intercepted by officials.

Authorities then knew they had their man when Bautista called to find out why his packages had not yet arrived at their destination in the Philippines. He was promptly arrested on Sept. 12.

Bautista pleaded not guilty this week to three charges of illegally selling and transporting drugs.

Bautista's bail was originally set at $4 million, but a judge this week reduced that amount to $1 million. Bautista has not yet posted bail.

http://redwoodcity-woodside.patch.com/articles/redwood-city-man-tries-to-mail-meth-cocaine-to-philippines?

Humm. let me think??? i mailed am illegal shipment, :bash: it doesnt arrive??

hay just call the service and ask what happen?..

if a knock on my door and its the DEA(law enforcement)

i just say "sorry sir" i didnt know it was illegal in your country. I wont let it happen again,

jee I really promise.. :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Humm. let me think??? i mailed am illegal shipment, :bash:it doesnt arrive?? hay just call the service and ask what happen?.. if a knock on my door and its the DEA(law enforcement) i just say "sorry sir" i didnt know it was illegal in your country. I wont let it happen again, jee I really promise.. :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

The funny part is when something like that happens here in the Phils instead of keeping their mouth shut and waiting to see who picks it up they rush to the media with the story and pose for picture picture with the goods ... smiling and all pointing to the package ....... and surprise surprise the guy never shows up to pick up his package ..... and what happens to the drugs ..... well your guess is as good as mine ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1