Kiwi Accused Of Attempted Murder In Philippines

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Sorry Tom ...... back to your question ...... no seems to have "gone quietly into the still night" ....... I read normally 4 different papers daily and watch both the local and Manila news ...... seems to have disappeared ....... maybe they paid the Filipinos off and they hushed it up ....... but that is purely speculation on my part ....... but it wouldn't be the first time that someone was guilty of something and paid others off to make it go away .......
Almost as interesting as the news itself is reading the expat's reaction and interpretation of the story. If your speculation is correct about what happened, it sure wouldn't be the first time that someone was guilty of something and paid others off to make it go away.On the other hand, it also wouldn't be the first time that someone was innocent of any wrongdoing yet still had to pay in order to escape the clutches of the justice system.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hahahahaha .... correct sir ..........

retired
Posted
Posted

Something similar happened here in Cagayan De Oro . Seems a local expat " insulted " a visiting Germans Filipino wife as in flirting with her . Next thing you know there are 3 expats rolling around in the street with numerous Filipinos " helping ".Turns out that the German visitor left then returned with 4 Filipino " helpers " one of whom decided to attack from behind ( common here ) . In the ensuing visit to the Police holding area the German ends up forking over 50,000p because the expat attacked was not involved in the first place . Don't know how much the police got but it's my understanding the German and his wife were on the next days flight out . All of which i guess means i don't have to worry about the suit the Filipina was going to file against me when she ran across the street wildy swinging her purse at me and then after throwing it at me and missing wanted to file charges that i " stole " her handbag . :th_goodidea: Ain't life here sometimes interesting . :AddEmoticons04230:

• 7 months later...
Genius
Posted
Posted
Something similar happened here in Cagayan De Oro . Seems a local expat " insulted " a visiting Germans Filipino wife as in flirting with her . Next thing you know there are 3 expats rolling around in the street with numerous Filipinos " helping ".Turns out that the German visitor left then returned with 4 Filipino " helpers " one of whom decided to attack from behind ( common here ) . In the ensuing visit to the Police holding area the German ends up forking over 50,000p because the expat attacked was not involved in the first place . Don't know how much the police got but it's my understanding the German and his wife were on the next days flight out . All of which i guess means i don't have to worry about the suit the Filipina was going to file against me when she ran across the street wildy swinging her purse at me and then after throwing it at me and missing wanted to file charges that i " stole " her handbag . :D Ain't life here sometimes interesting . :yes:
What a way to run a hopeful retirement / tourist destination for rich westerners. Maybe the 1st world isnt so expensive when you take into account all the possiblemoney bleeding activities some of the locals and a nice minority of the police are able to pull off. 500,000 medical bill after a punch up ? They sure have a sense of humour.

• 8 months later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Drinking and agression...I DO AM AGRESSIVE WHEN DRUNK!!!! That is why i only get drunk IN the perimeter of my house. If it so happens out of it and people start irritate me, i LEAVE and no exhcange of further words. Getting in to a fight in Philippines as a white guy is a SURE loss either they come back with their friends or with the police and either you get lucky and not stabbed or shot but in the police station extroting you money. Either way you lost.