Cheap Flights From Downunder

Bundy
Posted
Posted

No sooner had we got the news that Australian Airlines was to be closed down, we now see a replacement budget airline already! Scoot Airlines were advertising $88 tickets, Sydney or Goldcoast to Singapore.combine that with a Cebu Pacific flight Singapore to Cebu and you had a real cheap way to get to the Philippines!Just looked at their website again and all these tickets have already gone! but they are offering the same flights now for $321 Singapore dollars, so it's still a bargain for anyone looking for a cheap ticket. www.flyscoot.com

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No sooner had we got the news that Australian Airlines was to be closed down, we now see a replacement budget airline already! Scoot Airlines were advertising $88 tickets, Sydney or Goldcoast to Singapore.combine that with a Cebu Pacific flight Singapore to Cebu and you had a real cheap way to get to the Philippines!Just looked at their website again and all these tickets have already gone! but they are offering the same flights now for $321 Singapore dollars, so it's still a bargain for anyone looking for a cheap ticket. www.flyscoot.com
Just had a look over their site, you can get cheaper than $321,the 321 is inclusive of meals, baggage, movies etc so its like most cheap airlines that you pay more for what you want. They are one way fares to Singapore and certain travel dates apply. In my case, by the time I paid for trip to either Gold coast or Sydney and then the trip from Singapore to Cebu I doubt if it would be much cheaper but I have not the time to check it all just now.The next question is, who is this airline? Their plane is the older 3 seats to the sides and 6 or so in the middle which airlines like Singapore air did away with and bought new for flights to and from Australia.Anyway thanks for the info and I will check it out more, would hate to part with my life savings and find out the airline does not exist. :mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
would hate to part with my life savings and find out the airline does not exist.
Yes, be careful. I flew from Canada on a discount airline the first time I came. They offered a fantastic rate on the flight and I expected to take it again, 4 months later. I almost prebooked it. And I would have lost my money as OasisHongKong airline went broke with no notice and did not give refunds to prebooked passengers. Not saying this new airline will do the same but I learned to be careful.
  • Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
would hate to part with my life savings and find out the airline does not exist.
Yes, be careful. I flew from Canada on a discount airline the first time I came. They offered a fantastic rate on the flight and I expected to take it again, 4 months later. I almost prebooked it. And I would have lost my money as OasisHongKong airline went broke with no notice and did not give refunds to prebooked passengers. Not saying this new airline will do the same but I learned to be careful.
It is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, which may make a difference t it folding or not.I checked some flights too. AUD $321 BUSINESS CLASS one way to Singapore sounds very good to me. Then slum it on Cebu Pacific from Singapore to Cebu.for about AUD $50.In fact, I worked out a return airfare Sydney to Singapore to Cebu and return to Sydney for $440, all taxes included. Some one might be interested in that.Regards: Jim
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Their plane is the older 3 seats to the sides and 6 or so in the middle which airlines like Singapore air did away with
It is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines,
Now you know where the older planes went ..... they never left Oz ......... :mocking:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Interesting, the outbound fares from Australia are charged in AUD and the inbound fares from Singapore are charged in SGD. Either way you look at it, it's still a pretty good deal when you consider the low cost of a Cebu pacific flight from singapore to the philippines. It IS the cheapest way i have so far found to reach the Philippines but as JGF mentioned, if it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg to get to Sydney or the Goldcoast then the savings are wiped out.A bit like people raving about Tiger fares from Australia to Philippines.trouble is they fly out of Perth and it would cost me almost the entire international fare again for me to fly to Perth from Bundaberg!As a side note, just heard today that Jetstar are going to set up a base in Hong Kong and promising low low fares throughout the SEA region.

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the heads up Bundy...much appreciated. I will look into these guys next time I fly to RP. :cheersty:CheersFred

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Promos are now back on! Fly Gold Coast or Sydney to Singapore for $199AU all in.return flights are cheaper!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Promos are now back on! Fly Gold Coast or Sydney to Singapore for $199AU all in.return flights are cheaper!
Mr BundyYou are tempting me aren't you :cheersty:

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Mr BundyYou are tempting me aren't you :cheersty:
GO FOR IT!....................at that price why not?