Smoking Ban In Most Lgus Unsuccessful

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Should smoking be illegal with all that is known about health related issues?? Smoking ban in most LGUs unsuccessfulhttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/features/02/21/...us-unsuccessful

Markham
Posted
Posted
Should smoking be illegal with all that is known about health related issues?? Smoking ban in most LGUs unsuccessfulhttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/features/02/21/...us-unsuccessful
In a word: no.If anti-smoking legislation is enforced then maybe law-makers should also pass and enforce an anti-alcohol ban!Mark

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In a word: no.If anti-smoking legislation is enforced then maybe law-makers should also pass and enforce an anti-alcohol ban!Mark
Over the last six months I have been watching my father battle with lung cancer and the chemo to help slow down his death. In Australia these days smoking is not allowed in public buildings or bars and eating areas which is a good thing as non smokers should not have to breath in other peoples smoke.Now it is usually a thing with smokers to want to smoke when in a bar enjoying a beer but in these modern times you cant go about killing everyone around you too. You say to enforce anti drinking ban but 90% of people in bars are there to drink so what is your point?My point for today is that smokers should consider people around them,would a smoker like it if someone farted next to them for 4 hours while trying to enjoy a beer, nope so why should non smokers have to breath bad air?I know that smokers get riled up about this subject but its nothing to do with anyone wanting to stop people from smoking, its about consideration.In Australia smokers have gotten used to having to smoke out side or in designated areas and don't see it as a big deal anymore.People can adjust to change quiet easily. :th_thholysheep:

brock
Posted
Posted

I enjoy having a smoke when i have a drink, but i also know none smokers do not want to be breathing in my smoke, i have no problem in just going outside for a few minutes,its just good manners.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Yes but unfortunately many do not have this consideration. It also annoys me to see that some of them use the entire earth as an ashtray. So come on guys throw the butts in the trash or an ash tray.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Smoking doesn't bother me .... when someone lights up I just get up and leave if it bothers me ...... if they want to kill themselves so be it .... just makes it quicker with 20 guys all smoking in the same bar inhaling each others smoke ...... I have no need to go where they smoke or drink .... plenty of other places ......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Looks like the smoke has cleared since I have been offline SugarwareZ-005.gif

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ...... it is like gun-control ... drinking ..... gambling and sex (not necessarily in that order) ....... the argument can go on till the cows come home and you aren't going to convince anyone of anything ........ just argue .......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yup ...... it is like gun-control ... drinking ..... gambling and sex (not necessarily in that order) ....... the argument can go on till the cows come home and you aren't going to convince anyone of anything ........ just argue .......
Its always good to clear the air on these smoking issues :rolleyes:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I don't mind someone blowing smoke in my face as long as they don't mind me passing gas in theirs .......