The Cultural Warrior

daisy
Posted
Posted

In most cases Filipino guys are late bloomers but it does not mean that they don't know their responsibilities when time comes that they will have their own families. Until I saw them as irresponsible family men, then I will defer my opinion, besides, the men I know were all REAL family men!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
In most cases Filipino guys are late bloomers but it does not mean that they don't know their responsibilities when time comes that they will have their own families. Until I saw them as irresponsible family men, then I will defer my opinion, besides, the men I know were all REAL family men!
It's like anywhere else... Some men are the model of stability and some are just unstable - and many more teeter on the fence!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just gonna give a good example on how one should bring up kids ..... in our old apartment house there was a family next door to us that consisted of a ate with a 8yo girl ... a 12yo boy (of dubious gender .... :cheersty: ) and a 14yo girl ..... latter they added another 12yo girl (all distant relatives .... no brothers and sisters) ..... the ate worked 6-7 days a week and only came home long enough to eat supper (sometimes) and then was gone again .... on her day off she was out with friends ..... so who or what was raising the kids ..... a 16yo girl who was a relative and needed a job ..... 2 of the children had OFW relatives that were sending money monthly for support ..... yup ..... they were well behaved kids ... NOT .... we sent 4 letters of complaint because of the loud music and carrying on ..... first time in my life I ever had to send a letter of complaint .... we finally just moved .... when the original owner and his mother ran the place that was not allowed and his mother would go down and tell them to shut up .... but she retired and the owners son took over after he died and the place went to sh*t in a hand basket ...... :angry: ...... but all things happen for a reason ..... and we are much happier where we are now .... but I do miss my roosters crowing across the wall .... (guy raised fighting cocks) .... I can only hear a very few here off in the distance ..... thought about getting one and putting him out back but I'm sure the neighbors would complain .... :mocking: ..... I am serious ... I like the sound of cocks crowing ..... was raised on a farm ..... :tiphat:

• Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Not me MikeS. I HATED fighting roosters. Can not tell you how many-AH- butt stomping I got cause they were not " Taking " care of totally perfectly. Heck, they had it better than we did.Though that experience DID in many ways prepare me for Military service. ( took me a while to figure that out BTW )