A Great Dane

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whilst we already have a few dogs, A Labrador, Jack Russells cross and a Jap Spitz, I have decided to give my self a Retirement present of a Great dane. Given their fairly short life span, (I won't live forever) I feel this will give me enough to do, in my down time, (Daily list completed of course)I read somewhere, that there is a breeder in Cebu. I just wondered if anyone had come across any information or if anyone has a contact for me. I would be looking for a Floppy eared not a Pointy eared.Adding this to our pack, will I hope, give us just about all the necessary animals to help us keep, secure, vermin control and forward warnings of intruders.Any information would be gratefully received.Jack P. :hystery:

post-2148-0-18958700-1333836896_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack ..... all your critters look fat and healthy ... can I come live with you ..... I'm fat and healthy too ..... :hystery: ... haven't seen any GD breeders here in Cebu ..... did you check the Cebu Classified on line ... they have a critter listing listing if I remember correctly .... :hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Hey Jack ..... all your critters look fat and healthy ... can I come live with you ..... I'm fat and healthy too ..... hystery.gif ... haven't seen any GD breeders here in Cebu ..... did you check the Cebu Classified on line ... they have a critter listing listing if I remember correctly .... thumbsup.gif
Thank You mike, yes, I did look on Line but all seem to have US eared dogs, seems the original Dane or Pincher is not popular or scarce even, this will make me even happier if I can Find one, Apparently there is a Kennel Club Affiliation in Manila so I will try and search this out.Only Room for a maid in the new House, Application Form on it's way :mocking:Not often that I want something but like Wine, I don't always know what I want/like but I do know what I Don't Want/like. Anyway, here's hoping something will turn up.Jack P. :hystery:
  • Like 2

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Large dogs in the Philippines are pretty rare and most of the local people are scared to death of them. I have a Doberman and people run for the hills when I take her for walks. Makes for a great guard dog though.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My Thoughts exactly, :hystery:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Have you ever owned or known someone with a Great Dane Horse size dog? :lol: I believe they can have back problems but really don't know. Friends of mine had one years ago and I remember it was big and awkward so not sure why you would want one.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Have you ever owned or known someone with a Great Dane Horse size dog? :lol: I believe they can have back problems but really don't know. Friends of mine had one years ago and I remember it was big and awkward so not sure why you would want one.
This will be my Third, so I am aware of the Pitfalls, Having been married Twice, can I say more ??
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This will be my Third, so I am aware of the Pitfalls, Having been married Twice, can I say more ??
So since you are saying no more, does that mean the dogs were part of the problem :)
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Have you ever owned or known someone with a Great Dane Horse size dog? :) I believe they can have back problems but really don't know. Friends of mine had one years ago and I remember it was big and awkward so not sure why you would want one.
So since you are saying no more, does that mean the dogs were part of the problem :hystery:
Ha ha :lol: No, having said that, my 2 previous GD's were Bitches BUT! not in the Premiere League, My main problem won every championship! The dogs were much Consolation! Comprende?
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

Jack, not sure where you are located but i have seen a few GD's on the Cebu Dogs forum. There is even a separeate section dedicated to the owners, that might be a decent place to start. Not sure about the rules regards posting the URL as they do have a buy and sell section. Just search on "cebu dogs forum" and you will find it NP. BTW, the GD's i have seen around here actually go quite cheap, my understanding is that the amount they eat is quite 'impressive' and most local owners simply can't afford to keep them so a lot are purchased and then sold after the size actually sinks in.Bill

• Like 2