Phillipine Passport

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted

Hi, my fiance lives in Cebu and needs to get a passport to travel. Where are passports applied for in Cebu? Also is there online info?Thanks.

daisy
Posted
Posted

please give this a try or tell your girlfriend to go the DFA office nearest to her location...http://www.telephonepassportexpress.com/express-passport-philippines/passport-services.htmlor tell your girlfriend to go the DFA office nearest to her location...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My wife applied for hers though an 'agency' in Colon, Cebu. They charge a little more than doing it yourself but they can guide her through the rough spots. I asked her for more details but she is being vague. She said you just go to Colon and look for a travel agency that will help get your passport.You may need to remember that things like passports do not always go as smooth in the Philippines as they do in other countries. An agency knows which wheels need grease, but don't let them know a foreigner is involved or the grease gets too thick.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Strange. Well not so strange, When my wife wanted to Change the name on her Passport, she had to prove, she was going somewhere. To True, passports in the PI seem to be a Non Event, Unless you are actually going to Leave the Country. I am not 100% sure that the Government want people to travel and Broaden their Horizon.My opinion, for what it is worth.Jack P. :lol:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

From what I have seen, Filipinos can't just come and go as they please like most of us from the 1st world can. They need permission from the RP Govt to leave.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
From what I have seen, Filipinos can't just come and go as they please like most of us from the 1st world can. They need permission from the RP Govt to leave.
I was aware during the "marcos" period that it was needed to have "permission" to leave the RPbut was not aware that this had reoccurred.Perhaps you meant that Permission/approval (of work contract.PEOA) is needed if one is to work overseas/abroadYes permission is needed(from the DSWD) if a MINOR/ unaccompianed child is traveling without his/her legal guardian http://www.dswd.gov.ph/index.php/faq/1886-travel-clearance-for-minors- IN GENERAL, FILIPINOS TRAVELING ABROAD NEED ONLY TO PRESENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:• Valid passport – at least 6 months;• Valid Original visa for port of entry( when required); and• For tourists, a return ticket. (Memorandum Order No. MCL – 07 -019 issued on October 24, 2007). SOME RESTRICTIONS ON THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL OF FILIPINOSI. Minority- for the travel of unaccompanied minors, a Travel Clearance must be issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and presented to the Immigration Officer prior to departure.A travel clearance is required and shall be secured from the DSWD by the following Filipino citizens:1. A minor traveling alone to a foreign country;2. A minor traveling to a foreign country accompanied by a person other than his/her parents.3. A minor who is the subject of ongoing custody battle between parents will not be issued a travel clearance unless a Court Order is issued to allow the child to travel abroad with either one of his/her parents or authorized guardian.http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=239&Itemid=80I hope that this can help others who werent sure of what the "requirments" are
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:lol: Requirements are one thing, a reason to leave the PI is something Quite Different. I accept that WE (The Foreigner() have some rights, in our own Country, I just Wonder what Rights my wife has, to go to Hong Kong to Shop?? seems None at times!! :angry:Jack P. :)

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
I was aware during the "marcos" period that it was needed to have "permission" to leave the RPbut was not aware that this had reoccurred.Perhaps you meant that Permission/approval (of work contract.PEOA) is needed if one is to work overseas/abroadYes permission is needed(from the DSWD) if a MINOR/ unaccompianed child is traveling without his/her legal guardianhttp://www.dswd.gov....nce-for-minors- IN GENERAL, FILIPINOS TRAVELING ABROAD NEED ONLY TO PRESENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:• Valid passport – at least 6 months;• Valid Original visa for port of entry( when required); and• For tourists, a return ticket. (Memorandum Order No. MCL – 07 -019 issued on October 24, 2007). SOME RESTRICTIONS ON THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL OF FILIPINOSI. Minority- for the travel of unaccompanied minors, a Travel Clearance must be issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and presented to the Immigration Officer prior to departure.A travel clearance is required and shall be secured from the DSWD by the following Filipino citizens:1. A minor traveling alone to a foreign country;2. A minor traveling to a foreign country accompanied by a person other than his/her parents.3. A minor who is the subject of ongoing custody battle between parents will not be issued a travel clearance unless a Court Order is issued to allow the child to travel abroad with either one of his/her parents or authorized guardian.http://immigration.g...d=239&Itemid=80I hope that this can help others who werent sure of what the "requirments" are
All the above is true. May I add that many Filipinos who had "Tourist" Visas were pulled from line or even the aircraft itself. This was done on the so called guise of "Human Traffic-ing" Whether they were actually tourists or going to a job secretly setup, the govt did not give them permission to leave. Even us foreigners can't leave without an Emmigration Clearance so yes, even we need permission from the RP govt to leave too. Filipinos must give the reason why they want to leave. If they fail to give a satisfactory answer, they aren't going anywhere.... Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi, my fiance lives in Cebu and needs to get a passport to travel. Where are passports applied for in Cebu? Also is there online info?Thanks.
So not to complicate things take a look here, http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/consular-services/passport/passport-appointmentAnd also look at the rest of the site. :lol:
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

Back to the OP ;-), the DFA in Cebu is in Pacific mall in Mandaue. They have just moved and revamped the place and the process is actually quite simple and effective. The requirements are posted on their web site. I suggest gather everything together and take a trip down there to apply. Get there between 6am and 7am and get in line, you will have it all done by 10ish if the docs are complete. Any travel agent will get your docs together and accompany you to do the application, but you will still have to go to the DFA office to do all the biometrics, so frankly the extra cost of an agent is a waste of money IMO... SO LONG AS YOU TAKE ALL OF YOUR DOCS, THIS WILL SAVE YOU A RETURN TRIP...Grrr yes, i had to go back for that 'one more piece of info'.

• Like 2