Baggage Allowance With Cebu Air

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I hope everyone that went to the Forum Members Bash had a good time.

I see that Cebu Air has baggage as a prepaid option now. Looks like they are refraining from showing the prices for some reason. Does anyone here know what they are? Its always a bit suspect when they hide these costs.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Do you mean Cebu Pacific? You don't see the options until you start the booking process. I think the standard prepaid is up to 15kg for p150, 20kg is 250, etc. You can pay at the airport but it's more. I think the props baggage fees are different. Also, they weigh you at check in on the props.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Is this for checked baggage or do they charge for carry-on too?

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Do you mean Cebu Pacific? You don't see the options until you start the booking process. I think the standard prepaid is up to 15kg for p150, 20kg is 250, etc. You can pay at the airport but it's more. I think the props baggage fees are different. Also, they weigh you at check in on the props.

Yes Cebu Pacific. So you reckon better to get prepaid then. Thanks for the advice MikeB

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

No Bob they don`t charge for carry on and if I remember correctly it is 7kg allowance
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

No Bob they don`t charge for carry on and if I remember correctly it is 7kg allowance

I should have realized by the weight! Oops!

I have heard that some airlines are considering charging for carry-on too but I don't know if anyone has put that into effect...

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Council invites local airlines to shed light on plaints

By Elly T. Bolonos

Sunday, April 22, 2012

THE Cebu City Council wants representatives of local airlines to shed light on their promotional fares amid growing complaints.

Councilor Alvin Dizon, who wrote the resolution inviting them to a public hearing, said representatives of Cebu Pacific Air are scheduled to appear next month. They have yet to schedule the representatives of the other airlines.

He said airlines should explain why only the sale rate is prominent in their advertisements, but the tax, seat reservation and baggage fees are hidden.

He clarified he is only concerned with truth in advertising because he doesn’t want the Cebuano-riding public to be deceived.

Observations

Dizon also wondered why their promotional rates change every minute.

He observed that airlines are mum when it comes to charges for no-shows or allowing ticket re-bookings but at a higher price.

In his experience, the councilor said he noticed that insurance and seat reservations, among others, are included in the fees even if these aren’t mandatory.

“So, ubay-ubay gyud ta unya ug ipangutana nila (We will have a lot of questions for them) during the public hearing, which will start on the third week of next month,” Dizon said.

He said the airlines should give their side, in the spirit of transparency and full disclosure.

The council also supported the call of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) to subject local airlines to transparency and full disclosure regulations to protect the public.

It joined the DTI in urging the Civil Aviation Board (CAB) to come up with a new circular, incorporating the council’s concerns.

The CAB is tasked with approving the fares of local airlines, including the granting of promotional fares.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on April 22, 2012.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed links and mess from copy and paste

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I loved the comments you included !

:mocking:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I loved the comments you included !

:mocking:

Learning everyday Bob only been using a pc since 2008. Actually I should know better but I have been up since 3am so cut me some slack Ha ha
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

No... seriously! I thought they were funny!

• Like 1