Have A Small Problem

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know of a good Ad removal program that will allow you to view some sites (like this one) but cull adds on others ..... up until a few days ago I used AdBlock from FireFox and it worked great .... but now if I use it when I open up the forum first page nothing shows up .... it blocks the whole page except this ....... I can answer posts already posted but I can't get into the forums to make a new post .... (yea I know some of you may be delighted with that aspect of my problem) with out closing my AdBlock and then reopening it again after I close the forum ..... no big deal you say ..... well I visit the forum 3-4 times a day so it is a PIMA to have to keep doing this .....

post-11-0-61976000-1334972106_thumb.jpeg ........

I can access all the buttons except the forums button .... if I do it shows the above page ...... I have tried several different ones but they all basically work the same way .... won't allow you to make some sites except from showing adds

Now I know that websites make a few bucks on advertizement and I'm not apposed to that ..... but I am apposed to those adds that make you wait for so many seconds before you can delete them and go about your normal viewing .... none of the adds on this website are offensive (except maybe Tom selling of Houndrivers cream .... which I have tried and is nothing but a big scam ..... it didn't remove the warts or hair from my palms :mocking: ) but there are a ton of other sites that are ..... :th_unfair:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Have you tried using FlashBlock? It doesn't really get rid of the ads - it just blocks anything that is flash unless you click on it. I do this rather than using an adblock style.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

No I haven't Bob ...... I'll give it a try and let you know ... :dance:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Found the solution to my problem ...... in add-on program Adblock Lite when pinned to your toolbar there is a drop down feature that allows you to turn it on and off with out shutting down the program and then having to starting FireFox again ..... so now I'm a happy camper ..... I can turn it off and on in the drop down ..... :dance: :540:

Edited by Mike S

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
but I am apposed to those adds that make you wait for so many seconds before you can delete them and go about your normal viewing

I don't think there are any ads on here like that? Are you talking about pop up ads? If so turn on pop up blocker.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

No you don't Tom and as I said your ads are not disruptive to me ..... it is the ones where you are watching a movie or video and the damn thing keeps running across the bottom of the film ..... pop-up blockers don't seem to work but the adwear programs do .... they just do such a good job that they remove EVERYTHING ...... as I said I have no objection to people advertizing ..... so long as it is done in a non-obtrusive way ...... I mean come on ..... telling me I have a small titi and can make it look like a donkey's running across the bottom of the movie is a bit much ..... (just an example .... :hystery: ) ..... last night while watching this Kung Foo movie it was changing the ad every minute and surprising most were Google ads ..... you know like the ones Google is putting in your Gmail email now ..... I switched on the AdBlock Lite and they went away ....

Anyway with the neat feature on AdBlock Lite I can enable and disable AdBlock right from the drop down window after clicking on the icon .... which I only do when I want to make a new post ..... other than that I leave it alone .... I can add to an existing post with no problem ..... so it is all good now ..... :thumbsup: :dance:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Mike - I can't read anything in your post...

Can you turn your ad-blocker off please?

:mocking:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

HEY BOB .......... :36_6_3[1]: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I would like to add to this, now th........

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Tom!

Love the new pic!

:mocking: