New Law Would Mean Jail Time For Sexual Infidelity

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

MANILA, Philippines - A House of Representatives committee has approved a bill that would impose stiff penalties on married citizens engaging in sexual intercourse with an individual other than his or her legal spouse.

The House Committee on Women and Gender Equality has endorsed for plenary action on House Bill 5734 which also eliminates gender bias in laws penalizing the crimes of adultery and concubinage.

HB 5734, an Act Defining the Crime of Sexual Infidelity, is a consolidation of five bills filed by Deputy Speaker Ma. Isabelle Climaco; Susan Yap (LP, Tarlac); Josephine Veronique Lacson Noel (LP, Malabon-Navotas); Teddy Brawner Baguilat (LP, Ifugao); and Linabelle Ruth Villarica (LP, Bulacan).

The bill defines sexual infidelity as an act committed by any legally married person who shall have sexual intercourse with another person other than his or her legal spouse.

Lacson-Noel said HB 5734 does not exempt a person whose marriage has been subsequently declared void.

However, the crime cannot be prosecuted by anybody except upon the complaint of the offended spouse.

''The bill aims to protect the institution of marriage,'' the neophyte solon said.

Lacson-Noel said the bill also eliminates the disparity between the penalties imposed by existing laws on the crimes of concubinage and adultery.

Under Article 333 of the Revised Penal Code, adultery is committed by a married woman who engages in sexual intercourse with a man not her husband. Offenders are punishable by prision correccional, a maximum jail term of six years.

On the other hand, Article 333 of RPC metes out on the offender a penalty of destierro or banishment from the community where the couple lives for a certain period of time.

HB 5734 treats the two crimes as the same acts that constitute sexual infidelity.

A penalty of prision correccional in its maximum period will be imposed upon a person who is found guilty of keeping a ''paramour in the conjugal dwelling.''

On the other hand, if cohabitation takes place in a location other than the house of the legally married couple, the penalty will be prision correccional in its medium period.

Lawmakers proposed that an offended party can no longer file charges against the alleged offender if the former is also guilty of sexual infidelity or had abandoned the guilty spouse without just cause for more than one year.

oopps just noticed this was posted already, Will leave it as maybe this is a place for topic for it. Given the way Philippine law favors citizens against foreigners when accused. It could and I am sure it will be used as a way to get rid of inconveniant foreign husbands.

Edited by jode
  • Like 2

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

1 step forward

3 steps back

Welcome to the Philippines.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

As John McEnroe used to say " you Can NOT, be Serious"

I know there is No divorce BUT! No Nooky Nooky? mmmm Life will be hard for some :mocking: Bill Clinton got away with it, so lets see how many Quote this.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

dean01
Posted
Posted

The way I read it , it gives wife's a chance to stop a man leaving his family, any law that gives women more rights had to be better than the current laws

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Next it will bring in public canning :lol:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am still laughing SOO :hystery: hard when I 1st read this story a few days ago,

even after I had my shot of activan.valium and 3hits of whiskey,( :hystery: even my diapers had to be changed as it was soiled) :hystery:

this law as others that have been purposed is NOBLE in cause BUT ,,

without critizing the elected powers this law would be NOT ENFORCEABLE.

or even would have a chance to be voted on

just look inside at the ones who purpose or vote on these laws..

their is 1 former official according to many news reports has had 16 other (wives,affairs or "dates")

and over 70 plus YES OH YES 70 plus children from these affairs the youngest was just 16 yo(and a movie starlet) when she 1st dated or gave herself to him.

If their was a law *that allowed "broken" marriages to end without

the high cost of the current annulment, the above law may not be needed. ( * the D word)

ALSO i am correct, isnt there already laws on the "books" that deal with "fooling around " with another thats not your Legally married wife?

why NOT enforce them than make more.

bubba has spoken and has ended his :508:

Edited by Call me Bubba

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Next it will bring in public canning

Oooooooooo ... I hope so big boy ..... can't wait till you get back here ...... or is that cane wait till you get back here ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ....... I got some of the nice slim bamboo stalks you like so well ........ :540: :tiphat:

Edited by Mike S

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Oooooooooo ... I hope so big boy ..... can't wait till you get back here ...... or is that cane wait till you get back here ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ....... I got some of the nice slim bamboo stalks you like so well ........ :540: :tiphat:

:th_interesting: Another Closet Door closed then :hystery: something we should know ?????? Whatever turns you on of course :dance:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:th_interesting: Another Closet Door closed then :hystery: something we should know ?????? Whatever turns you on of course :dance:

:th_unfair: Kidding, Kidding of course! :morning1:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Next it will bring in public canning.

This would not happen here in the Philippines. WHY?

1st they will claim it would infringe on their "HUMAN RIGHTS".

2nd its unfair to the "poor & disadvantage".

3rd the elected officials would not allow this to happen to them (as they already have certain exemptions from ARREST during sessions).

4th,, you would hear MOANING (Waaa Waaa) from the unelected rulers (CBCP).

HOWEVER why not make it a GAME/REALITY SHOW like the show "CHEATERS" that was from the US?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
member request