Pra

beegee
Posted
Posted

Hi

I'm finally making headway to retire to the Philippines next year (Bacolod). I've been reviewing the PRA application process and whilst it seems fairly straightforward there's one part of the application form that bothers me - not only do they want your email address (no issue) they also insist upon being given the password (big issue). I know there are other ways to retire there but PRA seems the most practical in my circumstances, does anyone out there have experience of going through this process?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hi

I'm finally making headway to retire to the Philippines next year (Bacolod). I've been reviewing the PRA application process and whilst it seems fairly straightforward there's one part of the application form that bothers me - not only do they want your email address (no issue) they also insist upon being given the password (big issue). I know there are other ways to retire there but PRA seems the most practical in my circumstances, does anyone out there have experience of going through this process?

Never, ever give anyone (Except maybe your wife) your passwords to anything!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

For what possible reason would they need the password to your email account ...... if they insist open another email account that you don't care about and just dedicate it to them if you want to use their services ..... use it for nothing else ..... Gmail is good for that .... I have several accounts ..... 2 with Gmail ... 1 with HotMail and 1 with Yahoo the Yahoo gets all the garbage emails .... If you are talking about the Philippine Retirement Assoc. ..... please be sure you understand ALL the fees and what will be refunded and what won't ..... some people have been a bit surprised ..... IMHO

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
not only do they want your email address (no issue) they also insist upon being given the password (big issue).

That seems strange, are you sure that's what they are asking? Anyway you can do as Mike says or write in a false one and see what happens.

Not sure if this is the form you are referring to but I see no place for password. http://www.pra.gov.p...r_Principal.pdf

But if you are applying on line I think the password is for you to set up an account online so you can log in, not your Email password. Most likely even though its not explained I would think they will send you an Email with log in details and there you will need your password to go to your account online. I maybe wrong as only looked quickly.

Online application. http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_form

PRA website http://www.pra.gov.ph/

This might explain it

post-1-0-45905600-1335439597_thumb.gif

post-1-0-40995700-1335439678_thumb.gif

• Like 1

beegee
Posted
Posted

Thanks Guys, yes definitely what they're asking, it's a funny site all around it seems you need an SRRV number (no idea) before you can ask a question and you can only get that by submitting the application. I also tried the 24 Hour line - no reply. If I go with this I'll probably just set up a Yahoo account just for this purpose. Thanks for the tip on the Fees, I'm sure tehre will be hidden extras.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thanks Guys, yes definitely what they're asking, it's a funny site all around it seems you need an SRRV number (no idea) before you can ask a question and you can only get that by submitting the application. I also tried the 24 Hour line - no reply. If I go with this I'll probably just set up a Yahoo account just for this purpose. Thanks for the tip on the Fees, I'm sure tehre will be hidden extras.

Read post above as I was posting same time :thumbsup:

beegee
Posted
Posted

Thanks for checking it out, the password box is under the email address, but you may well be right. I'll proceed with caution.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yup! Tom is right!

You have to be able to log in (have an account) to ask questions online... The account is set up by your email account as your user name and then you input what-ever you want for your password. This keeps them from being spammed and all business as legit.

beegee
Posted
Posted

Thanks Guys

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yup! Tom is right!

You have to be able to log in (have an account) to ask questions online... The account is set up by your email account as your user name and then you input what-ever you want for your password. This keeps them from being spammed and all business as legit.

I'm always right, lol.

It is not set up to well or explains why it says password where it does but anyway its all good.