Looking For A Wooden Cane

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for a wooden cane about 1' thick ..... length doesn't matter .... anyone seen anything like that ..... (no metal) ..... thought about finding some thick rattan and heat bending it myself (don't know where to find any) ..... bamboo would work but isn't to sturdy ..... any suggestions are greatly appreciated ......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for a wooden cane about 1' thick ..... length doesn't matter .... anyone seen anything like that ..... (no metal) ..... thought about finding some thick rattan and heat bending it myself (don't know where to find any) ..... bamboo would work but isn't to sturdy ..... any suggestions are greatly appreciated ......

I could be wrong but I think I seen canes selling in a pharmacy once but which one and where is the question. Anyway why does length not matter, not much good if its to short for an old boy like you. :lol:

• Like 2

Elsa
Posted
Posted

I've seen them in pharmacies as you say and also in the Department stores in SM and Ayala,

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tips guys but what I want is a cane made from wood ..... I have seen the aluminum and metal ones both folding and adjustable ..... but no wood ones ..... if you happen to see one please give me a shout ...... went looking for rattan in Colon and couldn't find any .... a piece of iron wood bamboo about 1 inch in diameter and 4 foot would be ideal ..... but a fat chance on finding that ....

Curley
Posted
Posted

Surely a local carpentry shop woodworker could make you one cheaply? If you want really cheap then use a bush growing in your garden and bend some branches so that they grow into the required shape........ just wait a few years till they are ready :lol:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Mike I have come back from Metro Ayala where they have canes I checked them out and they looked like wood as the grain looked like it ran all the way through and was uniformed. I asked and they said they were wood. It was on the 3rd floor right by the elevators. So maybe you could check them out good luck Kevin

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir .... I'll give them a look

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sonjack2847 .... do you mean the Metro Ayala in Colon ..... gonna check it out today

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sonjack2847 .... do you mean the Metro Ayala in Colon ..... gonna check it out today

Hi Mike It was at ayala mall but they might have them in colon, also over the road on Osmena there 2 shops which would be worth a visit one is unitop and the other novo they have allsorts in them good luck
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir I found just what I needed at the Ayala metro in Colon ..... actually I found a better selection of wooden canes than the metal ones and they were half prices so I got two different styles ...... "sosyal" ........ :dance: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1