A Letye Forum???

Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

This is a great forum for CEBU! But I am in Tacloban.

Any members from Tacloban?? Is is possible to start a Letye section in this forum??

What do you think Boss??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Any members from Tacloban?? Is is possible to start a Letye section in this forum??

What do you think Boss??

Not sure why you think its a Cebu forum as its Philippines wide forum. We do have more members in Cebu than anywhere else and possibly stuff all in Letye so a separate section is not warranted. Posts about Letye can be posted like any other in any section that suits the topic as answers to most are in general and can relate to anywhere in the Philippines. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

We do have a handful of members in Leyte. As you get to know the members it becomes clear who they are. I belong to another forum which is oriented to Biliran Leyte and Samar but, quite honestly, there isn't enough happening to keep a forum for that specific area active. I won't mention the link for 2 reasons: forum rules and . . its not likely to be active enough for you.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There is a surprising number of expats living along the north shore of Sogod Bay. Many live full time some just spend the cold months there. For some reason the majority of forum members live or visit Cebu. Big Jim lives on Leyte and is very active online maybe he will read your question.

• 3 weeks later...
Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

What do you think Boss??

Not sure why you think its a Cebu forum as its Philippines wide forum. We do have more members in Cebu than anywhere else and possibly stuff all in Letye so a separate section is not warranted. Posts about Letye can be posted like any other in any section that suits the topic as answers to most are in general and can relate to anywhere in the Philippines. :thumbsup:

Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

Hi Jollygood fellow. Mostly because the book mark name says so. I agree there is a lot of great info for any of us living in the Philippines. I was actually trying to be respectful nor disrespectful of this forum! I love it.

• 3 months later...
banyanman
Posted
Posted
Not sure why you think its a Cebu forum

I too thought it was a Cebu forum after joining because the title at the top of my browser says: "Philippines Expat Guide - Cebu Expats Philippines guide". So I am guessing it may have started as a Cebu forum and then expanded from there? If I am right in that assumption, perhaps it is time the webmaster updated that browser heading.

I actually paid a subscription before spending much time on the forum, and then wondered if I had made the right decision because nearly all of the first posts I read were about Cebu (so I can understand why the OP wrote "This is a great forum for Cebu!). But as I delved into more topics I found more that was relevant to other parts of the Philippines.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For what is it worth, I have belonged to this forum for over a year. I will reside in Manila, but i have found, with the exception of places and events, most of the advise and information can be applied anywhere in the Phil. I have yet to ask a question that wasnt replied to.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not sure why you think its a Cebu forum

I too thought it was a Cebu forum after joining because the title at the top of my browser says: "Philippines Expat Guide - Cebu Expats Philippines guide". So I am guessing it may have started as a Cebu forum and then expanded from there? If I am right in that assumption, perhaps it is time the webmaster updated that browser heading.

I actually paid a subscription before spending much time on the forum, and then wondered if I had made the right decision because nearly all of the first posts I read were about Cebu (so I can understand why the OP wrote "This is a great forum for Cebu!). But as I delved into more topics I found more that was relevant to other parts of the Philippines.

We have members from different parts of the Philippines, Cebu has a high number of expats so that's why there is more posts about Cebu. The others are scattered so for example if there are only say 100 expats living in a certain area and only two use the internet then you are not going to get many posts.

As for what it says in the browser, it all about SEO, (search engine optimization) As above, more people search for the term Cebu so if I want the forum to be found I use that word but also if you look it is two terms, Philippines Expat guide- Cebu Expats Philippines Guide so it covers all of the Philippines.

PM me if you wish for your money back. :cheersty:

• Like 3

banyanman
Posted
Posted
PM me if you wish for your money back.

That's not a problem, Boss Man. As I said in my OP, as I delved into more topics I found more that was relevant to other parts of the Philippines, so I wasn't looking to rescind my subscription. Thanks for the offer though. It's not often that anyone on the Web offers to give you your money back. I think that says a lot of good things about this forum :)

I was interested to learn about Cebu having such a high number of expats. What is it about Cebu that attracts them there? I had just assumed that the highest number would be in the NCR, with maybe the Angeles/Subic area running second. If this has already been covered in other threads, just point me in the right direction as I'd be interested to read more on this topic.

• Like 2