Nice Hotels In Manila Area

qbseven
Posted
Posted

We are planning a anniversary getaway for a few nights in Manila. Any suggestions for a nice hotel and/or areas to spend it in? Appreciate any input. Thanks

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I have stayed at the Grand Opera Manila several times and have always been happy with the service and price. It is in downtown Manila so may not be close to things that you might wish to visit.

http://www.manilagrandopera.com/

mariposa
Posted
Posted

We are planning a anniversary getaway for a few nights in Manila. Any suggestions for a nice hotel and/or areas to spend it in? Appreciate any input. Thanks

Well since Im in Manila. I would recommend The Diamond Hotel www.diamondhotel.com/ my college buddy worked there her name is "PAM" she can assist you. Next is if you want to spend in spanish era background try White Knight Hotel Intramuros it is nearby San Agustin Church and also The Bayleaf Hotel in Intramuros, they can assist golfing at night or enjoy the night in the walls. Strolling in Plaza Dilaw, Parian or Baluarte de San Diego. Its really nice.

• Like 1

qbseven
Posted
Posted

Great. Appreciate those terrific and informative replys!!! Have a great day

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Recently I spent three nights at the Dusit Thani Manila Hotel in Makati. Close to plenty of malls, restaurants and nightlife. 5 star hotel but got reservations for $114/night via agoda.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Manila Grand Opera is nice. Staff is great. Nothing bad to say about the hotel itself. Location is the biggest drawback.

The website photos are really deceiving of the outside appearance. Not a good choice if you want to walk around. Elevated roadways, bus stations, and heavy traffic is what the area surrounding the hotel is like. I meet a friend there with his girlfriend for dinner Jan 2010. He had a two room suite.

A nice place in Makati my wife and I stayed in was the Makati Palace. Only problem with that place is it is in the middle of Burgos street. Known Red Light district! Room prices are reasonable if you purchase in advance from Agoda.com. Rooms are big and start at around $48 a night.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
A nice place in Makati my wife and I stayed in was the Makati Palace. Only problem with that place is it is in the middle of Burgos street. Known Red Light district! Room prices are reasonable if you purchase in advance from Agoda.com. Rooms are big and start at around $48 a night.

It's funny but, in all the cities that I have been to (and there are just too many to try and count!), I would say about half of the nicest, classiest and best priced hotels were all in or beside the Red Light district... Go figure...!

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

I spent my Honeymoon at the Historic Manila Hotel. the place is a classic with gr8 food. If you are into History its the place that Gen MacAuthor Made his Manila command HQ during the Big one.

• Like 2

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

What are you planning to do in Manila? That has a big impact on where to stay.

There's a new Microtel near Mall of Asia that is nice. Its walking distance to MOA and maybe 20 minutes by taxi to baywalk, Luneta, Ocean park, etc.

If you want to stay in Makait, try New World Hotel. Its a 5-start place and much cheaper than other 5-stars.

If you want top of the line all the way, stay at the Makati Shangri-La or Peninsula. Both are world class hotels.

Edited by TheMason
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I paid about $150 a night at the Peninsula at Xmas. You might be able to get better deals than that. Beautiful hotel in Makati and you can walk to many places.