What Is One Year Of Your Life Worth?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

well brother what ever you decide we all have to stick together and find a way to make it and help each other the best we can i dont money wise but support wise !!! good luck my friend !!!

and remember We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately," wrote Benjamin Franklin in 1776.

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky
  • Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

Hey Volstateguy,

Sorry for the late reply, but I just had to put my thoughts in...

First off, you are young and you will be living there for many years. And soon enough, you will eventually become acclimated to the economy and prices there. Now $125 may not seem like much in the US, but that is a lot of dough for a typical filipino (which you will eventually become) - remember a salary for a decent helper is around $80/month. If that's where you want to live, you have to look at it from their standards. So, an example question you might ask yourself - is one years sacrifice worth many years of service from a loyal helper? driver? allowance for my filipina? Well you get the picture...

Secondly, based on my research so far, once you move to the Philippines, it is very difficult to make any decent income. And you, I repeat, are still young and may want to eventually venture out to make some money. So another question you might ask yourself is - how hard will it be to make $125/month in the Philippines? My best guess, is that it will be down and outright dirty tough...that's a full time job for the majority of the population there.

So I say stick with the plan. Suck it up while your still young. And it won't be as tough as you think because you got that light at the end of the tunnel. And for further inspiration, I will quote an old fashioned red neck who once said: "Live like no one else now (save, work hard and pay off debt), so someday, you can eventually live like no one else".

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Volstateguy ...... with a monthly income of around $2000 US you shouldn't have any problem at all ...... plus when you reach 62 you can go with early SS retirement ..... and as you describe your lifestyle I will stick my neck out and say you will do better than fine ..... a bunch of us live on a lot less ....... you won't need to scrip and save to just get by ..... besides we don't know what is going to happen in the next 4 years in the US ...... but one thing I can tell you brother is it is going to be a mess ..... get over here and enjoy your life while you can ...... IMHO ...... :dance: :540: :tiphat:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Man oh man, I hope you are doing better deciding from all these answers than I am! After reading through the bunch of them, I'm more confused than ever!!! And I wasn't even thinking of working for an extra year... hehe!

Don't worry about which you choose as long as you are happy with your answer! Good luck!

• Like 1