Medication.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Now that I am back, still alive and kicking. it is time to start the reality of continued health care. Azon is doing some research into the medication required, to see if it is all available here and or Alternatives and of course the costs. Can I just ask here now. does any one have any problems obtaining their medication and if the exact thing is not available are they happy with the alternative 3 of the 4 meds are available at this time although, not in great supply, Not to sure either yet if they can be over the counter or prescription only. so I may be only looking at the 4th, it is called DIPYRIDAMOLE, this is for blood pressure if any one has any good news on an alternative then I would be happy to hear about it. should the exact thing not be available GOSH this health thing can be so time consuming Meds Exercise and rest periods, Food on time( ha never had that before ever) Not sure I will have time to go to work. :no:

Thank you,

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear your okey jack ............. unfortunately, i havent the faintest idea on the answer.

take good care of yourself anyway - and keep smiling!!!

A

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear your okey jack ............. unfortunately, i havent the faintest idea on the answer.

take good care of yourself anyway - and keep smiling!!!

A

:thumbs-up-smile:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Jack you can also do a Google on the meds ...... usually it will give you some alternative medicine you can take ...... Azon can then find out if the pharmacy has these medicines ....... what I did was to make a list of them and then present that to the pharmacist and let them choose ...... when you find out check with your doctor to make sure it won't have an bad side effects with any others you are taking ...... if he gets defensive ... and some doctors will ...... just explain that they don't have it where you are going to live .... glad things are going well for you ..... continue to get better and let us know if you need anything ..... we will help when we can ..... :thumbsup: :tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Lisinopril hctz is available in Cebu a very common high blood presser med don't remember the cost I was low and got some three years ago. Meds in Philippines are a crap shoot I've been told the storage temp and age are not watched very closely. I have read in local papers that counterfeit drugs are common place.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Very true Dan ..... I don't buy anything from the open air pharmacy's here in Cebu .... I choose to buy from the big mall stores as they definitely have a higher turn over rate with their medicines ..... sometimes living in or near a big city has it's advantages

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I take Metoprolol 50mg 2x a day. I buy 60 at a time at Sincere Pharmacy here in Bacolod. They are up to date and the cost today was P1.95 each. What I like about Sincere is they sell it in flat sheets of 10 so it helps me keep track so I forget less often.

• Like 4

retired
Posted
Posted

Based on experience most common drugs will have an equivelent if not the actual one you seek here , but not all . Also , depends heavily upon where you are living within the Philippines . Maybe just me but i research everything given or recommended by any doctor in this country . Sent my wife to get something at the drug store and they didn't have so she was given something else . Sorry , can't remember the drug but i was a bit suprised after researching that only two countries in the world were authorized to sell it and neither was the Philippines . :-)

Every day maint. drugs should not be an issue unless you need something related to Neurological , etc . I only mention the Neurological because i do have a condition of that nature and there was a time when i sought out a Neurologist . What i had been taking in the states was not available so he wrote me script for an alternative . Turns out it was for Epilepsy, which i do not have . :-) Anyway , had the script filled before i had researched it , sort of . Turns out drug store would not issue first time around because i didn't have my Passport with me . Turns out the script was for a drug considered a narcotic here with all kinds of warning labels and i was subject to deportation if not approved, yada , yada , yada.. It was not classified as a narc anywhere else apparently . :-)

Just poking fun at myself... :-)

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's one to make you laugh. 3 yrs ago I had ear wax build up. No big deal right? Ear wax kits available over the counter in US so common sense would normally say of course. Hahaha, surprise. Not here. Get this, they will sell me Metoprolol for HBP without a script but ear wax liquid and squeeze ball requires a doc's script! ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES! I've been here almost 5 yrs and still to this day I can't follow Filipino logic to save my life. I can just hear the good ol' boys laughing at the bar now.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Here's one to make you laugh. 3 yrs ago I had ear wax build up. No big deal right? Ear wax kits available over the counter in US so common sense would normally say of course. Hahaha, surprise. Not here. Get this, they will sell me Metoprolol for HBP without a script but ear wax liquid and squeeze ball requires a doc's script! ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES! I've been here almost 5 yrs and still to this day I can't follow Filipino logic to save my life. I can just hear the good ol' boys laughing at the bar now.

My Grandmother, used to put 2 drops of Olive oil in our the ears to soften the wax up, plugged with a little cotton wool to stop it running out and after 2/3 days Job done, we often talk about old wives tales but this one worked a Treat. Just a Thought!

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 3