Looking For This Church

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Northtoalaska pleas PE me I would like to talk with you.

i don't know how to do that. :)

if you can message me i'll try and figure out how to respond

thanks.

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
the reason of my interest is that the fellow sitting on the steps is my father. a PT boat sailor during WW2.

i sense an interesting human interest story in here North ............. please do share ........... i love to hear stories ............. :dance:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got your message you have mail.

It's the Escano family mausoleum my wife's Great Grandmother is buried there. She was Spanish and never spoke Basya.

Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
mausoleum8.jpg

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
mausoleum7.jpg

• 2 years later...
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So, to close-out the adventure, here are the before and after photos, 1945 vs. 2015.   Great thanks to “Old55”!

Great job Old, I guess you made NTA a very Happy Man :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat: wink.png

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for sharing with us, what a great picture! Its nice that you were able to follow in your Dads footsteps.

I wish you had contacted me before you arrived in Molitbog we have family who could have met you and shared WWII stories with you. The Escano's were very active in the resistance during the war.

For information regarding the battles on Leyte read, Engineers of the Southwest Pacific, 1941-45. Volume 4 page 465 speaks of the PT base located at Panaon Island across Sogod Bay from Molitbog and some of the battles in that area.
I have spent time at Davliz resort about 10 clicks south of Molitbog. The resort is built on the site of a small Jap military base from the book I think your Dad may have been involved in some Naval support attacks at that base, at Molitbog and Massan. I'm curious if that was the case. My wifes aunt was a nurse practitioner (spelling?) supporting the Filipino forces in that area.

Link for the book.....https://books.google.com/books?id=HywuN_Qc4HYC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

Edited by Old55

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Thanks Old55 for the information. I did send you an email, maybe it ended up in the spam folder or something. I guess I should have just PM'd you here.

I've no current plans to return to the area. Of course, I said that after the first time I was there. If my research turns-up more locales or other information, who knows...

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted

This thread is incredible.