Dr Pepper Sightings In Cebu

samatm
Posted
Posted

used to love Dr. Pepper. Still kinda do. In Manila years back they came out with a locally "bottled" Dr. Pepper that tasted horrible. From time to time I have seen Dr. Pepper crop up in Cebu at various locales. but ti was Local sh** and tasted horrible .

Anyway I have found it recently in two places - both imported:

Fooda in their import US section had tiny lil cans of it for 23 pesos. Chilled it was quite good and the labeling said it was made in Plano Texas and was quite good.

Next I have seen it in the Assi Korean Mart. Its a full can size 12 Oz for 50pesos. Its a Korean import (guess our boys over there drink plenty and maybe its caught on with the locals?) Anyway it tastes "just like home" . If you are into DP you can find it. Just look. The Assi Mart I went to was in Maribago Mactan. . Not sure if there is an Assi on Cebu.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Little things like this end up more important than you think they do, huh? Thanks for the heads up!

I bought a Dr Pepper in London a few years back - it was horrid! But I live in north Texas and I'm spoiled - we got DP everywhere. :)

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

Little things like this end up more important than you think they do, huh? Thanks for the heads up!

I bought a Dr Pepper in London a few years back - it was horrid! But I live in north Texas and I'm spoiled - we got DP everywhere. :)

I heard they closed the Dublin DP plant - ( say it ain't so.) used to swing by there and pick up bottles of the genuine stuff - with real cane sugar .

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have not verified it.... but sadly I heard the same thing. Sad day indeed.... The big Dr Pepper plant here got turned into a train station and a Kroger grocery store...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah, yes.... Dr Pepper.... My third favourite soft drink behind #2 real Ginger Beer and #1(the Italian wonder) Brio!!!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Treasure hunt(ing), when looking for some of the items we/I/you like and it cant be found on 1 or 2 searches thats when its time to Start,,,

about DP *10-2-4* has anyone Tried S&R membership?

in the Manila area they used to have a supply

but i no longer have a membership so i cant verify if they still do,

in the past,, Shopwise,Landmark and Unimart used to have(sorry sir out of stock)

past 2 years I have not seen it any more,

regarding the Dublin plant,

Yes that DP was the BEST, made the old fashion way.

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes they do have it in S&R but I can't say if it is the original or not when we go there again at the end of the month I'll see what it reads on the label ......

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK ... we just got back from S&R and they do have DP in regular cans and cherry flavored ...... both are labled "bottled under the direction of the Dr. Pepper bottling co. Plano Texas ....... now whether that means IN TEXAS or not I have no idea ..... guess the only way to tell if it is the old-timey variety is to try it ...... if it is you hare in luck as I've seen it every time i have gone and thy appear to have lots of it ..... good luck ....

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

OK ... we just got back from S&R and they do have DP in regular cans and cherry flavored ...... both are labled "bottled under the direction of the Dr. Pepper bottling co. Plano Texas ....... now whether that means IN TEXAS or not I have no idea ..... guess the only way to tell if it is the old-timey variety is to try it ...... if it is you hare in luck as I've seen it every time i have gone and thy appear to have lots of it ..... good luck ....

Cool there ya go. Did you notice how much they were selling it for? The Plano plant i believe bought out the Dublin plant and closed it. So unless they have a special recipe with cane sugar (which they might) Its all corn syrup stock -which is good but just not as good as the original.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... no that is the one thing I forgot to do ... check the price .... the security guard was looking at me kinda strange as I was turning and twisting the 6 pk and carton over and over trying to find where it was made ...... if you ain't in no hurry I can check next month when we go back ..... sorry ...... :thumbsup: :tiphat: