Toledo City - A Presentation

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I think Kawasan Falls is still closed for the removal of unauthorized structures, reopening date unclear. Really a beautiful place. Do you have many blackouts over there? Great review thanks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

And I always visioned Toledo as a tiny little place in the jungle. Learn something new every day. The picture of the beach looks good too. Looks like I will have to put this on my list of places to visit. :thumbsup:

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i have been there many times as my wifes family have a house in aloguinsan and your right it really has grown i love the area theres a beach near Pinamugajan called hidden paradise which is awesome not crowed at all and a great spot for a picnic !! also in aloguinsan theres a really nice park behind city hall Baluarte park which is very nice , i even went to the cock fights in town !!! now its been a few years since i have been there i even was looking at buying a house there maybe tomorrow i will post some pics i have of the area tom i would recommend it my friend !!!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Excellent report and has sure wet my appetite to visit some of these places you read about but never go to ..... thank you for that information .... :thumbsup: :tiphat:

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Thanks for nice feedback. The picture is in fact from Hidden Beach.

The thing with Toledo, is that some of these places are quite hidden. If you just drive through town, you might think of it as a boring city. Same with Naga and other towns you usually drive through. When you know the side roads, things get more interesting.

If you go from Toledo towards Balamban, you cross the river after Grand Mall. The road turns right, and after 400 meters there's a junction where you go right. Continue here a few kilometers and you'll end up at Malubog lake, I made a short clip on Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPzblXWPbk

Flower.JPGView.JPG

I talked to one of the barangay guys here, who said you can catch Tilafia or Snake head fish here. Notice the raft, who can be rented for a small amount. Climate is a little cooler. If you ever traveled the Transcentral Road, you will see the lake around the 28 km mark if I am not mistaken. If you go from Toledo towards Asturias, 1 km after Balamban there's a new "Wild West Centre" where you can visit fish ponds, ride ATV's or like I do - buy fresh prawns from the ponds. They actually go get them for you while you wait, so cannot complain about the freshness. 370 a kilo, scampi sized. Add 80 peso and they cook them for you. No pictures yet.

Below is a blurred pic taken from Adventure cafe, where you can enjoy a 250 meter zip ride 25 meters above the jungle.

256.jpg

This is 18 km from Cebu City. I like this valley, it reminds me a little bit of Tuscany.

257.jpg

And this is the countryside just across the road

107.jpg

And our sunset, 1 minute from where we live

634.jpg

These are the reasons I like the province life. Fresh air, nice scenery. But I sure miss the city now and then, mostly food, restaurants and the nightlife a young man of 40 miss. Although there is a little nightlife in Toledo, it's quite limited and nothing to write home about. My hope is that Toledo will end up like Dumaguete, with a better selection of sea side restaurants, and at least one deli.

Oh, I forgot the dolphins.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Brilliant Post, Thank you for shareing, Refreshing to see some Positive things written along with the Usual, whine and Anti PI Posts, Life really is what you make it and here we can see some contentment. Red tape and Corruption we can't do much about but a happy life is there for us, We just have to Find it. :)

Regards Jack P :tiphat:

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i heard a story about hidden beach from a local that during ww2 that the Japanese wouldnt go into the caves near there because of the poisonous snakes !!! i really love that beach it reminds me of the movie cast away !!! perfect for getting away from the crowded beaches of boracay or puerto galera i think im going to have to make a trip back there thanks for post its great to see other peoples travel tips thanks again !!!

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

nice post but when I visited Toledo once I never seen a white sand beach like the one in the first post? is it just the light or something? :541:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Beautiful, isn't it? Toledo City was actually my original destination when I thought of moving to the Philippines. It must have been fate because my "Special Someone" is originally from Toledo but now calls that much distant metropolis of Lutopan home... That is, when she isn't in school in Cebu working on her degree in SpEd... Gawd but I can't wait until I am finally in-country!!!

• Like 1