Need Some Suggestions Here

i am bob
Posted
Posted
it ain't over till the fat lady (or in my case boy) sings .......

Doesn't that come out to "Ladyboy"? :mocking:

Ok, back to the real world! hehe! Quick question - you didn't mention if you considered one large factor here....

Are you comparing ink cart prices based on the amount of ink they carry?

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I had Epson once but spent a fortune on cartridges, I never bothered with HP as they were even more expensive. I bought a small canon a couple of years ago, actually about 6 years ago and it has never missed a beat but its stating to make a few noises now. Anyway printers in Aussie cost less than $50 for something basic but can even print photos pretty well if tweaked right. I have bought my ink off Ebay for a fraction of the cost in the shops although the quality is not recommended for serious stuff. I had a look in a shop quickly on my last trip to the Philippines and the printers looked reasonably priced so I'm not sure I will bother bringing one over in a BB box... but I don't do a lot of printing anyway really, taking it to a shop to be printing our is pretty cheap there but can not always work as you wish.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Are you comparing ink cart prices based on the amount of ink they carry?

Bob it seems that most manufactures are filling between 5ml and 6 ml in their carts ..... except the XL's which I found have between 10ml to 14ml depending on brand ..... all the prices I had were for the 5ml .....

Well after all this boring info I gave you guys I've decided (along with my asawa) (especially when I told her I was buying the p8000 printer so she could WiFi from her laptop) to refill my present Canon with the ink I have left over from that CISS piece of crap ..... I already have all the paraphernalia such as syringes from a previous project ..... but I will have to buy a color cartridge (p950) as this one is shot ..... black one is OK and I did refill it ..... besides this Canon is only 1 year old

We decided that the money would be better spent next year on our trip to her folks in Antipolo Pontevedra ..... (god I'm glad I have someone to keep me straight .. :mocking: ) .... this will give us some extra days to stay around La Carlota to look for a place to move if we decide to ...... and maybe by then the price will come down for the WiFi models ..... yea right ... :dance:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

I have a CISS Brother MFC and it works like a charm. This is the kind of system where there are no tubes or mess. It basically uses over sized cartridges that fit where the original cartridges fit. The over sized cartridges can be filled with with really really cheap ink. I print about 25 pages a week in color and just now filled up my black again first time since before christmas. LOVE it.

I also have a newer EPSON with CISS with tubes etc. It is not working as well and has been to the shop once. I dont like it as well ---BUT it does do photo quality -- very nice print outs on photo stock with the cheap ink.

Generally I like the CISS .. I am surprised that you cant buy them in US / Can .

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

As I said earlier the only problem I had with the CISS I have is that the black ink keeps going back down the tube to the reservoir and then you have to prime it about 10 times to get it back to the cartridge ...... now this tells me there is a leak somewhere as the vacuum should keep the ink to the head ..... the color (with 3 tubes) has never had a problem .... that is until the head failed due to age .... the tech guy that came out 4 times replaced the fittings and cut off the tube but it still made no difference ..... I would have thought that if there was a hole or crack somewhere the ink would leak as it is very thin ..... oh well .... live and learn .....

post-11-0-59919000-1339987264_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-57962000-1339987285_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-66984700-1339987305_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-43846900-1339987324_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

After reading what you all have written here I went to Pacific Mall ( Metro Mall) and purchased a HP 2060 with extra set of ink cartridges.

It was very easy to set up and install. ( Obviously if I did it anyone can ) The instructions are pictures with very small words. :thumbsup:

Since we have been flying all over the place so often I thought it would be a good idea to print out our Itineraries ourselves instead of going to a travel agency or waiting until we got to the airport. Also for the Hotel reservations on Agoda, Bookings.com, and Cheaptickets

We also have a lot of forms to fill out and print for the K-1 Visa and other things back in the U.S.

Printer, complete with cables, black and color ink, extra set of the color and black ink cost me 3680.00 pesos. Even came with a carrying case. Not sure why tho. :unsure:

3rd floor Metro Mall.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Printer, complete with cables, black and color ink, extra set of the color and black ink cost me 3680.00 pesos. Even came with a carrying case

That's a good price, I paid 3700 for the printer alone (on sale) and bought the cartridges extra for p700. I had a heckuva time getting it to scan because one of the required Windows services wouldn't start but finally got it going.

Carrying case for a printer? That's a new one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Printer, complete with cables, black and color ink, extra set of the color and black ink cost me 3680.00 pesos. Even came with a carrying case

That's a good price, I paid 3700 for the printer alone (on sale) and bought the cartridges extra for p700. I had a heckuva time getting it to scan because one of the required Windows services wouldn't start but finally got it going.

Carrying case for a printer? That's a new one.

The last HP I bought maybe 6 months ago had a carry bag, not case. Why I don't know either. Maybe so they can say its portable and charge more!