Radisson Blu

bows00
Posted
Posted

I will be paying my first visit to Cebu for ten days from September 1st. Those of you that are familiar with the city, how is the Radisson Blu? The location of the hotel is the most important to me. My days will be spent doing the typical things... working out and sight seeing during the day and checking out some of the drinking establishments at night.

Thanks in advance,

Bows.

• 3 weeks later...
BrandonD
Posted
Posted

The prices I see quoted on discount travel sites are a lot less than they will quote you if you walk in and inquire. I know, because I walked in and inquired. 8k+ per night is what they asked of me in person. It is right next to the SM Mall of Asia, and the views are nice from the rooms. The bedrooms are ok, but not worth the expense in my opinion. The pool is pretty, and they have a very small gym. I recommend Fitness First across the street in the mall, however.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The location of the hotel is the most important to me.

The location is good if you want to shop at SM Mall or if you want to visit Bureau of Immigration. Beyond that, it is a very nice hotel on the very edge of Cebu City proper. If nightlife is your thing then you may want to choose a hotel closer to the Fuente Circle. If cheap thrills is your goal then you may want to choose something in the Colon area. If you like the slots and poker tables then you may want to try the Waterfront (Cebu property)

But all in all, the Radisson seems nice.

• Like 3

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Depends on what your looking for, but Banilad area is where most of the nightlife is these days from crossroads with ia few select bars and restaurants to IT park that is the bustling new Technical Hub of Cebu with almost every type of food available and a vibrant night life.

As far as Hotels and meeting people (expats) http://www.montebellovillahotel-cebu.com is for sure amongst one of the favorites amongst new comers to Cebu. Also http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cebph-cebu-city-marriott-hotel/ there are of course many different alternatives in very different area's, but a lot of our clients seem to have these two places as there starting point.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, got me waffling now. My decision to stay at the Radisson Blu was based on reviews I read on Agoda and Trip Advisor. But it seems like the location isn't the greatest? I am now leaning towards the Marriot... but I still have time to shop... has anyone had any experience with Harolds? Looks pretty good too...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am now leaning towards the Marriot

I think you will find a similar quality of hotel from Radisson to Marriot and you will like the location better at Marriot.

Nothing wrong with Radisson location but you will need a taxi to go anywhere except SM Mall. But taxis are cheap and plentiful in Cebu. BTW, Radisson promotes itself as a new hotel but its not. The building stood vacant and exposed to the elements for many years before they took it over and gave it a major face lift. It looks new though.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: For my 10 cents, I have stopped looking for and staying in the over priced self esteemed hotels anywhere, clean and affordable in a good location is all any of us really need, Resto's in or near, not to far from things, I mean a Hotel room is a Hotel room, just how long do people actually stay in the room each day?? even when we watch TV or other things the light goes off so why pay so much. Unless you are on an expense account or just want to impress.I don't see the point.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Unless you are on an expense account or just want to impress.I don't see the point.

I totally agree with you but the opener did not ask for a fatherly lecture on watching his pennies.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Unless you are on an expense account or just want to impress.I don't see the point.

I totally agree with you but the opener did not ask for a fatherly lecture on watching his pennies.

He did not get a lecture, it is my opinion that's all.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Some very good points FATHER Jack ..... :mocking: ...... I don't think Dave actual meant you were giving him a lecture .... IMHO ..... but you are definitely correct as I am going through that right now with hotels in Bacolod .... while I don't want the cheapest for various reason I also don't want the expensive ones as I don't plan on entertaining (unless you want to come up .... :hystery: ) but just something with out critters or short-time accommodations ( I get jealous when I hear moan & groaning and such caring's on when I'm trying to sleep ...... ol' fellers got to get their rest you know .... .but wait .... didn't you tell me "your only as old as the women you feel" .... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: I keep forgetting that ....

I guess the best thing when some asks about places to stay they give some kinda price range .... so one has a gauge to go by ..... IMHO ..... I set mine between p500 & p1000 but a few p100's won't really matter ...... just not in the p5000 to p10,000 range ..... I's a po' boy ..... :tiphat:

• Like 3