Shipping Flat Screen Tvs - Latest Experiences And Opinions

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend stopped by SM yesterday and wrote down some prices:

55 inch LED Samsung Php229,900 less 10% discount if cash, with free 32 inch LED tv and blu ray or a samsung galaxy phone. With free home entertainment sound system

40 inch LED Samsung Php39,900 less 10% discount if cash

32 inch Smart tv 3D internet ready (Samsung) - Php79,900 less 10% discount if cash

40 inch Smart tv 3D internet ready (Samsung) - Php129,900 less 10% discount

Unfortunately no more Samsung LCD tv but LG has:

42 inch LCD (LG) - Php36,990 less Php5,499 if cash

It looks like the 40-42s are coming down in price in Phils now. SM is probably a bit on the high side too. LG makes matte screen TVs too and I would prefer matte screen.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Here is something interesting I came across. Manila Forwarders is selling TVs for delivery in Phils and they say there is a warranty.

http://manilaforward...tvforexport.htm

Prices look a bit steep!

I think these are not current, older models; at least the Sony is.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

About a year ago Leons furniture store in Canada had a sale on 50 " lcds. They were 720p and they were side by side with the 1080p tvs. You could notice a difference but not that much. The 50 " 720p tvs were on sale for $599 ( 24,800 pesos ). The 1080p tvs were $1499 ( 62,100 pesos ). I bought the last three 720p tvs they had in stock for that sale ( they were 3d capable ). I saved one of the boxes so I could ship one to the Philippines. I hope the BB box shippers will allow it as its a huge box.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
If someone happens to be out and about shopping in one of the electronics stores in Phils, could you make a note of the prices for something like these TVs? Are there any Phils web sites with TVs?

http://www.in-cebu.n...46377cd1c00140d

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I brought a new Sony 32" with me a few days ago from Australia in the original box as check in luggage to Manila and then to cebu. Cost = $42 for 15kg baggage with jetstar and free with Pal, (would have been $34 if I had booked it with my ticket). I paid no customs or duty but I was lucky with that and I now know how to avoid them from my lucky situation. I still have a bit of travel yet on a bus etc so I can't say it's all working yet :)

Edited by Adventurer

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
If someone happens to be out and about shopping in one of the electronics stores in Phils, could you make a note of the prices for something like these TVs? Are there any Phils web sites with TVs?

http://www.in-cebu.n...46377cd1c00140d

Thanks for the link!

It seems like sometime in the coming years online retailing will have to kick in Phils and there will be big opportunities for some entrepreneurs. They have some decent delivery companies like LBC so I guess there are some other obstacles inherent to the culture and geography.