Ok Folks ... Get Ready To Tighten Your Belts

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There was an article in yesterday's newspaper (have to find an online version) that stated that the CDN$-PHP will be around 41.2 at the end of the year (this was one of the major analysts) and that the US$-PHP would be just slightly higher. Also the US$-CDN$ would be about $1.018 so that would put the US$ at around P41.8... And they ended the article stating that other experts were anywhere within a + or - of 8 Pesos of their numbers. Funny thing was this was the 3rd article I had read within a week by different so-called experts saying basically the same thing!

So once you read between the lines, you come up with the following for the exchange value for at the end of the year....

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I found it ironic that less than a week after they announce the 45-1 that it takes a huge nose dive.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Simply put the lower rate(stronger peso) is hurting us all.

about "belt tightening" I have done that for years,, NO MORE 2x yr dinners(actually special treats at the named restruants), take my own soft drink/water when I ride the bus. CUT out the "sweets" except for certain "self-treats".

NOW back to the RP,, accordingly when the peso is STRONGER the FCRA?

on electric,water.telephone is "supposed" to drop. yet I have not seen that happen in a while. the FCRA is part of the bill that they had used dollars to......(not sure exactly what it means ok) then its included on the bill

th

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Peso to become stronger or dollar weaker in Philippines. How much what the limit would be? Ok, let me try a simple thinking.

The economy of this country thus the wealth of the ruling families is depended on the income of the OFW's, this is the highest income of this country.

The OFW's in their majority are workers of max 2000$/month income. We all know what they have to support out of it and what remains as savings, zero balance on the current rate.

If that goes significantly lower then so does the incomes of the ones who thrive on all these remitances, many will not see the reason of staying abroad since they can starve and being home as well.

1-2-3 pesos up or down will not affect us that much unless one is on the survival limit.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I found it ironic that less than a week after they announce the 45-1 that it takes a huge nose dive.

Of course! it is getting close to the 1/2 year bonus payout :unsure:

• Like 1