Old55
Posted
Posted

• Like 4

Will
Posted
Posted

Looks like fun!

I won a free tandem skydive once years ago. I went out to the hangar and everything. Once I started filling out the paperwork (in case I was impaled on trees, fenceposts, etc.) I calmly asked where the restroom was. As I walked to the restroom... I continued to my truck and got the heck outta there!! :kidding:

Now, I'm glad I did after seeing this video. Hell, just seeing that view was giving me white sphincter syndrome! :hystery:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I've been talking myself into trying it for many years. Maybe I will finally get the guts to try! :bash:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Back in the 1980s, a former barrack mate of mine was on the military national jump team as well as going sport jumps every weekend in Halifax. He had talked me into going up and we had agreed on the week after Canada Day - he had to do a demonstration jump with his club for the city's festivities first... It was fun watching everybody come down and open their chutes except for one person who instead just thundered in. That was it for me... At least for that year. I finally went the following summer and loved it though I didn't do more than the introductory jump and once more. That was in the days of static lines rather than tandem jumping. Oh! The guy who thundered in? He bounced off a garage roof and landed in a yard that had not cut their grass for quite awhile and was almost a foot high... A couple compression fractures and I think he broke his leg or something but he was back up jumping before the summer was over! Talk about luck!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I spent a year at Ft Benning GA in 1972-1973? had a chance to go through jump school. No thank you!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I spent a year at Ft Benning GA in 1972-1973? had a chance to go through jump school. No thank you!

I crashed and burned from my jump training. But got back up and took up muff diving instead.....he, he.

Wha-ha, wha-ha -- Jake

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I can't see why anyone would want to leave a perfectly good and safe airplane in mid-flight :mocking: ....... but damn .... that is a good video ...... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

As Clint Eastwood said in his movie Heartbreak Ridge, "Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is not a natural act"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

CEBU, Philippines - The body of a skydiver, who plunged into the sea last Saturday, was fished off the waters of Pasil midday yesterday by members of the Bantay Dagat.

The fatality was identified as Ronald Mendez, 30, of Tagbilaran City, Bohol.

He went skydiving with four other friends from Bohol and had the South Road Properties (SRP) as their designated drop zone.

Mendez, an aircraft mechanic, reportedly got carried away by the strong winds and instead of landing on the drop zone, he landed in the waters off Pasil.

Despite the strong winds, they decided to push through with the jump as it was already scheduled for the day.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=833130&publicationSubCategoryId=107

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Will people never learn? Skydiving is not a sport where you can fool around!

Remember - a little (Huff and Puff) Job can kill you!

:mocking:

• Like 1