Air Asia - Great Throwaway Ticket - Easy To Get

samatm
Posted
Posted

FYI

So I went online and bought a cheap ticket to HK from Clark on Air Asia. Total ticket all in was something like 550 pesos ! No fuel charge or airport taxes added ontop.

You can book and buy online. The booking software keeps trying to sell you travel insurance, and seat selection and added baggage...but just keep clicking no thanks and bing you will have cheap ticket and the boarding pass is easily printed out. The credit card verify system is very picky about you inputting the exact address for the first 20 characters of your billable address. I just used this ticket this weekend returning from HK on CX. Checkin gal asked to see my outbound from PHils ticket and I had it ready.

Only drawback is that is only good until end of NOvember..so I most likely will have to splurge another 550 or so later this year!

If I lived near Clark - I wouldn't throw it away...I would use it instead of getting an extension.. its cheaper!

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Checkin gal asked to see my outbound from PHils ticket and I had it ready.

Thanks for this! I will be looking for one soon! It looks like the airlines will be checking at the departure airports now, as per CMB's post:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/index.php/topic/13353-bi-imposes-return-ticket-requirement/

samatm
Posted
Posted

Cathay pacific asked to see my return tix but upon arrival Immigration did not. Cebu Pacific is asking for it as well. if you have had several extensions already BI will ask for it.

• Like 1