Food Cost Usa Vs. Philippines

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks Phildiver!

Your first 2 items made me laugh....

Red Delicious apples, to my knowledge, do not grow well in the Philippines yet are cheaper than in the US, Fuji apples, which are grown in the Philippines, are more expensive than the US... Yup! Only in the Phils!

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

Seems most prices for pi products are way overly inflated. example 190 peso/ kilo for white onions. REALLY WHERE ? If onions are over 80 i dont buy. usually get onions for 50 to 60 depending. Are those manila prices?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

from what I see is that it's mainly dairy products like milk and cheese that are more expensive in the Philippines but most other things are cheaper, especially fruit, vegges, chicken and fish which I don't think is listed.... If you eat lot's of processed foods like a lot of yanks and aussies do then your going to pay for it or if you like eating the junk food sold in sari sari stores full of preservatives etc then you could also live on that before you kick the bucket a few years later ;)

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Thanks Phildiver,

It's great to see a current price comparison on everyday items. While I live in Butuan City when I'm there, it's always good to know what

goes on in other places. We do most of our shopping at the wet market and I think our prices are somewhat lower. Thanks again for all

that work.

Mike

phildiver
Posted
Posted

ATM Sam. My bad. You are absolutely correct. It should be 90 on the onions not 190. Again some of these represent farmers market prices. These are large white, yellow and red onions not the anemic small ones found in most supermarkets

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi Phildiver, was your original post done on another website page and copied to here? That's html code. If you prepare a post on another platform before posting then try to use a simple text form such as notebook, (not microsoft word) then you will only transfer what you intended to post and not as in this case all the html "instructions" as well. Just trying to be helpful. :cheersty:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

how do you put in a table using this editor. I tried pasting in html code and as you can see it doesn't work. advice please. One of the briliant moderators simply needs to take my html code and make it work thanks

You could try editing and then clicking on the "remove formatting" icon at the top left of the box.... just to the right of your avatar when in the edit box.

phildiver
Posted
Posted

Silly me. I should have mentioned that anyone who wants to see how this post is really supposed to look like can go to my site http://mylifeinthephilippines.com/?p=9491 I have already been cleared to post my link as I did in a previous Living Costs post.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Coke, chicken, cabbage, and potatoes are cheaper in the PI's. I will be fine :tiphat:

.... but what about M& M's?!