Get Me Out Of The City!

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Only been here a week and a half and already i've had enough of city life.It just took me over an hour to get from Fuente to Banilad. Well, you can have that, hopefully we'll be permanently located in Carcar next month and it can't come soon enough for this country boy.Shouldn't be complaining ofcourse, i've spent enough time here already to know better.

Surprise surprise, the missus is now in total agreement! ya see all that time spent in Bundaberg Australia has shown her how good country life is.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:dance: :th_thbestpost: :cheersty:

• Like 2

billten
Posted
Posted

Once you get to Carcar, get out of Carcar town too, its lovely up in the mountains ;-)

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Let us know when you get to Carcar can meet for some beer and give you some tips

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hey Bundy do the bright lights scare you. Hope it all goes well in Carcar. I will be moving away from Cebu chity in about 2 1/2 weeks. A bit further down that you but away from hustle and bustle of cebu.

See yah Sunday

• Like 3

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Only been here a week and a half and already i've had enough of city life.It just took me over an hour to get from Fuente to Banilad. Well, you can have that, hopefully we'll be permanently located in Carcar next month and it can't come soon enough for this country boy.Shouldn't be complaining ofcourse, i've spent enough time here already to know better.

Surprise surprise, the missus is now in total agreement! ya see all that time spent in Bundaberg Australia has shown her how good country life is.

Try walking!

It is good for you and may get there quicker!

• Like 4

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Carcar is not free of traffic either. Been there a few times and I don't really understand what's so special. I've been in Toledo a couple of years, and will probably move back to Cebu City. There will be more traffic but I am tired of province life. Very few expats stay near Fuente. Try a place in Banilad or Talamban, and you will find out you don't need to go to Ayala every day. There are malls(smaller, but still ok) and nice expat hangouts in these areas.

If you're not settled yet, travel around a few places before you decide. Dumaguete might also be a good option, or even a bit up in the mountains of Cebu, like Plaza Housing etc. Only 5 minutes to JY Square but the air is better and climate a few temperatures lower.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Carcar is not free of traffic either. Been there a few times and I don't really understand what's so special. I've been in Toledo a couple of years, and will probably move back to Cebu City. There will be more traffic but I am tired of province life. Very few expats stay near Fuente. Try a place in Banilad or Talamban, and you will find out you don't need to go to Ayala every day. There are malls(smaller, but still ok) and nice expat hangouts in these areas.

If you're not settled yet, travel around a few places before you decide. Dumaguete might also be a good option, or even a bit up in the mountains of Cebu, like Plaza Housing etc. Only 5 minutes to JY Square but the air is better and climate a few temperatures lower.

Thankyou,

Been here many many times over the years but are now here to live. I am just not a person who likes cities but we are staying in Banilad for a while because the wife has things to do. She is from the city but even to her now, she doesn't like it here anymore.We have always liked the Carcar area and yes we know the main street is congested some times but we don't intend living right in the town anyway, we'll be about 3k's out of town in the hills...............perfect.

• Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Try walking!

Hahahaha yeah, very funny.

No probs for me, i can walk Banilad to Ayala no worries, but try to get a Filipina to walk that far :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Back in Australia on the farm, Mrs Bundy would walk all day, cos she's being paid to do it, here she'll pay Php20 to the trisikad driver to take her to the end of the street :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Hey Bundy do the bright lights scare you. Hope it all goes well in Carcar. I will be moving away from Cebu chity in about 2 1/2 weeks. A bit further down that you but away from hustle and bustle of cebu.

See yah Sunday

Bright lights??? where?

Well i notice you've seen the light :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Go west young man!..............make that south.

• Like 2