How Long To Get Exit Clearance Certificate (Ecc) At Cebu Airport?

billten
Posted
Posted

I will be leaving for Hong Kong next week and want to know if anyone has gotten their ECC at Cebu airport recently, as they leave the country, and if so, how long it took to process the thing. I just want to make sure i leave enough time before the flight.

Thanks, Bill

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think mr. ancieorka or cebu rock will answer you to that. Im in Manila i dont know the processing there :unsure:

Edited by ekonomizta

Duma
Posted
Posted

It took me 30 seconds in Manila at customs.......I would say it shouldn't be any difference at any terminal.....but remember where you are. :dance:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is another related topic that could more FULLY answer your questions,

Either you got lucky or I got unlucky.

At Mactan airport, after 1 year and 5 months, I had to pay the travel tax of 1,620, plus the airport tax of 550 and have an ECC for 500 plus the cost of photos and getting to the BI to get it.

read the next 2sentences carefully

To add insult to injury, they almost did not let me leave because

"""I had removed the 'official receipt' that was stapled to the ECC """""and left it home for safekeeping.

I was told that must remain stapled to the ECC for it to be valid. """"""

But then I always seem to get the 'anal' officers when I get to the front of the line.One bright spot thought. I did not have to surrender the tourist ACR card that was only 6 months old and when I came back after a week it was still valid for my next few tourist visa renewals.

thank you DAVE Hounddriver for that post& helpful info

• Like 1

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

You get the exit clearance at BI, not the airport. Bring 500 peso, three passport photos(there's a store nearby, cost 100-150 peso) and your passport. A wet towel might also come in handy, after they take your fingerprints.

The whole process takes about 40-60 minutes, remember lunch break between noon and 1PM, nothing happens then. Bring the original exit clearance to the airport upon departure and give it to the immigration officer.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think there is a different ECC process for Married to filipina residents and for tourist visa guys. Only the tourist visa people have to go to BI, I think. I have no first hand knowledge on what the process is for you 13a guys

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think there is a different ECC process for Married to filipina residents and for tourist visa guys. Only the tourist visa people have to go to BI, I think. I have no first hand knowledge on what the process is for you 13a guys

Very easy to do Dave. When you get to the immigration area, bear right to a double set of windows. This is for the permanent residents. Give them your passport & ACR-I card. They will ask you for a total of P2820 for everything, done! Say thank you and wave hi & bye to the guys at the main immigration counters with the long lines and stay to the right of them and walk right past them. The above applies to T1. I have never traveled internationally with T2 or T3 so I can't help you there. This was back in both 2010 & 2011. Hope this helps. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Agree

Permanent residents can get clearance at the airport. Tourist at the Bureau of Immigration.

• 5 weeks later...
temploni
Posted
Posted

My experience of obtaining an exit clearance.I have a tourist aci card which i renew every 2 months at the local immigration office.I had not left the philippines for 14 months and was unaware of the exit clearance certificate.I was flying with my filopino partner out of clark airport for the first time(and the last).I arrived at the airport early to check in to find i had to pay the filopino travel tax as i had been in the philippines for for than 12 months(first blow)next at the immigration check was told i needed an exit clearance but they did not have the facility in the airport and would need to go to field office.I explained i was unaware of this certificate as i never needed it on prior departures.I also said it would be difficult to get it before the flight leaves(they didnt care).

I set off to the field office but it was not open yet but a guy at the office said i required 3 photos for the form.So where could i get some photos (Angeles city).More taxis fares to Angeles city and when i eventually found a shop open and obtained the photos another taxi back to the field office.I paid the 500 pesos and got the form back in 15 mins but by the time i got back to the airport the flight was on the runway to leave.So i lost the money for the flight out for 2 people and then had to go to manila and re book with another airline.I just wish that the information was more easily available at the immigration offices to save all this hassle at the airports.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My experience of obtaining an exit clearance.I have a tourist aci card which i renew every 2 months at the local immigration office.I had not left the philippines for 14 months and was unaware of the exit clearance certificate.I was flying with my filopino partner out of clark airport for the first time(and the last).I arrived at the airport early to check in to find i had to pay the filopino travel tax as i had been in the philippines for for than 12 months(first blow)next at the immigration check was told i needed an exit clearance but they did not have the facility in the airport and would need to go to field office.I explained i was unaware of this certificate as i never needed it on prior departures.I also said it would be difficult to get it before the flight leaves(they didnt care).

I set off to the field office but it was not open yet but a guy at the office said i required 3 photos for the form.So where could i get some photos (Angeles city).More taxis fares to Angeles city and when i eventually found a shop open and obtained the photos another taxi back to the field office.I paid the 500 pesos and got the form back in 15 mins but by the time i got back to the airport the flight was on the runway to leave.So i lost the money for the flight out for 2 people and then had to go to manila and re book with another airline.I just wish that the information was more easily available at the immigration offices to save all this hassle at the airports.

Wow! That's a major OUCH! That's one of the reasons I like this forum - we learn about these things hopefully before they happen to us!

• Like 1