On-Line Work /on-Line Store

wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

Another thing to look at is Affiliate marketing, if you have a strong website with plenty of visitors (both unique and repeat) many companies will welcome you as an affiliate either as a white labelled supplier or by paying you a commission when you pass on visitors. To enable this to work you do need a strong well visited website, this means you have to get it well established before approaching the companies offering affiliate programs. To give you an example, if your website attracted a lot of foreigners planning to visit the Philippines then someone like Agoda hotels, a company offering cheap flights, or car hire would be interested in working with you.

Thanks for your input. Looking for a good niche to do just that...research,research,research. :)

Curley
Posted
Posted

Another thing to look at is Affiliate marketing, if you have a strong website with plenty of visitors (both unique and repeat) many companies will welcome you as an affiliate either as a white labelled supplier or by paying you a commission when you pass on visitors. To enable this to work you do need a strong well visited website, this means you have to get it well established before approaching the companies offering affiliate programs. To give you an example, if your website attracted a lot of foreigners planning to visit the Philippines then someone like Agoda hotels, a company offering cheap flights, or car hire would be interested in working with you.

Thanks for your input. Looking for a good niche to do just that...research,research,research. :)

If you're going the affiliate route then start with the subject that you know most about...... that will be the easiest to write copious amounts of content about. If that is not a popular subject then find something that is popular and of course.... something that other sites do not cover very well. It won't be easy but then again nothing in life is easy.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Drop shipping is apparently not so good these days but by all means look into it. I asked around a bit but I found the experts were saying it's too competitive and tight to make much with it anymore.

There are plenty of other ways. I would suggest to start a free blog on blogger.com or some other one and start writing about what you are interested in. The more niche the better ;) once you get a following then start your own blog with your own domain name and hosting and redirect all your followers to your website. Use twitter, facebook and youtube to get some social networking going along with lots of other things. Forget about making money at this stage, just build up your blog and folllowers and then learn how to convert this into sales.... Checkout warrior forums to learn from others who are in the same boat as you....

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Internet service in Philippines is not like in the States. Power outages and service outages are common. If you must have reasonably fast and reliable service you will need to be near a larger city.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Drop shipping is apparently not so good these days but by all means look into it. I asked around a bit but I found the experts were saying it's too competitive and tight to make much with it anymore.

There are plenty of other ways. I would suggest to start a free blog on blogger.com or some other one and start writing about what you are interested in. The more niche the better ;) once you get a following then start your own blog with your own domain name and hosting and redirect all your followers to your website. Use twitter, facebook and youtube to get some social networking going along with lots of other things. Forget about making money at this stage, just build up your blog and folllowers and then learn how to convert this into sales.... Checkout warrior forums to learn from others who are in the same boat as you....

I don't agree with this. Start your own domain and website asap and post all your info on there for a few days so that the search engines pick it up from your site first.... then post it on blog sites to try and benefit from their popularity. Starting on theirs and then starting afresh on your own makes it hard work and time consuming.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't agree with this. Start your own domain and website asap and post all your info on there for a few days so that the search engines pick it up from your site first.... then post it on blog sites to try and benefit from their popularity. Starting on theirs and then starting afresh on your own makes it hard work and time consuming.

Yes it is better to run your own site first but most noobs have no idea so at least he can get started on writing right away and work on his bigger goals for no cost. Anyway the idea is to just get started....

btw I have been making a living online since 1996, from 2008 to 2010 I was making over $100,000 per year profit online, it has dropped a bit recently but still make a reasonable living.. I have never sold one physical product either, all 100% digital with only costs $25a month hosting and about $5 - 10 per year for domain names.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Yes it is better to run your own site first but most noobs have no idea so at least he can get started on writing right away and work on his bigger goals for no cost. Anyway the idea is to just get started....

btw I have been making a living online since 1996, from 2008 to 2010 I was making over $100,000 per year profit online, it has dropped a bit recently but still make a reasonable living.. I have never sold one physical product either, all 100% digital with only costs $25a month hosting and about $5 - 10 per year for domain names.

$100,000 a year is exceptional especially with just one domain name ($5 - 10 per year) and presumably some blogs on other people's sites? Kudos to you sir. :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I know a lot of the shops on e-bay are simply selling drop shipped goods. E-bay used to have rules against them but apparently embraces the idea now. Most of the auctions/money handling/communications are all automated now. It would still be a lot of work running the auctions and keeping customers happy. And there are so many Chinese vendors I don't how hard it would be to get your share of the customers.

I've thought about for years but never enough to really act on it.

jojones
Posted
Posted

Remember that almost all internet marketers fail (including me). Eventually I gave up on it as I just don't have the "sales gene" in my blood. Luckily I picked up a lot about SEO and now have clients I work for to get them traffic on Google.

My recommendations would be to avoid buying into any schemes/ebooks/courses which promise "earn $3,349 per month on autopilot". Avoid looking for the easy option with adsense or small affiliate websites. As has been mentioned above find an angle you know about or are interested in, get a site up (Blogger is fine at first and you can easily transfer the site later, but starting with a proper domain name on Wordpress is better), then concentrate on getting traffic. Learn about keywords, white hat link building (avoid any cheap/mass submission links) and improving the site (keeping people on for longer, make the visitor experience perfect).

Set up an e-reader to grab SEO/internet marketing articles from blogs and browse through them occasionally- don't read too much or you will end up procrastinating. For some inspiration join Mixergy for a month where top earners online are interviewed. Once you are comfortable with your site and have some good traffic, either monetize it or think of something new you can monetize.

• Like 1