Internet Sticks - Globe Or Smartbro?

GregZ
Posted
Posted
then we "solve" it by only open one webcam at the time.

I'm glad I live in Cebu now and don't have to fight these struggles... Just this past April I was still doing it though.

My girl had a SmartBro... using it in Guadalupe, Cebu City. Very hit and miss. When it was a hit it was still too slow for video chat EXCEPT we found that we could use Skype or Logitech VidHD for the picture (VidHD compression software is gOOd) THEN for the audio we would use Yahoo Messenger. This commonly worked using 2 different programs, 1 for video and 1 for audio. :541:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I use a sun dongle. 799 a month.

if you go to a sun shop they will let you have a trial for 3 days

How do you find their signal strength? Are you finding any issues like the others complain of? And how are they once you get out of town? Decent coverage or...?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
How do you find their signal strength?

Just click on the icon to open the program and there is another icon that shows 'signal strength' :hystery: :morning1:

But seriously, in Cebu or other metro areas they are likely to be as good as any of the others

• Like 1

chrisandging
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use a sun dongle. 799 a month.

if you go to a sun shop they will let you have a trial for 3 days

How do you find their signal strength? Are you finding any issues like the others complain of? And how are they once you get out of town? Decent coverage or...?

I've used sun for a year now.

Initially it was great, normally just under 1MBs

Gradually it has slowed as they use more bandwidth but do not upgrade. Currently very slow but that could be a weather problem.

You loose the signal away from cities. (we use it in the car to navigate)

There is no tie in so if i find something better i don't even need to cancel, just not pay my bill and i will be cut off.

Edited by chrisandging

• 11 months later...
dems
Posted
Posted

This depends on yourlocation.  Before deciding to buy internet sticks, do some feasibility study first about the site signal on your location.  Here in Cagayan de Oro, Globe is doing well when your within the city while smartbro is doing more good either in the city or farther location.  For me, I choose SmartBro.